Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

A Gifted Man

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-11, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Gifted Man

Didn't see a thread on this show. Was wondering if anyone saw it? How was it?

I saw some reviews were "ok to decent to good" for it.
Old 09-24-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: A Gifted Man

I recorded it, but I know this is not the kind of show this forum is interested in, so I didn't bother with a thread. To me it looks like Ghost Whisperer starring Patrick Wilson. I know you haven't been here long, but especially for a Friday night, if it isn't action or science fiction noone in this forum cares.
Old 09-25-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched it and thought for a pilot,it was pretty decent.
I don't see myself discussing it though. I think for me, it's going to one of those
shows that I'll have recorded and watch whenever... and if it gets canceled I won't lose any sleep over it.
Old 09-25-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was bored and finally watched it laste last night after deciding I wasn't quite ready for bed yet. Surprisingly I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It was kind of like a mix between Medium and Eli Stone, both shows I like.

I was hoping the dead gay partner would come back as a ghost, maybe he still will. I wonder if all he will see through the series is his wife or others, If its only the wife it could grow boring and one note pretty fast.
Old 09-25-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was one of the slowest hours of TV I have ever watched. I know some pilots rush too much to set up the story, but this one took forever to get to anything. I did not care for the subject matter or the cast either so I won't be watching it again.
Old 09-26-11, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I kinda liked it and will give it another go...
Old 11-13-11, 09:06 AM
Cool New Member

Tivo recorded this on 11/4, supposed to be "In Case of Memory Loss" on CBS 9 in DC. Unfortunately it was the pilot episode. So was this oops just in DC, or did CBS cancel this episode nationwide? I looked on tv.com and IMDB.com, both show in case of memory loss being show. But cbs.com does not.

Strange.
Old 11-13-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jgantert
Tivo recorded this on 11/4, supposed to be "In Case of Memory Loss" on CBS 9 in DC. Unfortunately it was the pilot episode. So was this oops just in DC, or did CBS cancel this episode nationwide? I looked on tv.com and IMDB.com, both show in case of memory loss being show. But cbs.com does not.

Strange.

If I'm not mistaken, CBS decided last minute to pull this episode and air a repeat because of the World Series airing on Fox.