Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Severin Films' Black Emanuelle & Malabimba Clearance DVDs & BOX SETS ($9.99-$19.99)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Severin Films' Black Emanuelle & Malabimba Clearance DVDs & BOX SETS ($9.99-$19.99)

Old 09-20-11, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most won't care, but nonetheless I figured I'd mention this clearance bulletin from severin-films.com:
Farewell Black Emanuelle & Malabimba! Stock Blow-Out Prices In Our Webstore!

It’s a sad day at Severin when several of our beloved “Black Emanuelle” titles as well as the incomparable MALABIMBA – THE MALICIOUS WHORE are going out of print in the next few weeks and will not be reprinted. SISTER EMANUELLE, EMANUELLE & THE WHITE SLAVE TRADE, BLACK EMMANUELLE/WHITE EMMANUELLE and therefore BLACK EMANUELLE’S BOX VOLUMES 1 and 2 along with MALABIMBA are the titles being discontinued. But we want it to be a time of joy for those Severin collectors who do not have these titles on your shelves, so we will be offering the ludicrously special blow out price of $9.99 for the single discs and $19.99 for the Black Emanuelle boxes, until our few remaining stocks are gone. Again, these titles will not be reprinted, this is it! BLACK EMANUELLE’S BOX was called “One Of The Top Ten DVDs Of The Year” and “One Of The Most Impressive Collections Of Softcore Erotica To Find Its Way To A Legit DVD Release” so no self-respecting eurocult fan has any excuse not to have it sitting proudly amongst their collections. While MALABIMBA is “Every Bit As Awesome As It Sounds” with “Gothic Atmosphere, Satanic Possession, Lesbian Nuns, Even Death By Fellatio!” The low, low sell-off prices are effective immediately.
http://www.severin-films.com/2011/09...-our-webstore/

Severin's USA Shipping Charges: $2 for 1st item, $1 for each additional item. (There, I hope I'm forgiven for neglecting to mention the shipping charges of Criterion's webstore.) They only take Paypal. I'm not sure if they ship outside of the USA.
Old 09-20-11, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
Re: Severin Films' Black Emanuelle & Malabimba Clearance DVDs & BOX SETS ($9.99-$19.9

Thanks for the heads up!

I might think about picking up the box sets, since I missed my chance to get them at that price one year at Weekend of Horrors @ the Severin table.
Old 09-20-11, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Severin Films' Black Emanuelle & Malabimba Clearance DVDs & BOX SETS ($9.99-$19.9

Bit on the Black Emanuelle boxes. Kinda feel like I am going to get BR burned on this one though.
Old 09-20-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ordered the box sets. I had ordered them from barnes and nobles before but the orders were cancel so I'm glad I was able to get this below the $30 threadhold I placed on myself.
Old 09-20-11, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Damn, they are all Out of Stock already.

Edit:
Okay, they are not out of stock anymore. Ordered. Thanks OP.

Last edited by Quatermass; 09-20-11 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-20-11, 03:36 PM

thanks for heads up.
Old 09-20-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Purchased both Black Emanuelle boxes. Thanks!
Old 09-20-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh. Spent $12 on Malabimba that I shouldn't have.
Old 09-20-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

malabimba was pretty good, plus you get to see that weird looking blond woman and her awesome tits which are worth the price of admission.
Old 09-20-11, 09:18 PM

Thanks, OP.
I purchased the Volume 1 box set mostly for the Nico Fidenco bonus audio tracks. I was going to get volume 2 also because it has another bonus CD, but I read dvd drive-in's review that the movies were boring.
Old 09-20-11, 10:19 PM

Thanks! Bought one of everything! Wish the uncut black box version of Malabimba was still available.
Old 09-21-11, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I gave Malabimba a blind buy.

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Ugh. Spent $12 on Malabimba that I shouldn't have.
As in, shouldn't have spent $12 in general, or having pangs of conscious for buying this particular film?

