Old 09-05-11, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- Season Premiere -- "Out" -- 9/06/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
As Season 4 begins, Clay, Jax and the other jailed SAMCRO members are released after a 14-month stretch and return to Charming—and a rude welcome from the new sheriff (Rockmond Dunbar) in town. Also new in town (and gunning for SAMCRO): Asst. U.S. Attorney Lincoln Potter (Ray McKinnon), who's probing SOA ties to Russian gunrunner Putlova (Keith Szarabajka). Meanwhile, Jax gets a warmer welcome from Tara (and their toddler), and makes a promise in return. And Opie and Lyla are getting married.

13 episode 4th season

Remember, this episode runs 90 minutes

Extended trailer (In case you didn't see it in the other thread)/Promo

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VRM8LQ66MQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/roGtUu8IMe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 3 Recap (Not that anyone here really needs it )

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/urtsugllc5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let the Fall TV season officially begin.
Old 09-06-11, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Sons of Anarchy -- Season Premiere -- "Out" -- 9/06/11

I fell way behind on Sons of Anarchy last season, but managed to save the last 7 episodes on my DVR (yeah I saved them for almost 9 months) and watched all of them over the last 7 days. They were all in a shitty SD record before I got a new HDTV for my bedroom, so they didn't eat up much space on the DVR.

I didn't think season 3 was as God awful as some of you, but I do agree the Abel-Ireland storyline was dragged out way too long. I read a recent interview that Kurt Sutter wanted to try something different in season 3 and obviously most viewers thought it didn't work. He felt like he didn't want to get caught doing the same thing year after year. Out of everything from the Ireland arc, I did think the Irish remix of the theme song was God awful.

I just finished the season finale to get ready for Tuesday night and I thought that was easily the best episode of the season. Loved the reveal in John Teller's letter to Maureen that Clay and Gemma were probably involved in Teller's death. It was so easy to figure out that Jax and the club planned the whole thing to kill Jimmy and Stahl.

I know the only reason Ally Walker got the job on Sons was because she's married to the President of FX, but for the most part she did a good job playing Stahl. Though her character became more of a parody in season 3. I think the last season where Opie was about ready to blow her brains out was probably her best performance on the show.

I'm looking forward to season 4 and keeping the action in Charming. I like bringing in Danny Trejo, Benito Martinez, Rockmond Dunbar as recurring characters this season. I'm definitely not going to fall behind this season. It's my 1st season watching Sons in HD also.
Old 09-06-11, 08:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Sepinwall's take on season 4
Old 09-06-11, 09:13 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Danny Trejo's presence automatically makes this season >>>>>>> S3.
Old 09-06-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tallguyme
danny trejo's presence automatically makes this season >>>>>>> s3.
+1
Old 09-06-11, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for this tonight! Is Trejo going to a regular on the show??
Old 09-06-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Drav3n
Can't wait for this tonight! Is Trejo going to a regular on the show??
No, just a recurring character. I think he has a 4-5 episode arc.
Old 09-06-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait.
Old 09-06-11, 04:50 PM

Looking forward to this getting back to the internal club issues (the direction of the club and maybe the minor plot point about 2 people in the club killing a member's wife actually being important again... hard to believe that was at the end of season 1). Also looking forward to see what direction the writers take with local law enforcement

That recap actually makes season 3 look good Of course over half of it is from the last episode (which I thought was very good) and they managed to cut out the kidnappings, guns to babies heads, Jax nearly getting it on with his half sister and another season of Stahl going off the rails and the FBI not catching on to it.
Old 09-06-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For old times' sake:

Can't wait!
Old 09-06-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first and last episodes of Season 3 were great. Everything in between ranged from bad to awful to unwatchable.

That said, I have my expectations in check for this season but the fact that they're back in Charming, have moved the storyline ahead (the last thing we needed was a full season spent in jail), and have set in motion believable and interesting conflicts gives me a little hope that this season will be a return to form. Of course, the additions of Rockmond Dunbar (God, I miss Terriers) and Danny Trejo don't hurt this season's chances either.
Old 09-06-11, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Where can I get shades like Opie's old man?

Last season sucked, best thing was the Sun Kil Moon song..... well the finale was awesome if not for the perfect bow around it. And I hope Lem comes out more
Old 09-06-11, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

30 minutes in and so far, so good. It's actually pretty refreshing to see that change has come to Charming and the Sons are no longer in charge.

I'm already liking what we're seeing from Rockmond Dunbar and his way of handling the Sons. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with the fact that Mayor Hale is also a pretty bad guy as well.

Ray McKinnon I'm really liking his character as well. It's nice to see that the Sons have some real adversaries this season; hopefully it actually goes somewhere and causes actual problems for them.

Pretty crazy to start off the season with Otto's suicide as well. It's great that Lem and the new Prospects are still around though.

