Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Body of Proof -- The 2nd season Thread -- Premieres 9/20/11 (ABC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-20

Synopsis for "Love Thy Neighbor"

Spoiler:
When a car careens out of control over an embankment, killing a middle-aged man in the driver's seat, Megan learns that all is not well on a pretty suburban cul-de-sac. Looking past the perfect picket fences, she and her team are startled by the lives spinning out of control and the ever-changing suspect roster, on the Season Premiere of "Body of Proof," TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - BODY OF PROOF on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1YWClOH8o

FYI, there are 4 episodes left over from season 1 that didn't air. They will air as part of season 2.

This was a nice little surprise and fun procedural last season. It helps that you have Dana and Jeri Ryan as the leads.

I like this promo alot.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p9DfGDMYKdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 09-20-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Body of Proof -- The 2nd season Thread -- Premieres 9/20/11 (ABC)

Great use of the promo in last night's Castle premiere. I thought for a second that it was part of the episode and that Jordan Shaw had returned to help solve Beckett's murder (that's how I've been teasing my Beckett-fan kid all summer).
Old 09-20-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

And yes, the guy in the way back with the red pants is married to Christina Hendricks and her twins. Get over it!
Old 09-21-11, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Just watched this.

It was entertaining, but it was a little all over the place. I mean it goes from a random murder, a cul de sac full of swingers, a timeshare scam, to Breaking Bad with the hidden Meth lab. They tried to cram in way too much for 44 minutes.

Anyone know the name of that dark haired swinger conducting the timeshare scam with the gigantic boobs?

Did anyone catch the Desperate Housewives jokes?

Megan: "I used to live on a cul de sac like this. Nothing is ever what is seems."

Megan to Ethan: "You couldn't handle a Desperate Housewife. Believe me"

Good to see Joelle Carter from Justified get some work on a major network show. Hopefully this was give her some more exposure.

to Peter getting some action. I really want to know the name of that hottie he was talking to and went on a date with.
Old 09-21-11, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoops. Forgot to program this to record. I guess I'm dropping it now...
Old 09-21-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Whoops. Forgot to program this to record. I guess I'm dropping it now...
Just tune in next week. This show isn't serialized. This episode wasn't great, I liked the inside jokes with Dana, but it's still a fun weekly procedural. You have another tuner available since the other one is recording Parenthood.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-21-11 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-21-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never seen Desperate Housewives, but I still thought this was a fun sendup of that show. I like the chemistry Megan and her partner have, and that they're comfortable throwing some sexual innuendo at each other.

I can't believe Dana Delany is 55. She looks sexy as hell.
Old 02-27-12, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

I don't know how many here are still watching this, but I managed to stay caught up all season.

I really liked the episode that aired last Tuesday. They had some interesting new deveopments.

Jeri Ryan's character got demoted and of all people Curtis got promoted. I loved his reaction. She really seemed devastated that she lost her high ranking job.

Jamie Bamber from Battlestar Galactica is starting a multi-episode arc as a new love interest for Dana Delany. He had good chemistry with her. I like pairing them together than what they tried with Cliff Curtis earlier in the season. Hell man, I'm 38 years old like Bamber and if I met someone who looked like Dana even at 55, I would still hit that.

Unfortunately, I've also followed the ratings and they have taken a major hit competing against Unforgettable and Parenthood. If this show gets cancelled, I hope ABC will keep Dana around to possibly guest star on Castle again as Jordan Shaw.
Old 02-27-12, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
If this show gets cancelled, I hope ABC will keep Dana around to possibly guest star on Castle again as Jordan Shaw.

Not really sure why I wandered into this thread again since I've never watched an episode and still have the first-season set shrink-wrapped on my shelf, but I hope the show survives. I like knowing there's Dana Delany hotness to be enjoyed on a regular basis.
Old 02-27-12, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by davidh777

Not really sure why I wandered into this thread again since I've never watched an episode and still have the first-season set shrink-wrapped on my shelf, but I hope the show survives. I like knowing there's Dana Delany hotness to be enjoyed on a regular basis.
She looks great every week. I've watched every episode since day 1. Whoever does her makeup and wardrobe for this show should be commended. They make her look really good. When you have time you should definitely check out season 1. It's only 9 episodes. If you like it you can move onto season 2 when it comes on DVD (It will have 20 episodes)

The chances of this show making it to season 3 are really dicey.
Old 02-27-12, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

She looks great every week. I've watched every episode since day 1. Whoever does her makeup and wardrobe for this show should be commended. They make her look really good. When you have time you should definitely check out season 1. It's only 9 episodes. If you like it you can move onto season 2 when it comes on DVD (It will have 20 episodes)

I'm sure I will at some point. I'd probably be watching live if my TV hours weren't already beyond capacity, then I took it off my Netflix queue when season 1 was at some insane pre-order price (like $13-ish). Then to kill two birds, I gave it to my wife for Xmas--yes, one of those gifts . But she mentioned the other day that we hadn't watched it yet so she's interested. My Castle-loving kid would watch it too.

I agree it will most likely be too little too late, though
Old 02-27-12, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We shall see what happened after next week's Parenthood season finale and see how much people go directly to Body of Proof (if they do at all).

Every episode though is fun for me to watch.
Old 04-10-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Just a headsup for anyone who is still watching Body of Proof and isn't majorly backed up on it.

Tonight is the season finale

"Mind Games"

Spoiler:
"Mind Games" - When a cause of death seems all too familiar, Megan is forced to come face to face with a serial killer she helped put away, on the Season Finale of "Body of Proof," TUESDAY, APRIL 10 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

This show is on the bubble and might not return next season. However, recently the ratings have gone up with DWTS as a lead-in.

However, don't expect closure:

Spoiler:
The season will reportedly end on a cliffhanger.
Old 04-11-12, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Holy Fucking Shit what a Cliffhanger!!

Easily the best episode of the series. Beats out that 2-part Virus episode with Luke Perry last week.

Peter

Really hope this show comes back. Great finale. Very suspenseful.
Old 04-11-12, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked it. But I think Peter will survive.
Old 06-07-12, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
I really liked it. But I think Peter will survive.
Nope. Just read that they're getting rid of Peter and the two homicide detectives.

I hope they don't get rid of the Miller High Life guy.
Old 06-08-12, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Nope. Just read that they're getting rid of Peter and the two homicide detectives.

I hope they don't get rid of the Miller High Life guy.
I just read that too. I was like "Ok, he's dead after all."

Everyone's wondering what the show's going to now turn into with all these cast members gone. I mean if we're getting the next iteration of Crossing Jordan at least find a way to bring in Jill Henessey.
Old 07-11-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finally finished the first season! My Castle-fan kid loves it so I'll be watching the second season and probably returning to this thread to read spoilers.
Old 02-04-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finished the second season as part of the TV challenge!

And I returned to the thread and am glad that I didn't read or remember any of the specific info above.

Not the greatest show in the world, but I like it and am totally in for the third season as it airs.
Old 02-04-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by davidh777
Finished the second season as part of the TV challenge!

And I returned to the thread and am glad that I didn't read or remember any of the specific info above.

Not the greatest show in the world, but I like it and am totally in for the third season as it airs.
Alot of changes for season 3.

Both detectives are gone. Also, Peter is gone (the dude who got stabbed in the finale)

Mark Valley from Boston Legal and Human Target is one of the new detectives. Also, the season will only be 13 episodes.