Old 08-28-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Entourage -- "The Big Bang" -- 8/28/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-24

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ari gets unsettling news from his lawyer about his divorce; Eric is floored by a gift from Melinda Clarke, but unnerved by a revelation from Johnny Galecki; Vince deals with the fallout from his interview; Turtle meets his new business partners. Cowritten by Jerry Ferrara.

Episode 6 of 8

Promo:

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1201969"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #94&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1201969%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2.swf?vid=1201969" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview #94&copyShareURL=http%3A//www.hbo.com/video/video.html/%3Fautoplay%3Dtrue%26vid%3D1201969%26filter%3Dentourage%26view%3Dnull" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object>
Old 08-28-11, 10:51 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Entourage -- "The Big Bang" -- 8/28/11

What a waste... But hey..atleast we found out Mrs. Ari's real name.
Old 08-28-11, 11:35 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy crap -- Mrs. Ari has a first name!
Old 08-28-11, 11:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

If this ends as just a set-up for the movie they have been talking about, I'm going to be pissed.
Old 08-29-11, 12:56 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Melissa. Fuck!
Old 08-29-11, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Great we get to see Eric agonizing over the possibility of Sloan (who I thought was suppose to be in NYC) possibly fucking another actor.
Old 08-29-11, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Just a reminder (as if HBO didn't tell you enough times) next weeks episode (ep 7) is available now on HBO Go.
Old 08-29-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've enjoyed the season, but I felt Dice has been the downfall (especially bringing him in for the final season). Atleast we found out Mrs. Ari's first name!

Also, I hate the people Turtle brought in for Pepe's... so I guess they did their job well.

Already watched episode 7, and now looking forward to the finale. Although they are setting it up for what everybody has already been expecting.
Old 08-29-11, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
I've enjoyed the season, but I felt Dice has been the downfall (especially bringing him in for the final season). Atleast we found out Mrs. Ari's first name!

Also, I hate the people Turtle brought in for Pepe's... so I guess they did their job well.

Already watched episode 7, and now looking forward to the finale. Although they are setting it up for what everybody has already been expecting.
Besides "the movie", what else are we expecting? Vince's acting career isn't even a part of the show anymore, and I have no idea what could happen within two episodes that could conclude the series or set up a movie. I'm looking forward to not feeling obligated to watch this anymore.
Old 08-29-11, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RUSF18
Besides "the movie", what else are we expecting? Vince's acting career isn't even a part of the show anymore, and I have no idea what could happen within two episodes that could conclude the series or set up a movie. I'm looking forward to not feeling obligated to watch this anymore.
Not really a spoiler but may be considered as such --

Spoiler:
That every person involved with Vince will be able to go their own way in terms of having their own careers, lives and money. Vince is basically fine which is why his acting career hasn't been a plot point.

That was my expectation and it seems to be moving that way.
Old 08-29-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Not really a spoiler but may be considered as such --

Spoiler:
That every person involved with Vince will be able to go their own way in terms of having their own careers, lives and money. Vince is basically fine which is why his acting career hasn't been a plot point.

That was my expectation and it seems to be moving that way.
^^ The problem is that it went that way at the end of S6. The last two seasons have been commercials for various products and lame plot points. I want to see these guys partying and living the life every guy wants -- not living the life every guy already has.
Old 08-29-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't disagree. S7 and S8 have been enjoyable to me but it's a completely different show than it was.
Old 08-29-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pretty much okay with the change the show took last season, but man this season has been pretty dreadful. My biggest problem with it is the fact that here we are with two episodes left and this entire season has been aimless and pretty much pointless.
Old 08-30-11, 01:04 AM
Banned

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting. I mean how can they truly end it, they will always live on in Hollywood with movies, money and fame

I am debating about watching next weeks early since its on HBO GO
Old 08-30-11, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yet another episode of agonizing over Sloan and Mrs. Ari. Pull the plug on this sucker already. The Dice arc was lame and depressing. The drug arc was lame. I kind of enjoyed Vince's little thing with the journalist who wouldn't fuck him. That was kind of fun, but that appears to be all done. Next week? More nonsense with Ari's divorce, more E agonizing over Sloan. Ugh.

I was actually really excited at the beginning of this season with Ari and E newly single. I was foreseeing a return to the partying, the dating, the fun celebrity/movie themed plots. When this season's done I'm going to HAVE TO go back and watch a few episodes from seasons 1 through 3 just to leave the taste of better days in my mouth before the show became depressing and dull.
Old 08-30-11, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I hope the producers don't think they're setting us up for a "MUST SEE" movie event. At this rate I'll wait for it on Netflix.
Old 08-30-11, 10:13 AM

Just wanted to chime in, agreeing with most. This season has been a total bust for me. I was hoping for some crazy antics and big laughs to finish this show off, and it just hasn't delivered for me.
It's almost torture to watch these last few episodes, but once I watch something this long I will see it through so I am sticking around till the end.
Old 08-30-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

They've got the second-to-last episode up with On Demand.

