Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Express.com Referral - Please Help

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Express.com Referral - Please Help

Old 08-07-00, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,
I hope some of you experts out there will be able to help a thicko like me!! Can someone please explain how the referral scheme works with Express. Do I have to join first? (Please excuse my stupidity!!) If someone would like to refer me I'd really appreciate it, once you've explained it to me!!
Another thing I'd like to ask is, how does it work ordering box sets from Express or Amazon? Is the shipping calculated per disc in the box set and what happens with customs in the UK? Has anyone in the UK ordered any box sets from the US? My reason for asking is; I was going to order the "Nightmare on Elm Street" collection from DVD Street for £60, but there are only 7 discs, whereas the US has 8 discs. Express and Amazon have it for $90 + shipping. I dont mind paying a bit extra for the American set, but dont want to be hammered by customs!! Can anyone please advise? I'm new to buying DVD's and this forum. Once again, excuse my ignorance and any help would be gratefully received. :-)
Old 08-07-00, 02:25 PM

Don't know about the referal program. But if you order the box set from Amazon.com and only amazon, you won't pay customs charges.

Old 08-07-00, 04:16 PM

The express referral scheme works by you joining and making your first purchase first, then giving your details (username, real (both first and last) name and e-mail address) to the person who is referring you, who then sends them to express.com. They validate the order, and send out the GC's within a matter of days - $10 for both parties involved. All this has to be done within a week of the initial order I think, although it may be two...
If you haven't found anyone yet, e-mail me @ [email protected] and I'd be happy to oblige.

As for the Box sets, I think it goes on the total value of the order, not the number of DVD’s enclosed…

Hope this Helps...

------------------
Welshlad
There's no need for you to tell me you think I'm right - We'll just assume that!

[This message has been edited by Welshlad (edited August 07, 2000).]
Old 08-08-00, 01:28 AM

Thanks Essexboy and Welshlad!! I'm swithering now after Essexboy saying to use Amazon as customs will be fine. Is there a problem with getting box sets from Express with Customs? Welshlad can I put that email on hold at the moment, I've just placed an order with Django's, dont want to break the bank!!! Would it be alright to still email you in a week or two?

Thanks again
Old 08-08-00, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WAIT!!!!!!!

In the latest Image update, it says the NOES box is getting a price reduction from $130 US to $90 in the next couple weeks, so hold off for a while, and you'll save enough dough to get another disc or two!!

Old 08-08-00, 06:36 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by MOJAC:
Thanks Essexboy and Welshlad!! I'm swithering now after Essexboy saying to use Amazon as customs will be fine. Is there a problem with getting box sets from Express with Customs? Welshlad can I put that email on hold at the moment, I've just placed an order with Django's, dont want to break the bank!!! Would it be alright to still email you in a week or two?

Thanks again
<HR>

Of course it will MOJAC - you've made a wise choice shopping @ djangos - I received nine dvd's from them only yesterday, all in perfect condition, brand new & shrink wrapped, costing less than £6-£7 each!
Like Peat said though, I'd hang on regardless and get it $40 cheaper!

------------------
Welshlad
There's no need for you to tell me you think I'm right - We'll just assume that!
Old 08-08-00, 10:35 AM

Thanks Peat!!!!!!! Welshlad, you're a star!! I was a bit worried about Djangos, I've just released a huge sigh of relief!!! Cheers! You 3 guys are a great advert for this forum, is everyone as nice and friendly as you three?!! :-) At the risk of repeating myself, THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 08-08-00, 11:17 AM

That's OK. You probably wouldn't have got such a good reaction in the other forums!

Old 08-10-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just as a side MOJAC, when I'm ordering big box sets of dvd's, I order from places such as Video-now and dvdboxoffice as they charge no shipping costs.

You'll find their prices are a little higher to make up for this but overall you usually end up saving a bundle.

I've saved heaps over the years doing this.

Regards...

------------------
John 3:16
Old 08-10-00, 10:35 AM

Thanks Fhrx!!! I'll check them out!
Cheers :-)