Old 07-18-11, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Closer -- "Repeat Offender" -- 7/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-18

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Brenda and her squad snoop into the slaying of a young female house sitter. And just as the LAPD undergoes game-changing organizational shifts, Capt. Raydor (Mary McDonnell) advances in her audit of Brenda's department.

Episode 2 of 21

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WDUwexRoZaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-19-11, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Closer -- "Repeat Offender" -- 7/18/11

Good episode and I like how they are continuing some storylines while doing the usual case of the week.

That sucks that Chief Delk is dead. The promos pretty much gave it away though. But, I guess it makes sense since there would have been no point to keeping JK Simmons on the show.

at that stupid teacher during his confession to this wife. Did he really not think the Police weren't monitoring their conversation? That whole thing turned out to be a red herring.

I liked how creative Brenda got to circumvent her team getting interviewed by Captain Raydor. For a character that is supposed to technically take over the franchise once The Closer officially ends, she is not likeable at all. She's turning out to be a major nag. There is 19 more episodes left so I'm sure the writers will do something to make the transition work.
Old 07-19-11, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Did anyone notice that the confession the teenager signed and handed to Brenda was blank? I had to rewind that scene a couple of times and even though the pad was shot at an angle, there was nothing written on it.
Old 07-19-11, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
For a character that is supposed to technically take over the franchise once The Closer officially ends, she is not likeable at all. She's turning out to be a major nag. There is 19 more episodes left so I'm sure the writers will do something to make the transition work.
Raydor became a likeable character mid-way through last season in my eyes when she was pushing Brenda to go for Chief. She's fine as long as your not under her microscope being investigated. Personal relationships must be compartmentalized and put on hold when her professionalism is needed. I think this episode demonstrated that quite well when she slightly griped to Pope about having to continue her investigation without revealing that HE was pulling the strings forcing her to do it. She'll do it as ordered but resented having to hide why she is doing it - under order not by choice.
Old 07-20-11, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Did anyone notice that the confession the teenager signed and handed to Brenda was blank? I had to rewind that scene a couple of times and even though the pad was shot at an angle, there was nothing written on it.
I thought this pad was given to him to write down the names and phone numbers of his partners in crime.
Old 07-20-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spammied
I thought this pad was given to him to write down the names and phone numbers of his partners in crime.
Yeah, but the pad was still blank.