Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Tori Amos - Night of Hunters

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-21-11, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From http://www.toriamos.com
Night of Hunters

Night of Hunters is a 21st century song cycle that finds Tori drawing on themes from Satie, Granados, Chopin and other great composers. It tells a modern love story that is only unraveled after a journey to Ireland's mythic past. Guests include such esteemed players as The Apollon Musagete Quartet and the Berlin Philharmonic clarinet soloist Andreas Ottensamer.
I just finished my first listen, and I have to say it is interesting. Often her guests/back up vocalists (including her daughter) are often on par with Tori's vocals and overall the album sounds amazing. It put me in an odd mood though, but maybe that was outside sources as well. I'll definitely have to give it a couple more listens to form a more solid opinion of it. First opinion is that Tori comes through again with a beautiful album.
Old 09-21-11, 02:08 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: New Tori Amos - Night of Hunters

I gave it a listen last week through NPR's website, I believe. It was an interesting listen and different from earlier releases. The guest/back up vocals were a nice touch on the songs and did not seem to distract too much from Tori's voice. I'll def be picking it up, most likely through Amazon's MP3 store.