Dead Space 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Dead Space 3

Report: First Dead Space 3 Info?
Details supposedly leaked online.

Last week we reported on the existence of Dead Space 3, and now the first details may have emerged.

According to Siliconera, a reliable source has detailed Dead Space 3's setting and enemies.

Supposedly, the game begins as Isaac crash lands onto Tau Volantis, "an icy planet where Isaac Clarke has to wade through white-out blizzard conditions."

Isaac believes he's the only survivor and begins heading to an abandoned waystation. He soon finds that others are still alive, including Ellie from Dead Space 2 and a new character named Jennifer. The report adds that the enemies will be known as The Hive Mind.

These are only rumors for now, and EA has yet to comment on the existence of Dead Space 3.

Would you be interested in a Dead Space set on a frozen planet? Let us know in the comments below.

IGN.com
Old 09-27-11, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Re: Dead Space 3

Hmmm, Hive mind...Frozen Planet...it sounds like Halo and Lost Planet fucked and gave birth to Dead Space 3.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 06-05-12 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-27-11, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...space-3-a.html

Repost... wait a minute.
Old 09-27-11, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I don't know how the hell that happened. I hope the other gets deleted, I couldn't do it myself.
Old 09-27-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Hmmm, Hive mind...Frozen Planet...it sounds like Halo and Lost Planet fucked and had gave birth to Dead Space 3.
Which is perfect for u.
Old 09-27-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the idea. Make it more into a "The Thing" setting/atmosphere. I love the Dead Space series, but I don't know how many more they can do on the ships.
Old 09-27-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Loved the first two. For me personally, Dead Space is right behind Uncharted as my favorite series this generation. I'm all in for part 3.
Old 06-04-12, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FUCK YEAH!!!
Old 06-04-12, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Co-op plus cover-based combat? Could be a good game, of course, but it's not the Dead Space I fell in love with.
Old 06-09-12, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Just saw the latest trailer and looks good. I'll admit I didn't play the first two but I like the two-palyer co-op since it reminds me of Army of Two which I liked. How long were the other two DS games and what about DLC?
Old 06-09-12, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I loved the first one, but haven't gotten around to playing the second one yet. I have no doubt that I am going to enjoy the second, and I have no doubt that the third will be an excellent game, too. I'm glad they are changing things up a little bit, but retaining what people like about the series.
Old 06-09-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I loved the first one, but haven't gotten around to playing the second one yet. I have no doubt that I am going to enjoy the second, and I have no doubt that the third will be an excellent game, too. I'm glad they are changing things up a little bit, but retaining what people like about the series.
Based on what we've seen, I have to disagree there. What I liked about this series is the feeling of being alone, terrified, and with nowhere to hide. I'm sure things will still jump out and go "Boo!" but, as with the best horror movies, that's not what's really scary.
Old 06-09-12, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah not liking the Co-Op but it's looks awesome and I'm glad they're making another one.
Old 06-17-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Saw this over at GameInformer....a video/trailer of offical in-game footage. It's about 21 minutes long with 1st player and co-op play along with some commentary. Prettty good stuff, epecially the "Big Drill" segment at the 13min mark. The look and sound on this should be pretty impresive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ImFplpcXIIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-17-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yep, snow and big monsters (Lost Planet) and Co-op (Halo)
Old 06-17-12, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damage control engaged:

Speaking to CVG in a just-published interview, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said he's confident that new features such as co-op will help the next instalment become "a great game and our biggest Dead Space."

He explained: "What we've tried to do with each instalment is tell a different story about Isaac but at the same time bring in new features and ways to turn the game into a more connected experience.

"... so we embraced [the co-op] idea and we tried to open up the accessibility of the IP a little bit by adding a little bit more action, but not undermining the horror. We can't not be a horror game because that's what Dead Space is."

The exec listed environment and co-op as areas the new game will push, "and at the same time we definitely do not want to piss off our fans by taking it too far from horror," he said.

"We're very self aware of that - we listen to the fans and we hear them. We're going to be releasing more assets over the coming months that show you how deep the horror is. It's definitely not getting away from gore or horror, but at the same time it's opening up to a larger audience by adding some elements."

