Old 09-25-11, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Amazing Race 19 -- Season Premiere -- "Kindness of Strangers" -- 9/25/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Kindness of Strangers" (Taiwan) - The Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE sets off for a new global adventure as Teams depart for Taipei, Taiwan. Plus, one team's position in the game is put in serious jeopardy when they lose their passport less than an hour into the Race, on the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

Read more: Listings - AMAZING RACE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1YxAG9BXY

Preview with some team profiles:

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.cbs.com/e/0aigbOtb6NQ_NHH8i73dzQqTDG6rVOvY/cbs/1/" /></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://www.cbs.com/e/0aigbOtb6NQ_NHH8i73dzQqTDG6rVOvY/cbs/1/" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Like every NFL season, if you live in the East and record this, your fucked...J/K

Pad your DVR and don't complain in this later tonight that you forgot. There are 3 late NFL games on CBS.
Old 09-25-11, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 19 -- Season Premiere -- "Kindness of Strangers" -- 9/25/11

If your in the East and recording this, all the late CBS NFL games are running long. Prepare to pad.
Old 09-25-11, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 19 -- Season Premiere -- "Kindness of Strangers" -- 9/25/11

at the guy in Taipei with the Amazing Race colored underwear

That was pretty cool how she got her passport back, maybe when they get back to the US, they will give the guys who helped them a 'happy ending' too.

Last edited by misterchimpy; 09-25-11 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-25-11, 08:19 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Confucius say: Team that loses passport on day one should be immediately eliminated from race; even if someone finds your passport for you.
Old 09-25-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
at the guy in Taipei with the Amazing Race colored underwear

That was pretty cool how she got her passport back, maybe when they get back to the US, they will give the guys who helped them a 'happy ending' too.
Agreed. The passport business was interesting. Good start.
Old 09-25-11, 08:55 PM

Fuck I hate that twat from Amazing race.

That black dude in the pic looks huge!
Old 09-25-11, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"We have to come up with a plan."

"What plan?!?! I'm going nowhere because you have NO passport!"
Old 09-25-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm surprised the production team who filmed the passport on the ground would let strangers pick it up and take it to the airport? I know they don't intervene with the players but I would think they'd make an exception with something as important as a passport. Who knows, maybe the camera crew followed them the whole way.

Man, I can't believe the oldies roamed around for over 4 hours looking for that clue.
Old 09-25-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
If your in the East and recording this, all the late CBS NFL games are running long. Prepare to pad.
Did they adjust their programming so that it would start on time? I didn't add any extra time and it appears it recorded ok.
Old 09-25-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I love HD and I want to marry Kaylani

yea, that passport / social network thing was pretty cool. I was surprised that they let anyone pick that up too. I would have though the camera crew would pick it up secretly and the only way the girls would get it back is if they went back to the gas station and "looked around"

Last edited by MLBFan24; 09-25-11 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-25-11, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Did they adjust their programming so that it would start on time? I didn't add any extra time and it appears it recorded ok.
CBS didn't have the doubleheader today, but they did have games involving AFC teams on the west coast that affected a few markets.

EDIT: CBS should have the doubleheader next week, so everybody will need to pad
Old 09-25-11, 10:43 PM

I'm still confused as to how that guy ended up at the airport, how long was he at that gas station? If it was a case of editing by CBS then I could understand how he might know about being on the show but why wouldn't he just turn it in to the gas station. There's no way within minutes of him finding it that he could have sent out a Tweet and had a random person respond to him.
Old 09-25-11, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieK
I'm surprised the production team who filmed the passport on the ground would let strangers pick it up and take it to the airport? I know they don't intervene with the players but I would think they'd make an exception with something as important as a passport. Who knows, maybe the camera crew followed them the whole way.

