Old 07-07-11, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Target Ad July 10 - 16

Target Ad July 10 - 16

The Lincoln Lawyer $16/$20 BR+DVD

Insidious $17/$20 BR

Entourage S7 $25/$30 BR

Arthur (remake) $18/$23 BR+DVD+DC

Rango $17 ($12 after coupon)/$23 BR+DVD+DC ($18 after coupon)

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie $16 BR+DVD

Save $8 when you buy Rango and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Blu-ray Combo on same receipt.

Note that both Target and BestBuy have stopped advertising some of their media sales because Amazon was price-matching them as soon as they were announced. Please post any in-store or on-line sales that you may discover during your visits to these retailers. All above prices were discovered on the interweb.

Last edited by agitprop; 07-09-11 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added ad scan
Old 07-08-11, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Target Ad July 10 - 16

I'll pass this week, here.

A thought on that "Rango" DVD case; it's orange. Why not have it made of the stuff you used to get in cereal boxes - those plastic toys that changes color with temperature. That would've been cool.
Old 07-08-11, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rango = Years Best Family Fun

That's quite possibbly the funniest thing I have heard all year. I cannot imagine ANY child sitting thru that entire movie.......................snooze fest.
Old 07-08-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks OP!

Will probably wait on Entourage to drop in price, since it always does (and pretty quick at that)
Old 07-08-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Rango = Years Best Family Fun

That's quite possibbly the funniest thing I have heard all year. I cannot imagine ANY child sitting thru that entire movie.......................snooze fest.
i like that it says that, when i remember the anti tobacco people were asshurt over the movie showing characters smoking cigars.
Old 07-08-11, 07:28 PM

Why do they release certain things on a Friday for?
Old 07-09-11, 06:33 PM
Suspended

^ I always thought it was so they would only have a sale for it, for two days. But Im a negative person, so I could be wrong.
Old 07-10-11, 06:41 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Not much in their ad (don't know why they bother these days, they're so paranoid about Amazon), I'll have to check out the store for unadvertised specials. -kd5-
Old 07-10-11, 01:54 PM

I don't think the lack of advertised sales has a lot to do with Amazon. Advertising is way to get people into the store and with DVD's declining numbers they just aren't great loss leaders any more, they won't get people in the store. They have people like us trained to come and look with out wasting ad space.
Old 07-10-11, 04:04 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

If you'd read through the Best Buy/Target threads lately, there's been a lot of controversy in the last couple of weeks over Amazon's price matching. Best Buy has even gone the route of (what one person calls) stealth sales where supposedly they aren't even doing some shelf stickers in the stores for fear of Amazon matching their price and getting the sale. I think it's all a bunch of rot for them to even worry about it, but still..... -kd5-
Old 07-10-11, 04:22 PM
Suspended

And how does not putting up the sale tag help Best Buy? Yeah, it sounds like something they would do, but wouldnt that hurt them even more in the long run? If its been sitting there at regualr price, its still going to sit there with the regualr price tag on it and a hidden sale attached to it.

I dont even look at movie names anymore at stores. I know what kind of films these stores carry. They dont carry odd ball things anymore. I go down the lanes and read the sale tags. Takes me about 2 minutes to see if I want to buy anything from Target or Best Buy.
Old 07-10-11, 07:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Best Buy has even gone the route of (what one person calls) stealth sales where supposedly they aren't even doing some shelf stickers in the stores for fear of Amazon matching their price and getting the sale. I
Maybe OT cos I refer to CD's here, but... The week the Ozzy Osbourne remasters came out I grabbed them both at BB - thinking I was biting the bullet and paying full price for them. No sale listed in the circular - and no sale tags on the shelf. ...Yet at checkout I found they were both on sale.

Originally Posted by banthafett
And how does not putting up the sale tag help Best Buy?
It may not have helped BB, but it was a pleasant surprise at the register for me.
Old 07-10-11, 09:29 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by banthafett
And how does not putting up the sale tag help Best Buy? Yeah, it sounds like something they would do, but wouldnt that hurt them even more in the long run? If its been sitting there at regualr price, its still going to sit there with the regualr price tag on it and a hidden sale attached to it.
I know this is the Target thread and I really don't want to hijack it, but I'm the same way. When I go to Best Buy, I go there to see what they have on sale. If there aren't shelf tags showing DVDs on sale, I'll walk out empty-handed because there's no way in hell I'll pay Best Buy's regular retail price for any DVD. If I don't know it's on sale, it doesn't get bought by me so it's lose/lose for them. I hope Target doesn't start doing the same thing. -kd5-
Old 07-10-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If I don't know it's on sale, it doesn't get bought by me so it's lose/lose for them.
*nods*

I need product info (price), not a roulette spin.

Correction, not 'need' - demand...