Old 07-10-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Falling Skies -- "Silent Kill" -- 7/10/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-06-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Hal orchestrates a shadowy and perilous plan to slip into an alien lair to rescue Ben and other ensnared kids.

Episode 5 of 10

FYI, in case you didn't see the news last week. Renewed for a 10 episode 2nd season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eason-2-208866
Old 07-10-11, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Falling Skies -- "Silent Kill" -- 7/10/11

Thanks for the info. I know this show isn't loved so much on this site. I do look forward to it each week and my wife and I are enjoying it. It's not one of those can't miss run out and the set afterwards but it certainly keeps us entertained and the time flies when we watch it.

Pretty big spoiler from TNT with the pic unless it was already mentioned somewhere that they are sucessful.
Old 07-10-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatlander
Pretty big spoiler from TNT with the pic unless it was already mentioned somewhere that they are sucessful.
Isn't that the kid member of the team, not Ben?
Old 07-10-11, 04:05 PM

I just want more Sarah Carter, esp with her gun in a sexy outfit. Lol

I'm sure, no matter what, there will be the obligatory posts coming up from those that don't like the show. I had to laugh last week at the post in the thread by the guy who finally watched the first episode and then stopped watching, but came into the fourth episode thread saying he's glad the show still sucks. It's almost time to make two threads for this show ... One for people who like it, or at least don't mind it ..... And, another for those who dislike it, but for whatever reason still keep watching and posting about how bad or ridiculous it is. They must be masochists. After a while, you'd think they'd give up and stop watching, stop clicking on the weekly threads, and stop posting.

For whatever reason, these science fiction shows attract 'em and they're like the energizer bunny ... they just keep going on and on and on, week after week ..... The Event, V, etc .... same general type of posts. They were still posting in the "V" threads at the end of the second season. You'd think they'd give up on a show after a while, if they dislike it so much or think it's ridiculous.

Last edited by northmoor; 07-10-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-10-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well they are threads about shows, mostly posts in forms of reviews so if we think there's something wrong in the show, why should we not post it?

Personally, I will watch any sci-fi that's remotely interesting to me but that doesn't mean I can't criticize when it's awful and praise what they get right.
Old 07-10-11, 05:56 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yay.
Old 07-10-11, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats
Isn't that the kid member of the team, not Ben?
Could be. I thought he was younger and you never really see what Ben looks like other than that zombie look. Guess we find out.
Old 07-10-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by northmoor
I just want more Sarah Carter, esp with her gun in a sexy outfit. Lol

I'm sure, no matter what, there will be the obligatory posts coming up from those that don't like the show. I had to laugh last week at the post in the thread by the guy who finally watched the first episode and then stopped watching, but came into the fourth episode thread saying he's glad the show still sucks. It's almost time to make two threads for this show ... One for people who like it, or at least don't mind it ..... And, another for those who dislike it, but for whatever reason still keep watching and posting about how bad or ridiculous it is. They must be masochists. After a while, you'd think they'd give up and stop watching, stop clicking on the weekly threads, and stop posting.

For whatever reason, these science fiction shows attract 'em and they're like the energizer bunny ... they just keep going on and on and on, week after week ..... The Event, V, etc .... same general type of posts. They were still posting in the "V" threads at the end of the second season. You'd think they'd give up on a show after a while, if they dislike it so much or think it's ridiculous.
I have no problems with people actually watching the episode and then posting criticisms. That's the whole point of these threads. However, people who randomly come into a thread and say they don't watch the show and it looks stupid or criticize material they haven't even seen, then that becomes annoying. I have no way to prove it, but believe it or not there are many people who read/click threads in this forum for shows they don't even watch. Or watch, but don't say a damn thing aka lurkers.
Old 07-10-11, 06:59 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Djariya, you better make an Alphas thread!
Old 07-10-11, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Djariya, you better make an Alphas thread!
90 minute Pilot tomorrow. Yeah baby...Also got the cast photos ready too!

I'm really looking forward to that one. Just hope it doesn't get too many "It looks too much like Heroes" comments.
Old 07-10-11, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was easily the best episode yet IMO.

