Peanuts Deluxe 6 DVD set 5.93 amazon fulfilled Limited quantity

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 09-11-11, 02:46 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is an older Peanuts set that was originally 100 dollars.
Has 6 remastered DVD's for 5.93 amazon fulfilled
The problem is there appears to be only 6 left at this price. So only buy 1 copy to preserve inventory. I was especially interested because I believe these contain bonus features not in the decade sets.
http://www.amazon.com/Peanuts-Deluxe...5726937&sr=1-2

Last edited by g; 09-11-11 at 03:11 AM.
Old 09-11-11, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Peanuts Deluxe 6 DVD set 5.93 amazon fulfilled Limited quantity

Thanks, ordered one. Still says 6 left so we'll see.
Old 09-11-11, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, that didn't last long.
Old 09-11-11, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would've bought 1 if this had still been in stock. So far I've never bought a Peanuts DVD or BD because Paramount is too greedy with these. Not only has every Peanuts DVD been released on a DVD-5 and usually only contained 2 features, but the cheapest I ever saw any Peanuts disc was about $10 each. Dream on.

On top of that Paramount has only released a small portion of the Peanuts material available out there. I have all of them on VHS from when they used to play them on TV a decade or more ago (who knows if the tapes are still alive though). At least Disney released all of their major shorts in 2 DVD Disney Treasures sets for a tolerable price. Paramount won't even come close to that with Peanuts. They are so far off base in their price and content for Peanuts, it's not even funny. My VHS tapes will have to suffice until/unless Paramount ever decides to release a complete Peanuts collection on DVD-9 or BD-50 where they try to give you as much material as possible per disc instead of try to give you as little as possible to hit a higher disc count to justify (in their minds) charging as much as possible for as little content as possible. Poor Charlie Brown and Snoopy!
Old 09-11-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I would've bought 1 if this had still been in stock. So far I've never bought a Peanuts DVD or BD because Paramount is too greedy with these. Not only has every Peanuts DVD been released on a DVD-5 and usually only contained 2 features, but the cheapest I ever saw any Peanuts disc was about $10 each. Dream on.

On top of that Paramount has only released a small portion of the Peanuts material available out there. I have all of them on VHS from when they used to play them on TV a decade or more ago (who knows if the tapes are still alive though). At least Disney released all of their major shorts in 2 DVD Disney Treasures sets for a tolerable price. Paramount won't even come close to that with Peanuts. They are so far off base in their price and content for Peanuts, it's not even funny. My VHS tapes will have to suffice until/unless Paramount ever decides to release a complete Peanuts collection on DVD-9 or BD-50 where they try to give you as much material as possible per disc instead of try to give you as little as possible to hit a higher disc count to justify (in their minds) charging as much as possible for as little content as possible. Poor Charlie Brown and Snoopy!
Warner took over the franchise a couple years ago and has been cranking out a lot of the old specials and even some new content
Old 09-11-11, 07:06 PM

I really like the decade collections they've released so far. I've got all three (60's, 70's part I and II) and they're awesome. I'm hoping they decide to release the remaining so I can see all of the specials from the 80's until now (though I know that most of them aren't that great).
Old 09-12-11, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Warner took over the franchise a couple years ago and has been cranking out a lot of the old specials and even some new content
I haven't noticed any great deals on Peanuts stuff recently. Well, they did have 1 disc of something for $3 at Big Lots, but I really want everything and the last thing I'm going to do is buy 2 episodes per disc when on a DVD-9 they should be able to fit at least 6 without any compression issues. I just hope that Warner will release a complete set someday. I'm interested in the original TV series as well as all of the specials. While I can't say I care much for the newer stuff (or the series about inventors, museums, etc.), I'd still like it all.
Old 09-12-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

What's on these DVDs anyways? I'm a HUGE Peanuts collector and have got a bunch of DVDs of them. Just don't want to get the same thing on disc, especially if there isn't any added bonuses.
Old 09-13-11, 01:47 AM
Cool New Member

Only 4 left in stock--order soon.
Old 09-13-11, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Manzana
I haven't noticed any great deals on Peanuts stuff recently. Well, they did have 1 disc of something for $3 at Big Lots, but I really want everything and the last thing I'm going to do is buy 2 episodes per disc when on a DVD-9 they should be able to fit at least 6 without any compression issues. I just hope that Warner will release a complete set someday. I'm interested in the original TV series as well as all of the specials. While I can't say I care much for the newer stuff (or the series about inventors, museums, etc.), I'd still like it all.
As mentioned above, the decade collections are better value than the "one episode plus a BONUS episode" discs, though I don't know if they have all the bonus content.

