Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Go Hastings

Old 05-13-11, 08:52 PM
CCS
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Hastings

I just got a massive shippment of like 20 used dvds from Go Hastings but they came all smashed up with cases broken and loose disks. Does anyone have any clue what Go Hastings would do about this? I don't really want to return them because it would be a big pain.
Old 05-13-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
Re: Go Hastings

Originally Posted by CCS
I just got a massive shippment of like 20 used dvds from Go Hastings but they came all smashed up with cases broken and loose disks. Does anyone have any clue what Go Hastings would do about this? I don't really want to return them because it would be a big pain.
Contact them and explained what happened. I strongly doubt you'll have to return them. Surely they will re-send them or offer you your money back.
Old 05-13-11, 10:03 PM
CCS
Cool New Member

I'm usually not one to complain, but it was just really bad this time. I got so many of them because I got them for less than $2 a piece. Half of the disks were loose in the boxes so that scratched them to pieces, a lot of the clip thingies that holds the disks in were completely broken, and on the two disker i got the hinges that holds the second disk was broke. They must have just sent me every piece of crappy inventory they had.
Old 05-13-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm curious now - did they send the entire shipment of 20 DVDs all together from one location. It used to be common to see Hastings ship these out from 20 different places in 20 different envelopes. If they sent them all together, was the packaging (box?, large envelope?) beat up indicating perhaps that the post office might have been semi-responsible.

Regardless, I'd just call Hastings and let them know what happened. I think we're all in the same boat in dealing with them. They have some fantastic deals at times on their used items, but it can be a roll of the dice when it comes to quality (and the correct items at times) being received.
Old 05-13-11, 10:23 PM
CCS
Cool New Member

They send all but one of them from the same location. The ones from the same location arrived in one large envelope and they're the ones that were tore to pieces. The also sent the wrong editions for a few of the movies so I'll definitely be contacting them
Old 05-14-11, 05:31 PM

I had the same thing happen recently. I ordered a pair of used Blu-Rays, which arrived with cracked cases. I contacted them, they emailed me a return label, I sent the discs back, and they refunded my order. I wanted to do a straight exchange for unbroken items, but they said they couldn't do exchanges because the items weren't in stock at their return warehouse. Don't know if that applies for all titles, but I suppose your options are either to return for the refund or buy some replacement cases.