Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Billy Joel complete album collection remastered box and Piano Man 2 disc Legacy Ed.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Billy Joel complete album collection remastered box and Piano Man 2 disc Legacy Ed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.billyjoel.com/us/news/col...20billy%20joel

Columbia/Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, is commemorating forty years of Billy Joel's career as a solo recording artist with a pair of historic releases--a limited edition Billy Joel - The Complete Albums Collection boxed set and a two-disc Legacy Edition of 1973's Piano Man album (exclusively featuring a long-lost fabled radio concert from 1972)--each appealing to aficionados of the iconic American singer-songwriter-performer.
Old 09-20-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Re: Billy Joel complete album collection remastered box and Piano Man 2 disc Legacy E

Maybe I'll get Piano Man. Have actually never owned that album. But NO WAY do I get the box set. I'm more than a little fed up with all the re-releases.
Old 09-20-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Re: Billy Joel complete album collection remastered box and Piano Man 2 disc Legacy E

Yeah, gotta keep that money flowing somehow with a lack of new material in almost 20 years.
Old 09-20-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm waiting for the version with scarves, marbles and trading cards.
Old 09-20-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So is this only going to be released on the website? I'd totally get it, but no way I'm paying $200; I'd bite at $100-150 though.
Old 09-20-11, 06:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder why kohuept is not included in the box set?
Old 09-20-11, 06:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They also left off 12 Gardens, last play at shea, and the 2000 millenium concert. Maybe he should have left off Songs in the attic, and then released a 2nd live box set.
Old 09-20-11, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

We're only three years removed from the Legacy Edition of The Stranger . In what universe is there any need to have another version of that album?
Old 09-20-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm all for buying anything related to Billy, but the box set is a pass for being incomplete, and for that price. There isn't anything I don't have from that bonus disc, at a glance at least. But I'll pick up the Legacy edition of "Piano Man" for sure (even though I've also got the MMR concert that I recorded off the radio in the '90's myself). C'mon Billy/Sony, you can do better than this!

I just noticed there will apparently be randomly autographed box sets... if they all came signed, that could be a different story...