Pretty badass scene from Moon Bloodgood tonight.

Also Sarah Carter is hot.
Old 07-11-11, 12:04 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

I finally figured where I had seen Sarah Carter before... Shark (w/ James Woods). She was great in that show too!

I really liked tonight's ep. Especially with the "silent kill" method that they figured out.

I for one won't miss
Spoiler:
Steven Weber... I didn't like him anyway.

Glad to hear that they are making a 2nd Season.

Woot!
Old 07-11-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Enjoy this show quite a bit, at first the ED-209 Robocop type aliens were really a distraction on how cheap they look but I have learned to look past that as the story so far is pretty solid. Still waiting for someone to figure out how to wrap a cable around their legs, trip them and destroy them.
Old 07-11-11, 06:58 PM

Agreed, ... Moon Bloodgood has the most bad ass move of the show so far.

Still strange to me that they have seemingly just given up on trying find Karen? She wasn't killed when that mech executed kids a couple eps back, was she? Real strange that the "soldiers" just give up and don't go after one of their own. I guess the rest should now know they won't come after you, unless you're a relative?
Old 07-11-11, 07:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northmoor
Agreed, ... Moon Bloodgood has the most bad ass move of the show so far.

Still strange to me that they have seemingly just given up on trying find Karen? She wasn't killed when that mech executed kids a couple eps back, was she? Real strange that the "soldiers" just give up and don't go after one of their own. I guess the rest should now know they won't come after you, unless you're a relative?
I watched the first four eps back-to-back yesterday and wondered too why they so suddenly gave up on looking for Karen. That, and that the leaders seemingly only look out for each other makes them all look like major douches.

Really enjoying the show otherwise. Totally digging Bloodgood and Carter, and not nearly as annoyed by Wyles' character as I thought I'd be. Enough surprises (the doctor's death, Bloodgood's killing of the alien) to keep me wanting more.

Glad I gave this one a chance.
Old 07-11-11, 09:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The baby shower crap is exactly what pisses me off about the show; I get it, they're trying to maintain normalcy, but it dragged on for far too long and it was between even more sentimentality. There should have been some serious dramatics/issues relating to the aliens in-between those bits.

I extremely enjoyed the idea of the aliens not being totally ruthless as that scene with the kids sleeping and the alien coddling and cooing them. That's great stuff.
Old 07-12-11, 09:39 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Pretty good episode this week. Not surprised of the one character's demise (I expected it last week actually).
Old 07-12-11, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Pretty weird to have Steven Weber as a character for a few episodes then kill him off.
Old 07-12-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I was kind of surprised about his death since he was probably the 2nd biggest name on the show.

For the genre, I think this show is decent. It's certainly better than V or The Event. Definitely better than Jericho. The biggest problem I have is how TNT seems to have commercials every 5 minutes. I DVR it, but it's still damn annoying.
Old 07-12-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was glad to see Weber go, he's the proverbial wet blanket when he shows up on pretty much anything.
Old 07-12-11, 10:33 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Wasn't Weber billed as a guest star anyways? That's what I thought at least and wasn't surprised to see him go.
Old 07-12-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Wasn't Weber billed as a guest star anyways? That's what I thought at least and wasn't surprised to see him go.
I don't pay attention to credits. Plus many shows seem to call regulars "guest stars."
Old 07-12-11, 12:30 PM

Another yawner. I get that they want this to be a character drama, but it feels like they want it to be a character drama. Everything is so forced and artificial. The baby shower nonsense. The general with the record, the tough-as-nails blonde chick, etc. Little of it really feels organic to me. It's all too much "Look at us, we're a character drama, not just an alien invasion show!"
Old 07-13-11, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

I think the show is improving... but it has a way to go. Along with the cliche characters, can they PLEASE do away with the happy endings where everyone has a meaningful chat, comes to some realization about how fortunate they are and shares a bonding moment? Enough already... let's have some cliffhangers and drama.
Old 07-13-11, 07:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am still watching, I don't know why, but I like the show, and I know its not very good... but something about it...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.