Wow, big shocker...

Spoiler:
Sloan's pregnant with Little (Even Littler?) E.

There's no way one episode can tie up all these loose ends in a satisfying way.

Last edited by Fielding Mellish; 08-30-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-30-11, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

This season really is just filler until they get to the movie. BTW, were they making fun of themselves with the conversation at the beginning about how 90210 never got to be made into a movie?

E and Sloan... die already.

I do like that Vince got shot down again... and that he's probably finally realizing that he's basically a shallow whore. What they should've done with Vince this season is to have him re-evaluate his lifestyle. Have his buddies doing their own thing and being successful and not spending a lot of time with him, at the same time he's finding that he's getting shot down by women more and the ones he does bang are out the door ASAP - making it feel like he was the one being used. Basically Vince should be feeling pretty lonely this season. The story may be going that way now - but it really should've started earlier in the season.

Sure, it's not the happy-go-lucky good times the show had in the past - but it's better than the stupid drama they're throwing together the last few seasons - which feels pretty repetative.
Old 08-30-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I do like that Vince got shot down again... and that he's probably finally realizing that he's basically a shallow whore. What they should've done with Vince this season is to have him re-evaluate his lifestyle. Have his buddies doing their own thing and being successful and not spending a lot of time with him, at the same time he's finding that he's getting shot down by women more and the ones he does bang are out the door ASAP - making it feel like he was the one being used. Basically Vince should be feeling pretty lonely this season...
And the last scene is Vince putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Brilliant!
Old 08-30-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

This season really is just filler until they get to the movie. BTW, were they making fun of themselves with the conversation at the beginning about how 90210 never got to be made into a movie?

I do like that Vince got shot down again... and that he's probably finally realizing that he's basically a shallow whore. What they should've done with Vince this season is to have him re-evaluate his lifestyle. Have his buddies doing their own thing and being successful and not spending a lot of time with him, at the same time he's finding that he's getting shot down by women more and the ones he does bang are out the door ASAP - making it feel like he was the one being used. Basically Vince should be feeling pretty lonely this season. The story may be going that way now - but it really should've started earlier in the season.

Sure, it's not the happy-go-lucky good times the show had in the past - but it's better than the stupid drama they're throwing together the last few seasons - which feels pretty repetative.
I could have seen that direction working. As it is, I just feel like there's no forward momentum to the show, especially when it comes to Vince. The other characters might have more momentum, but it's not something I really care about. While the show is obviously about the entire entourage, it has always been and should always be focused around Vince.
Old 08-30-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
And the last scene is Vince putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Brilliant!
Sold !
Old 08-30-11, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by madcougar
I'd take it.

At this point, this show is like an old family member that's about to die. Deep down, you really do love it. But these days, it's just a shadow of its former self. You're seeing it through to the end because you feel a connection, but you know it would really be better off to just go ahead and die so it will no longer have to suffer.
Old 08-30-11, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only place I disagree with you is the part about Vince being on his own. While that might make for some good drama, the beauty of this show has always been the chemistry between the performers, and the past couple of seasons has perversely been about separating all the performers from each other.

They separated Lloyd and Ari. Huge mistake. But now they've separated all the boys. You've got E spending most of his time on the phone with Sloan or bickering with Scott Caan. You've got Drama stuck with Dice (who is a fun personality, but clearly not very present as an actor). I feel really bad for Kevin Dillon having to act with essentially a brick wall wearing sunglasses. You've got Turtle doing product placement for two whole seasons now. I checked out a couple of episodes from season 3 last night, and the difference is night and day. They had whole scenes of just the four guys in the living room talking and it was so much more entertaining and poignant than anything they've done in the past couple seasons. Separating them into melodramatic, "gritty", soap-opera side stories that go nowhere has just wrecked the show.

Even among minor characters. They've totally neutered Billy Walsh. There was good chemistry between Ari and Mrs. Ari. And while I'm okay with them splitting up, they should just cut that cord rather than repetitively having her yell at him every episode. It's not fun or funny. I have a feeling after this episode that hinted that she isn't ready for a new relationship and her reaction to Ari's emotional outburst, that they're going to just get back together. If that's the case, then why waste a whole season on this? It's just depressing. They wrapped up the drug thing, which was again, depressing and went nowhere. Looks also like E and Sloan will probably end up back together, so again, they're taking the show nowhere and doing it in a very unfunny and melodramatic way. Why would they do that to what was formerly a fantastic comedy?

Last edited by lamphorn; 08-30-11 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-31-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone. Also, where are the celebrity cameos? That used to be a lot of fun seeing them party at Jessica Alba's house, hanging out with Dennis Hopper... can't believe it's still the same show.

They should be ending this series by throwing a huge party.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.