Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Family Video used discs

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Family Video used discs

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 09:56 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Family Video used discs

Has anyone ever had any issues with their used discs? Lately, more and more I've been getting ones that skip. I think it may have to do with how they use those disc buffering things to clean the discs.

Nothing bad against FamilyVideo. I love their site, their prices, their customer service. Usually it takes me so long to finally get around to watching the discs, they don't have it in stock anymore to replace. Otherwise, I dont normally have a problem getting a new copy.
Old 08-17-11, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Family Video used discs

I've ordered lots of used discs from them over the years and only received maybe 3 defective discs (mostly Disney/family-oriented movies) total which they replaced at no additional cost. Their customer service is unbelievably great!

Unfortunately, I haven't ordered used discs from them in the past 2 years since they raised the prices from 4.99 to 5.49 on most titles..with the dramatic drop in new discs I don't know why.
Old 03-02-12, 11:14 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Now I'm starting to get DVDs from them with artwork that was printed off the computer. I requested a new copy with original artwork...and I still got a bogus one. Unbelievable. I think my days of using them for my primary source of previously viewed DVDs are done.
Old 03-22-12, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I bought my first three used dvds from family video. I put the first one on and it's jumped twice to different branch. But when I choose the scene I started from and then play on, it runs just fine. I am going to return it for another copy. I'm waiting to see how the other two play.
J