Gibeau listed Ridley Scott film Prometheus as a particular inspiration for EA, which he says managed to attract a broader appeal thanks to casting and imagery.

"In general we're thinking about how we make this a more broadly appealing franchise, because ultimately you need to get to audience sizes of around five million to really continue to invest in an IP like Dead Space.

"Anything less than that and it becomes quite difficult financially given how expensive it is to make games and market them.

"We feel good about that growth but we have to be very paranoid about making sure we don't change the experience so much that we lose the fanbase."
So basically, it now has something for everyone! But it's also totally unchanged!

It is interesting that he refers to "gore and horror" as essentially one and the same.
Old 06-18-12, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

audience of 5 million? what fucking games sell that much outside of GTA/Halo/CoD/Nintendo 1st party games?
Old 06-23-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yep, snow and big monsters (Lost Planet) and Co-op (Halo)
Yeah but it doesn't suck like Lost Planet.
Old 06-24-12, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Yeah but it doesn't suck like Lost Planet.

You don't know that!
Old 08-14-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dead Space 3 Release Date Announced
Weapon crafting comes to the Dead Space series for the first time.

EA has announced that Dead Space 3 will come out for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Europe on February 8th and in the US on February 5th.

Visceral also took to the stage at EA's press conference to reveal that weapons crafting, one of the most requested features, will appear in the franchise's third installment. Isaac will scavenge for materials and be able to make new instruments of death at workbenches. Imagine a rivet chain-gun combined with a grenade launcher or a plasma gun combined with a scope. All the better to kill necromorphs with.

Visceral is even asking fans of the series to get creative, and enter their own combinations in its 'Tools of Terror' competition at www.deadspace.com. The winner will not only see their weapon in the final game but also their likeness as a non-playable character.

EA has also announced that the Dead Space 3: Limited Edition will give players access to two bundles. Each contains an "advanced suit" and a "devastating new weapon".

The "First Contact" Bundle contains EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity), which was built by SCAF as they began to make contact with 'foreign entities'. According to the press release, "it sports a flamboyant golden finish to provide protection from long-term space exposure and thick armour for… unspecified reasons." The bundle will also contain the Negotiator weapon; originally a scientific the Negotiator boats a Tesla Beam "capable of bursting a man-sized organism into several pieces with a single shot."

The "Witness the Truth" Bundle includes the eponymous Witness suit, designed for the SCAF deep dig team stationed on the ice planet. It will also include the Evangeliser weapon, which "sports a souped-up AL-2g assault rifle on the top with an Emerson 2100 "Big Boy" tactical shotgun on the bottom". Both the suit and weapon are covered in same strange markings which adorned the SCAF deep dig when they emerged from the icy depths of Tau Volantis.

Both of these weapons will serve as "initial blueprints for the millions of permutations" possible in Dead Space 3.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...date-announced
Old 08-15-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shit, February is going to be a busy month.
Old 08-15-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

February is the new November.
Old 10-17-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dead Space 3 Vid Reveals Limited Edition Bonus Packs

EA and Visceral has thrown together a new video for Dead Space 3 today, showing off the extra gubbins you can get when you pre-order the Dead Space 3 Limited Edition. There's a couple of additional suits and weapons to expand Isaac Clarke's arsenal, as shown in the trailer.

To help you tackle the Necromorph plague, you'll get the Witness Suit, which is also more resistant to the icy cold, harsh terrain of Tau Volantis, and the Evangelizer heavy assault rifle and shotgun combination weapon. Additionally, a Limited Edition pre-order will bag you the First Contact suit, built for "long-term space exposure" and the Negotiator, a Tesla-powered tool tailor made for Necromorph dismemberment. Nice.

Check out the brief Dead Space 3 Limited Edition trailer below. The game is out on February 5th, 2013 in North America and on February 8th, 2013 in Europe.

<iframe id="viddler-2425245" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/2425245/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=23211159&disablebranding=0&view_secret=23211159" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
Old 10-18-12, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
audience of 5 million? what fucking games sell that much outside of GTA/Halo/CoD/Nintendo 1st party games?
This is exactly what I thought of as well when I read that line.
Old 01-08-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For those of you who prefer shouting things like "Find objective!" at your TV rather than clicking a button once, here's a preview of Kinect integration:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UnnhCBWegWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.