Old 09-20-11, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Glee -- Season Premiere -- "The Purple Piano Project" -- 9/20/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Its fall and that means back to school for the students and faculty at McKinley High. The New Directions clan returns after a devastating loss at Nationals, so Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) assigns a project to get them back on track. Meanwhile, Sue Sylvester starts her congressional campaign on "The Purple Piano Project"

Season 3 Preview featurette:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sehy3JpzCf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-20-11, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Glee -- Season Premiere -- "The Purple Piano Project" -- 9/20/11

I'll be curious as to what those that still watch this think of it tonight. After a HUGE fall in quality last season(IMO), I decided to quit watching. Will be curious if I made a good decision or if I should have given it another shot.
Old 09-20-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

I fell massively behind last season and eventually couldn't keep up. The last episode I saw live was the Super Bowl episode. But, I didn't want to drop the show entirely, so I bought the DVD set for season 2 last week and I'm currently in a marathon session. I'm at episode 13 right now and I think I will be able to join this season in time by next week.

I agree with alot of the comments from last season that Kurt and his love life became annoying as the running storyline last season.
Old 09-20-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Last year improved after the Super Bowl episode but after a half dozen or so it it still fell back into mediocrity. Overall it had the feel of writers following message boards for ideas. "The kids looooove Kurt, let's make him the main character...wait... that's sooo last week, "People are going nuts over Sue...Emmy!... more screen time!" "the fans want more quips about Will's hair, let's give it to 'em."

Sue is my biggest problem right now since they finally got away from the Kurt thing. She was once unique and likable in her mean spirited-ness, but by the end of season 2 she was just a live cartoon character.

I'm in for a few episodes but I'll probably be bowing out if there isn't a drastic improvement in the first few episodes over last season.
Old 09-20-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

The Curse of The OC Strikes Again
Old 09-20-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

Brittany - " I have pepperoni in my bra..."
Santana - " Those are your nipples!"
Old 09-20-11, 08:33 PM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts

@ the Seacrest tattoo.
Old 09-20-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

Quinn
Old 09-20-11, 08:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I miss Sam
Old 09-20-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

Saw the Go-Gos cover, it was fun. Didn't feel like sticking around for more. Kind of over this show.
Old 09-20-11, 09:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Saw the Go-Gos cover, it was fun. Didn't feel like sticking around for more. Kind of over this show.
bring on the off-shoot 'Kurt and Rachel making it big in the Big Apple' show ...
Old 09-20-11, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Enjoyed the humbling of Kurt and Rachel very much. At least the writers have brought back the underdog angle to the show. Much more optimistic for this season.
Old 09-20-11, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
bring on the off-shoot 'Kurt and Rachel making it big in the Big Apple' show ...
Please, dear god, NO. There are people actually clamoring for this?

This was very ho-hum. Good job keeping Blaine, as his number with the Cheerios was the highlight of this very boring episode. I can't believe the difference between how excited I was for the season 2 premiere last year and the level of non-anticipation I had for this episode in comparison.
Old 09-20-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad ep. Some good lines. A lot of more of the same on the drama front. Too bad trouty mouth walked. I'm glad they dumped Lauren as her one-gag performance never struck me as funny. Quinn's new look kind of hot, but the actress doesn't play badass very convincingly.

A little disappointing musically. I liked the Go-Gos and the Anything Goes half of the mashup.

PS. The Becky co-captain scene was painful to watch. I couldn't understand half of Becky's lines and what I could weren't very funny. The actress has horrible line delivery. Was the actor who played Corky a DS acting prodigy or something?
Old 09-20-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm in the middle on this episode. When they introduced the Quinn angle I thought, this is going to be hot, but the execution just died out. It ended up not being funny, sexy, or dramatic. What was the point of it?

The musical numbers fell very flat for me. The only one I thought was decent was the Blaine number. It wasn't as annoying as some episodes of season 2 so I'll keep watching, but I was hoping for a bigger rebound after the second season disappointment.