Man, I can't believe the oldies roamed around for over 4 hours looking for that clue.
I would guess that shot of the passport on the ground was fudged after the fact. But who knows?
Old 09-25-11, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MFRONE
There's no way within minutes of him finding it that he could have sent out a Tweet and had a random person respond to him.
But that's how Twitter works. And probably not a random person, but his friend who likes the Amazing Race. Doesn't sound implausible to me.
Old 09-25-11, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
But that's how Twitter works. And probably not a random person, but his friend who likes the Amazing Race. Doesn't sound implausible to me.
It was a random person, there were a ton of other Tweets that they tried to blur out which makes it seem like it wasn't something that just happened in a few minutes.
Old 09-25-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MFRONE
I'm still confused as to how that guy ended up at the airport, how long was he at that gas station? If it was a case of editing by CBS then I could understand how he might know about being on the show but why wouldn't he just turn it in to the gas station. There's no way within minutes of him finding it that he could have sent out a Tweet and had a random person respond to him.
Yeah, something about that whole thing felt very staged. Why, after they drove away, was another camera crew at the gas station to zoom in on the passport? Also seems weird to take the passport all the way to LAX rather than giving it to the gas station attendant or the police. I guess he knew they were heading there though. Eh, whatever.

Was glad to see the old folks given a second chance. They really screwed the pooch, but their attitude was so good, I'm glad to have them around for at least one more episode.
Old 09-25-11, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,019 Likes on 842 Posts

Would it have been possible to switch out players in the telephone game or was the one twin stuck once she started? That was painful (especially considering they were my team in the DVDTalk game).
Old 09-25-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Would it have been possible to switch out players in the telephone game or was the one twin stuck once she started? That was painful (especially considering they were my team in the DVDTalk game).
I don't think I've ever seen a team switch players during a Road Block, so I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

and about that passport thing, I hope we find out more about this on some blog somewhere. Since I used to live in LA, I know where that temple is in relation to LAX, and assuming the gas station is near the temple, those guys really went out of their way to take it to the airport.
Old 09-25-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The passport thing was so BB level interference but yay cause it saved the really hot chick.

That's probably why that round was the 1st ever non elimination 1st leg and 1st ever double elimination next leg. If those old people would have went the 1st leg and then seen all that fishy business tonight you would have had a disgruntled ex cast member.
Old 09-26-11, 12:00 AM

Note to self: next time I can't find my keys post on Twitter so some unknown person can tell me where they are.
Old 09-26-11, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,019 Likes on 842 Posts

Had to look up Marcus Pollard. Figured he had to be a TE but couldn't come up with a name.
Old 09-26-11, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
The passport thing was so BB level interference but yay cause it saved the really hot chick.

That's probably why that round was the 1st ever non elimination 1st leg and 1st ever double elimination next leg. If those old people would have went the 1st leg and then seen all that fishy business tonight you would have had a disgruntled ex cast member.
The routes and the eliminations are planned beforehand so this was going to be a NEL regardless of who ended up last. The older couple should soon be gone as they don't appear to have any sense of urgency that they are in a race and are just happy to go for the ride.

I think with the same people that gave directions to the snowboarders were the same ones that found the passport later so I can believe it was lucky that they returned it to them. There is no reason if the producers wanted to interfere to involve random people who tweet, be unpredictable. The produers could have just easily held the passport until the girls came back to "find" the passport at the gas station.
Here is a NYTime blog article on the whole passport being lost and returned
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...g-race-assist/

It was a good start to my favorite show!
Old 09-26-11, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do most of the amazing race players shop at rei for their osprey backpacks? I see a few of the osprey that the players are carrying during the race. lol.
Old 09-26-11, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
What they should have done is huddle together with the fresh twin comforting the dumb one, then sit down and rest, and then pull a switcheroo...a little twin magic.

Not a big fan of this being a non-elimination leg.
Old 09-26-11, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
What they should have done is huddle together with the fresh twin comforting the dumb one, then sit down and rest, and then pull a switcheroo...a little twin magic.

Not a big fan of this being a non-elimination leg.
i don't think they can do that, or else they will face the penalty.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.