Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jurassic World (2015, Trevorrow) S: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jurassic World (2015, Trevorrow) S: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jurassic Park IV...

According to DARK HORIZONS,
Whilst talking with The New Zealand Listener magazine last week, Sam Neill was asked if he would return as Alan Grant four a fourth time? "Yes, another Jurassic Park is in the developmental stages at the moment. I think I can say that without being arrested, or eaten by one of those scary dinosaurs (laughs). As for my involvement, it's a possibility. I certainly had a ripper of a time doing the previous two, so I have no objection in that respect. Steven (Spielberg) has spoken with me briefly about the new story they are working on, which is remarkably inventive and intriguing, by the way....Steven has indicated I may have some part in the film, but I'll leave it at that. From what I know, it's pretty early goings. As always, I'll wait for the finished script, and just see how my schedule shapes up".
Old 10-13-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eh, It couldn't be worse then all those jaws sequels.
Old 10-13-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
eh, It couldn't be worse then all those jaws sequels.
or anymore worse than JP3
Old 10-13-02, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can there be an end please....
Old 10-13-02, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DVD Smurf

doubtful
Old 10-13-02, 11:50 PM
Banned

I actually liked #3. Thought it was a nice ride, and very metaphoric on films like Gorgon and Dinosuars.

Bring it on.
Old 10-14-02, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Though these are not as good as the first (well the first wasn't all that great either) they did push the CGI effects a great deal and at the very least they are movies you can watch with your brain in the back seat.
Old 10-14-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jurassic Park 3-D

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the amusement park.....
Old 10-14-02, 01:28 PM

Great God, why?!?!?!
Old 10-14-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
at the very least they are movies you can watch with your brain in the back seat.
Why do people always list this as a good point? When I'm watching a movie and my intelligence is being insulted or I'm watching something that was obviously thrown together with little regard to decent writing, I can't help but feel a bit cheated. Of course, the solution is simply to avoid movies that you can pretty much guess will be like this, but it still makes me disgusted that so much crap is being released.
Old 10-14-02, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I would think Spielberg would have something better to do.
Old 10-14-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DVD Smurf
Originally posted by AbsolutLokknez
Great God, why?!?!?!
As long as the movies continue to bring in the money, they will continue to be made.
Old 10-14-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think #3 should have had more info on what happened after the events of the 1st movie.

I would have been happier finding out how the events from JP affected the lives of the charaters in the movie.

But my idea doesnt have any rampaging dino's in San Diego...so it must be a bad idea.
Old 10-14-02, 04:40 PM

There's only one to end this. The dinosaurs must win by driving humans to extinction.
Old 10-14-02, 06:23 PM

After the disaster that was "The Lost World: Jurassic Park", you'd think there wouldn't be anymore sequels. Then "Jurassic Park III" came along and gave us more dinos eating people action, though it wasn't nearly as godawful as #2. If nothing else, JP3 didn't have Spielberg directing it so it didn't suck. It's amazing, starting with #2, Spielberg's directing career was all downhill until the recent "Minority Report". But enough about #2 and #3. What's the point of a #4? Will it have a plot? Or will it be just "Dinos eating people 4"?
Old 10-14-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stoped watching these after the first one,im glad I did your looking at the next Jaws,cash cows here we come,everyone keep your wallets in your pockets and keep a eye out.
Old 10-15-02, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didnt mind "Lost World" as a movie...its just compared to the book it REALLY sucked ass.

I was making mental notes of what had been changed where and then i saw the San Diego bit.

I thought "Where the hell did this come from?"

I'm done with people being eaten by Dino's JP3 killed the fun for me.

I'll always keep that idea about another JP movie in mind, sounds 300x more interesting that "Hey look a ____osaurus just ate ____!"
Old 10-15-02, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tor_greg
Why do people always list this as a good point? When I'm watching a movie and my intelligence is being insulted or I'm watching something that was obviously thrown together with little regard to decent writing, I can't help but feel a bit cheated. Of course, the solution is simply to avoid movies that you can pretty much guess will be like this, but it still makes me disgusted that so much crap is being released.
*cough*Batman & Robin*cough*
Old 10-15-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by tor_greg
You do it all the time for television shows. I mean can you honestly tell me that everything you watch on the brainless box is mind food? No. half of it is just entertainment. Sure entertianment should have some substance, But I can atleast admit that I can enjoy the mind numbing junk that is on the screen some times.

It's called guilty pleasures.

It makes you disgusted that this crap is released? Since when did you become a quality control worker in the film industry?

I say get off the high horse and enjoy some good ol' fashion entertainment every now and then and you will be more down to earth and enjoy the Brain food when it comes along.
Old 11-08-02, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts
From the Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hol...ent_id=1757176

Uni boning up for 'Jurassic 4'

Nov. 07, 2002

Universal Pictures is going forward on a fourth installment of its "Jurassic Park" franchise and is making a deal with scribe William Monahan to write the script. The story is being kept under wraps, but Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy are back on board producing. The first installment of the franchise grossed $356.7 million domestically, with the sequel grossing $229.1 million. "Jurassic Park III," released in 2001, grossed $181.2 million domestically. Spielberg directed the first two installments, with Joe Johnston taking the reins on the third. As of yet, no director is on board the fourth film, which is being overseen by production president Mary Parent and production vp Tim O'Hair. Monahan, repped by Broder Webb Chervin Silberman, previously wrote 20th Century Fox's historical drama "Tripoli" for director Ridley Scott, with Russell Crowe attached to star. He is also working with Scott on an untitled 11th century Crusades drama. (Zorianna Kit)
Old 11-08-02, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 11-08-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I want to direct Jurassic Park 4... hey Kathleen and Stevie... give me a call!.... Please???

MATT
Old 11-08-02, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did enjoy 3 also. The second was just plain horrible.

Sam Neill was in the second one?
Old 11-08-02, 01:30 PM

My local newspaper reported this morning that Ridley Scott was going to helm the 4th Jurassic Park. I dunno how accurate they are, though...
Old 11-08-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally posted by Geoff H
My local newspaper reported this morning that Ridley Scott was going to helm the 4th Jurassic Park. I dunno how accurate they are, though...
Amazing how local newspapers constantly screw up stories like this. Last month they were calling Tears of the Sun, the new Bruce Willis action flick, the fourth Die Hard film, when it's not. Now they confuse the last line in the article that states the writer hired for Jurassic Park 4 also wrote Tripoli, which is Ridley Scott's next project.

As for the idea of doing a fourth film, I'm with Jackskeleton. Sure, I prefer brain candy, but sometimes I need and am satisfied with eye and ear candy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.