Overall I thought it was decent, and since I still have some residual attachment from the first half of season one (how was that attachment lasted so long?) I'll keep watching for now.
Old 09-20-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir

PS. The Becky co-captain scene was painful to watch. I couldn't understand half of Becky's lines and what I could weren't very funny. The actress has horrible line delivery. Was the actor who played Corky a DS acting prodigy or something?
i believe thats actually the way she really speaks (and she's always been like that)

Did i notice a little Carlton Dance during Blaine's "its not unusual" number?
Old 09-20-11, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, i actually liked this episode and the music. Lets hope that they keep it like this and don't rely so heavily on "new" music.
Old 09-20-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
Not a bad ep. Some good lines. A lot of more of the same on the drama front. Too bad trouty mouth walked. I'm glad they dumped Lauren as her one-gag performance never struck me as funny. Quinn's new look kind of hot, but the actress doesn't play badass very convincingly.

A little disappointing musically. I liked the Go-Gos and the Anything Goes half of the mashup.

I agree it wasn't bad episode. There were some good lines that had some black comedy in them. I loved Beiste's reference to Deliverance.

I think the minor storyline of Becky being co-captain with Santana is a waste. I can deal with some of the unrealistic storylines Glee does, but having someone who probably can't choreograph a cheer leading routine as co-captain is just annoying and stupid. Brittany would have been better off being co-captains with Santana. I agree the actress is hard to understand and whenever they give her one-liners it never works because of her speech impediment. Becky is one minor character that I don't find funny at all. At Lauren had moments in which she was funny. Jacob Ben Israel also can be funny at times.

I think Ryan Murphy probably either took inspiration from either the Life Goes On creators or Brenda Hampton when he decided to add two minor characters with down syndrome. I haven't watched Life Goes On in years, but I remember the actor who played Corky had better speech than the actress who plays Becky on this show. The actress who played Jean was easier to understand.

Last edited by writer106; 09-20-11 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-21-11, 01:37 AM

Watched it twice, liked it twice, in for another season.
Old 09-21-11, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I felt there was a big shift from last season. I too was behind finishing S2 and watched the finale right before I watched this episode. I'm sort of glad Sam and Lauren are gone (and Terri Schuester!!!). They need to start adding more underclassmen as it seems 99% of the kids in glee now are all seniors. The music was okay, but the Broadway mash-up was the key number. I realize it is probably tough to come up with a good one that also fits in with the plot, but the mash-ups are really the best thing about the show.

Why on earth did they manscape Matthew Morrison's chest down to stubble?!?! And thank GOD they seem to be dispensing with Emma's OCD issues so that story can move forward.

We've been promised "back to basics", and I'm still hopeful after this episode.
Old 09-21-11, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Decent episode. They did address some the senior/junior thing by saying Tina and Artie were juniors.

If no one watched The Glee Project, the Ethel Merman girl was the third/fourth place finisher and was given a "two-episode arc."

I don't like the Becky character either.

Blaine transfers to McKinley--I'm shocked!

Felt a little sorry for Santana for getting kicked out even though I can see why. Will be interesting to see what they do with that character.
Old 09-21-11, 08:28 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Decent premiere and I liked the musical numbers. Sue was in good form too.
Old 09-21-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Wasn't bad. Gave up on catching up on last season so I missed the final 2 or 3 episodes and really have no desire to go back and watch them. I think this is going to be a show that if I'm awake I'll watch it but I probably won't be setting a season pass for it or be upset if I miss it.
Old 09-21-11, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As someone who truly loved the first season, I have to say I'm a bit over it too. Realized I forwarded it through most of the musical numbers and most of the Sue stuff. I think it's a HUGE mistake graduating people off the show. I honestly can't imagine tuning in for any reason after this season.
Old 09-21-11, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Not sure why they don't just make Two Seasons = One school year. I guess they can't have the big 'finale' or whatever, but shit, this show will falter with losing many of the leads next year.

Tonight was pretty painful. Only Brittany had a few good lines. Everything else, snore.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.