Old 07-27-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Damages -- "I'd Prefer My Old Office" -- 7/27/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-26

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ellen files the High Star case but must scramble to get Chris to testify. Meanwhile, Erickson offers Patty a settlement. And Patty and Vic Huntley search for Michael in Boston.

Episode 3 of 10

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8hDikqyYvgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-29-11, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Damages -- "I'd Prefer My Old Office" -- 7/27/11

That was a pretty good episode. Lots of interesting twists. I know Chris was speaking in code during the testimony being under durress. But, I didn't get what Chris was trying to accomplish sending Ellen to the Vet and speak to his "Friend" and apparently Ellen and the "Friend" didn't get it either. Chris was an idiot for blindly going on this mission without doing some more homework. It was obvious he friend was a dead man.

The ending was nuts with the terrorist and what appears to be a planned attack on Patty's office.

Does anyone really give a shit about Michael? The flashbacks to what happened to him and how he apparently became some big shot drug dealer were weird. I like how they conveniently wrote in that he was the driver that hit Patty in season 3. But, we finally got to see the 1st breast shot on the new R rated Damages.

at Huntley saying he tried to friend Patty on facebook and going off on how fascinating it is.
Old 07-29-11, 03:02 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I like how they conveniently wrote in that he was the driver that hit Patty in season 3.
That was established at the end of Season 3, and not suddenly just written in for S4.

On one hand, I don't care about the search for Michael, but it involved Tom Noonan being Tom Noonan-ish, so I was fine with it. I hope he's sticking around for awhile - I like his character's back and forth with Patty.
Old 07-29-11, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by sb5
That was established at the end of Season 3, and not suddenly just written in for S4.

On one hand, I don't care about the search for Michael, but it involved Tom Noonan being Tom Noonan-ish, so I was fine with it. I hope he's sticking around for awhile - I like his character's back and forth with Patty.
Thanks, my bad. I guess I didn't recall that sequence to well. I just put in the DVD for episode 13 of season 3 and saw that Michael did run away from the scene.
Old 07-29-11, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 598 Likes on 483 Posts

at how scared Michael's friend was of Patty.
Old 07-29-11, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I said last week, I don't really care about the Michael stuff either, but I have a feeling he's going to tie in with the terrorists or North Star stuff somehow by the end of the season.

Really enjoying the season so far.
Old 07-30-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 810 Likes on 565 Posts

The show usually has some casualties that are close to home, so I'm going to guess that Michael will wind up dying at the hands of the terrorist.

The show jumped 3 years, does that make it 2013 in the Damages universe now?
Old 07-30-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Coral
The show usually has some casualties that are close to home, so I'm going to guess that Michael will wind up dying at the hands of the terrorist.

The show jumped 3 years, does that make it 2013 in the Damages universe now?
I think so, but they never actually specified what year it was each season. If it's around 2013, it's been at least 6 years since David's murder.