---

Pretty sad to see Uncer like that. Sort of seems like the Sons turned their back on him after everything he did for them.

Lem (to Happy): "Dude, you reuse condoms."

Last edited by kstublen; 09-06-11 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 09:52 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

I swore I read somewhere that there were webisodes showing things while SAMCRO was in prison... i.e. Jax's shanking... Anyone have a link?
Old 09-06-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
I swore I read somewhere that there were webisodes showing things while SAMCRO was in prison... i.e. Jax's shanking... Anyone have a link?
Apparently there were some "appisodes" made. Judging by what their name, they seem to have only been made available on the Sons of Anarchy Phone App, but I did a quick search and you can find some of 'em on YouTube (embedded below).

Sons Of Anarchy: Appisode 1 - Pay Phone
Spoiler:
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xhWjlqbbGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sons Of Anarchy: Appisode 2 - Second Son
Spoiler:
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HGI56TgJXNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sons Of Anarchy: Apisode 3 - Tara And Piney
Spoiler:
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kO3dy6yINb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's apparently a fourth appisode too, but I can't find a video of it at the moment.

---

Man, I'm surprised Otto didn't die; looked like a lot of blood. I'm glad he's sticking around though, since it's nice to have a Son presence in the prison. Looks like it was just a plan to retaliate against the guy that shanked Jax too, which is a pretty interesting plan.

It's nice to see Opie happy, but what's-her-name was giving off a sort of weird vibe there in the bedroom.

Last edited by kstublen; 09-06-11 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It feels good to say that sons of anarchy is good again.......
Old 09-06-11, 10:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
It's nice to see Opie happy, but what's-her-name was giving off a sort of weird vibe there in the bedroom.
Probably because he was talking about having kids and she had an abortion while he was in Ireland because she didn't want one.
Old 09-06-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, that was a pretty good episode that really sets the stage for a great season. This almost feels like a reboot of sorts, with the show starting fresh again. Along those same lines, it also feels like we've been tossed back into these people's lives having missed big chunks of the story; an interesting approach to storytelling since it gives us the feeling of coming out of prison to changed lives and circumstances, although it seemed a bit disorienting at times.

However, I'm not going to get too optimistic just yet since the first episode of last season was pretty good too; and we all know what happened there.

Originally Posted by MrX
Probably because he was talking about having kids and she had an abortion while he was in Ireland because she didn't want one.
Thanks for pointing that out. I completely forgot that happened. Man, it sure does feel like a long time since last season wrapped up.
Old 09-07-11, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ronnie and Lem both on Sons, all we need now is Vic Mackey and the whole Strike Team is back together.
Old 09-07-11, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Great premiere. Now that was badass.

Can't believe how stupid the Russians were to go into business with SAMCRO again for the weapons. Loved the double cross and murders at the end.

and these were the same guys who got double crossed last season in the exchange for O'Fallon with the counterfeit money.

Really liked Jax and Tara's conversation about their future. I thought that was a very moving scene.

at the guys antagonizing the San Joaquin Sheriffs with their riding. Like the addition of Rockmond Dunbar as the Sheriff.

This was a great case of less is more.

Did Otto really attempt suicide or was that a plan for him to get into the Infirmary? Who was the guy that he shanked in the ear? He said this is for Jax Teller.

Edit: I just read Kstublen's post.....So that was someone who shanked Jax in jail?

I think this really sets the stage for a good season.
Old 09-07-11, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Okay, I just remembered something. That Lawyer in the beginning that Roosevelt talked to said there was an Undercover FBI agent with the Russians. I couldn't make it out clearly, but was he killed in that attack with the weapons? SAMCRO is in deep shit with capital murder on them now.

Now I am really fired up for the rest of this season.
Old 09-07-11, 02:16 AM

^ I think he was the guy they dumped that wasn't covered up (when they dumped the bodies near the Hale development sign)

While I figured out they were going to turn on the Russians pretty early on, that was pretty well executed and sets things up well. I assume the next episode the various law enforcement agencies will get a harsh dose of reality that it's not going to be easy to take things down. They'll obviously know SAMCRO was behind it but it seems like they will have absolutely zero shot at doing anything about it.
Old 09-07-11, 02:55 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

The undercover was the guy who opened the box with the assault rifles and the first one they shot and killed
Old 09-07-11, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

A great episode... until scenes of bad things happening set to What a Wonderful World. I thought everyone had agreed that was played out.
Old 09-07-11, 08:37 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agreed. And that wedding was fucking horrendous. Laugh out loud ridiculous.

Am I the only one who was thinking Clay was a dumbass for being so opposed to that development? Yes, tearing down all the urban sprawl/tearing down all the trees sucks, but he seemed more upset that outsiders...with money (!God forbid!)...were going to be moving in. I guess that means less control for them. But damn, the town I grew up in would kill for some urban sprawl to come their way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.