Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

House S7 packaging

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House S7 packaging

Just got my early copy of House S7. It's a three-panel digipak with a slipcover, as normal for the past couple seasons, but discs 1&2, and 3&4, are on top of each other. Completely on top. Like, not just overlapping, as with past seasons; directly on top, bargain-basement-Sony-complete-series style. What gives?! A pain; the hubs are pretty tight, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a few people breaking a disc or two. And it'll surely lead to scratches. Barely better than those horrible paper slits the last few Simpsons and Futurama releases have been in. I just don't see why they couldn't stick with the partially overlapping style..
Old 08-25-11, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: House S7 packaging

As in so many things, it's a race to the bottom...
Old 08-26-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've heard the blu ray case is the same. This is something that truly makes me mad. Like last season's packaging where you needed to push and slide the discs out and getting them in was actually more risky for damage over time and they actually decided to return to hubs but couldn't even bother to do the over-lapping style? That's just an insult to ALL customers. I will likely buy this, but now that I've heard the description confirmed, I will wait until the prices reaches the lowest price that season 6's blu ray has reached since its release. It's the only way to even kind of justify the purchase of this. Hopefully it will drop over the holidays, but I won't buy it until it matches the lowest price of season 6 no matter what. I set the tracker at camelcamelcamel. Now I'm even wondering if I want them to release the earlier seasons on blu. Leave it to Universal to make me consider wanting to stay with SD over HD.
Old 08-29-11, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Wezzo
Just got my early copy of House S7. It's a three-panel digipak with a slipcover, as normal for the past couple seasons, but discs 1&2, and 3&4, are on top of each other. Completely on top. Like, not just overlapping, as with past seasons; directly on top, bargain-basement-Sony-complete-series style. What gives?! A pain; the hubs are pretty tight, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a few people breaking a disc or two. And it'll surely lead to scratches. Barely better than those horrible paper slits the last few Simpsons and Futurama releases have been in. I just don't see why they couldn't stick with the partially overlapping style..
Well luckily, unless season 8 is a great improvement over the 7th, my House DVD collection will stop with season 6!
Old 09-05-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What really pisses me off is that both this and the Office come from Universal. The packaging problem started when I read a review of the Office on blu a season or two ago and they had gone to new packaging where you had to push down on the top disc and slide it out. It was a terrible "new" design and House's first season on blu came out with the same crappy design.

I actually thought enough people were complaining that they'd just go back to over-lapping hubs. Now House does make a change and it's for the worse AND I just read a review for the latest release for the Office and it HAS over-lapping hubs.

So, they did make a change for the better for the Office, but went changed the design for House to be worse. This is the kind of crap that REALLY frustrates me. How difficult is it to just to get the packaging right. I don't complain about cover or slipcases. Just give me something to keep my discs safe.

Crap.