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
malabimba was pretty good, plus you get to see that weird looking blond woman and her awesome tits which are worth the price of admission.
Is it as blasphemous & morally bankrupt as the synopsis indicated?
Old 09-21-11, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
I gave Malabimba a blind buy.

As in, shouldn't have spent $12 in general, or having pangs of conscious for buying this particular film?

Is it as blasphemous & morally bankrupt as the synopsis indicated?
I wouldn't go that far, especially the morally bankrupt part. as for the blasphemous part, probably, there is a nun involved...
Old 09-21-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
In general. I want to start saving up some money but that is a title I've had my eye on for a price drop for a while. I just hate that its a blind buy and when I want to save money.
Old 09-21-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron lee green
Thanks, OP.
I was going to get volume 2 also because it has another bonus CD, but I read dvd drive-in's review that the movies were boring.
I don't think DVD Drive-In has ever steered me wrong (same for Mondo Digital). I have come to trust those sites near implicitly for grindhouse reviews. Plus the guys at Drive-In actually spend their own money to review a movie when a screener isn't provided, something you won't see at most DVD review sites (I don't think DVD SAVANT would pay for a DVD to save his life!). Casey Scott's reviews of SOMETHING WEIRD titles at Drive-In are the best around.
Old 09-21-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akiramole
Thanks! Bought one of everything! Wish the uncut black box version of Malabimba was still available.
I have that version. Is it any different than the one being sold now?
Old 09-21-11, 11:29 PM

Yeah, Peep. It has XXX scenes in it. Not that I'm into XXX, but damn it if I'm not a completist.
Old 09-22-11, 01:11 AM
Cool New Member

Does either box set have the original Black Emanuelle movie in it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072930/

I looked and it doesn't seem to.
Old 09-22-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by akiramole
Yeah, Peep. It has XXX scenes in it. Not that I'm into XXX, but damn it if I'm not a completist.
the re-released version has the XXX parts as extras along with some deleted scenes. you can actually play the movie with the deleted/extra scenes added back in but the video quality is drastically different and really doesn't add much to it. some of the video was probably sourced from VHS or worse. Now, I never had the other version so I don't know if they were the same scenes or not. The XXX scenes look better than the deleted scenes but I can't remember if they were identical to the rest of the movie video quality wise.
Old 09-22-11, 09:21 AM

Cool Buddha. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-28-11, 06:52 PM
Cool New Member

So, has anyone's order shipped yet? I placed an order for the two Black sets back on the 20th, and my order still shows as 'processing'.... I've contacted the Severin store by email and by phone - no response to the email message or to the voice message I've left.
Old 09-28-11, 07:12 PM

Same here. It still shows up as 'processing'. I sent an email a couple of days ago and haven't heard back. I've never dealt with Severin online so I don't know if this is typical or not.
Old 09-28-11, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Same here.
Old 09-28-11, 07:53 PM
Cool New Member

Same for me - first order from Severin's online store... I love their movies and own quite a few of their DVDs and Blus, but I'm not liking their store's service so far. They probably had a substantial increase in business from this sale, but they shouldn't leave customers hanging without any response back like they've done to us.
Old 09-28-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took a little while, but I did receive an email confirmation.

I have ordered from them once before, months ago I bought their Hardware T-shirt. They had good customer service then. A little sloppy, but satisfactory. Just 1 or 2 people, I think.

If I had to make a guess, they're probably just used to a few niche customers. For all I know, they only expected their blog followers to get the news of this sale; or people who visited the site at the right time. It just so happens that one of these visitors spread the word of this sale to DVD Talk Forum.

This is by far the most enthusiastic response one of my niche bargain threads has received! Maybe I unleashed chaos with this thread & they're struggling to keep up with the sudden spike in business, going "Who are all these new people buying from us?!"

Anyway, I remember getting anxious when I ordered from VCI during a sale & never heard from them. So I'd say if you're willing to cut VCI some slack, it's probably the same thing with Severin.

And I can vouch for my Hardware t-shirt.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.