Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Possible to sell personally thinpacked DVDs online?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-11, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all!

Is there any online site where you can sell DVDs that have been altered to fit into thinpack cases? I have had a huge anime DVD collection, no room for it, and thus thinpacked them all. Thinpacking required me to trim the DVD covers. I kept all original inserts and the thinpack cases are either clear or colored.

Now, I really regret it because I MUST get rid of them all. No longer interested in watching them and moving into a much roomier place. Plus getting rid of them prevents me from wanting to buy any more haha.

So, is there ANY site? I must sell these off quickly. I called some sellback places in the neighborhood and they said they are not interested in them. If there's no place, then in the trash they must go...which seems like the biggest ripoff ever, but if it must be so be it.

**Please do not reply with suggestion for eBay, Amazon or Craigslist. Tried them with no success a year back with people ripping me off in fraud Paypal claims with junk mail returns for SNAD. Because apparently even you say 'personally altered covers and thinpacked' in auction title and description, buyers expect to get reg DVD and it's perfectly legal to send me back old comic books. Just wtf? No time to deal with it~

Thanks and best wishes!
Old 05-20-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Possible to sell personally thinpacked DVDs online?

Pawn shops and even though you don't want to hear it, Craigslist. You put up an image of what you're selling on Craigslist so they can see what they're getting into. You're selling them in person, so there isn't the paypal issue.
Old 05-20-11, 05:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I donated a lot of the stuff that I thinpacked to the Vets and Lupus and got a receipt which I wrote off as a donation on my taxes. You don't get the cash right then, but it saves you a lot of hassle with buyers.
Old 05-22-11, 10:38 AM

You can still sell them individually on amazon or ebay even without the cover art and or cases.

Also, you can post what you have and get credits in return on (google s-wapadvd.com) or maybe even other dvd trading sites
Old 05-22-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I would recommend Amazon. They give you a one-line description. I've been selling thousands of DVD's from Hollywood Video on there. Haven't had any complaints about them being "former rentals". I state it right in the description.
Old 05-25-11, 10:10 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Also half.com which is cheaper than amazon
Old 06-02-11, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like the other member, I donate mine to charity. Here's a couple more suggestions:

1) This one may not work in your case (since you have just one genre to offer), but I'll recommend selling them in your work place with all the money going to charity. I do this a couple times a year. I thin out my collection and bring in another 50 or more dvd's (usually have 200 plus for sale at one time-what I don't sell gets moved to the next sale) and put them on sale for $4 each..box sets are more. I usually do this injunction with our food drive for our local food pantry. But, I done this in conjunction with other events, like recently a drive for Red Cross to benefit the Joplin Tornado victims. I had another manager agree to match the money raised, along with the cash from the dvd and blu ray sales, the outright cash donations and matching funds...we gave $1,684. You get rid of your dvd's, you get a tax deduction (unassuming you do the long form) and some kudos at work for being a good coporate citizen.

2) There are severl organizations that accept dvd's that will be shipped to our service men and woman to watch during their downtime.

Just a couple of ideas
Old 06-02-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

That's why you gotta fold the edges of the covers when putting them into thinpacks instead of trimming them.
Old 06-02-11, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's one of the donate to military personnel options:

http://www.dvds4vets.org/donate_dvd.htm