I don't know if a complete set is on the radar, but it certainly wouldn't be till everything is released.
Old 09-13-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

IIRC, to have every Peanut special on disc you basically have to own every individual release as well as the collections. They've strategically placed different "bonus" episodes that can only be had by buying them all. Warner also changed which bonus episodes appear with each main feature from the old Paramount discs when they took over to get people to double dip. For example say Paramount's feature A comes with bonus episode Q Warner's release of feature A now comes with bonus episode Y. So this means you also have multiple versions of the same special just to have the bonus specials.

I own most of them, but the way this property has been handled has been nothing but a big "fuck you" to fans.

There are 90-100 specials so I doubt a box set is in the cards the way they milk this franchise.
Old 09-13-11, 10:36 AM
Suspended

Didnt know there was that many. That sucks, I love them and now my kids have gotten into them. I would pay the big price if a whole set came out.
Old 09-13-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Over at The TVIV, I've kept a list of what specials are on what DVDs. Note that it only includes specials, not The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show or This Is America, Charlie Brown.
Old 09-13-11, 11:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the decade collections they've released so far. I've got all three (60's, 70's part I and II) and they're awesome. I'm hoping they decide to release the remaining so I can see all of the specials from the 80's until now (though I know that most of them aren't that great).
I agree. That's the best deal. I like the packaging artwork and the fact that they take up less space too.
Old 09-13-11, 07:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
IIRC, to have every Peanut special on disc you basically have to own every individual release as well as the collections. They've strategically placed different "bonus" episodes that can only be had by buying them all. Warner also changed which bonus episodes appear with each main feature from the old Paramount discs when they took over to get people to double dip. For example say Paramount's feature A comes with bonus episode Q Warner's release of feature A now comes with bonus episode Y. So this means you also have multiple versions of the same special just to have the bonus specials.

I own most of them, but the way this property has been handled has been nothing but a big "fuck you" to fans.

There are 90-100 specials so I doubt a box set is in the cards the way they milk this franchise.
Yep, I'm pretty sure you're right and there's unique material, either bonus episodes or little featurettes on every release.

The "big two" specials, Christmas and Halloween are on three different releases each, and one must own all three to have everything.
Old 09-13-11, 11:58 PM
Cool New Member

Missed it
Old 09-14-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just still waiting for the 1980's collections...
Old 09-14-11, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm waiting for the feature films, though that's a different thread or two
Old 09-16-11, 10:43 PM

looks as if the Peanuts deal is back on Amazon...at least for now.
Originally Posted by PhantomKO
Missed it
Old 09-16-11, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan458
looks as if the Peanuts deal is back on Amazon...at least for now.
The link in the OP shows $31.93 for me.
Old 09-17-11, 04:03 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
The link in the OP shows $31.93 for me.

Yep me too, not sure what the poster sees.
Old 09-17-11, 11:48 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

The OP is correct, however the price seems to keep jumping from $31.93 to $5.93. One HUGE caveat, which I have just emailed Amazon about. There seems to be a problem with the set. For one, it has a B&N 20% off label on it. And secondly, well - the picture of the set should speak for itself. It's still sealed, so hopefully there won't be an issue getting it replaced. Just makes me wonder if the price reduction was intentional to get rid of the box screwup.

Old 09-17-11, 12:09 PM

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,064 Posts

I guess at that price, though, the only three I would want is the Christmas, Valentine, Halloween episodes anyway (I suppose the Thanksgiving one, too, although I can't stand how extra-mean Peppermint Patty is in that one). Don't know the Easter Beagle but I'd be willing to see it.

I'll buy the set from you for the $5.93 if you don't want it.
Old 09-17-11, 08:21 PM

Yep...Keep checking it because it does seem to fluctuate. It might be as the seller gets more stock they reup the listing. I ordered one last night for the 5.93. Even if it is missing the "You're Not Elected" disc it is still a decent deal.[

QUOTE=cardsfan111;10926731]The link in the OP shows $31.93 for me.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-18-11, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

What extras are on those DVDs as I think I got every one of those episodes already...some like twice lol

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.