Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Ezio is back, and he's pissed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Ezio is back, and he's pissed

Maybe not pissed, but he's back again.

I didn't realize that they decided to spawn an Ezio trilogy in addition to the standard "three numbered titles". But really, the first two Ezio games were great - so this is a good thing.

In Assassin’s Creed Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altaïr, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, the acclaimed online multiplayer experience returns, refined and expanded, with more modes, more maps and more characters that allow players to test their assassin skills against others from around the world. The latest chapter in the Assassin’s Creed saga also includes revolutionary gameplay, allowing players to manipulate the construct of Desmond’s memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future.

“Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin’s Creed franchise for us and for our fans,” said Alexandre Amancio, Creative Director at Ubisoft Montreal. “Assassin’s Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can’t wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year.”
Old 05-05-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Assassain's Creed Revelations - Ezio is back, and he's pissed

I loved how they stuck with one primary location for Brotherhood, so having this one take place solely (?) in Constantinople sounds great.
Old 05-05-11, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's one HUGE fucking downside to Constantinople though. I fear that for the duration of the game I'll be humming
Old 05-05-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finish the MAIN trilogy already damn it! (It's suppose to be a trilogy, right?)

Still buying first day of release.
Old 05-05-11, 12:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'll be buying this day one, but I was hoping for a new protagonist and time period this time around. I hope they bring back the brotherhood concept, but maybe this time make the other assassins a little less powerful. By the time you have a full set of recruits, it's basically an "I win" button for any encounter.
Old 05-05-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Count me in. Ezio rocks.
Old 05-05-11, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I'll be buying this day one, but I was hoping for a new protagonist and time period this time around. I hope they bring back the brotherhood concept, but maybe this time make the other assassins a little less powerful. By the time you have a full set of recruits, it's basically an "I win" button for any encounter.
It's more of an "I don't feel like dealing with this encounter" button, since there wasn't a single encounter in the game that was particularly difficult, even without calling in any of your brothers.
Old 05-05-11, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally I hate any kind of change so being able to play in an environment and with characters I already know and love is great in my book! And i absolutely adored the Multiplayer in Brotherhood and I miss it so much since the PSN died (I’m having AC:B MP withdrawl! :P) so I really hope they still have MP in the new game and it’s a little less glitchy than ACB.

So to me it’s great news! Sure it would be nice to have something totally new but the 2 Ezio games were amazing so i have all the confidence in the world that Ubi will pull this off nicely.
Old 05-05-11, 04:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll buy this, but seriously, give us a proper Assassin's Creed 3 at this point.
Old 05-06-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I want to pick up a game from this series and did not know if there was one to skip or just pick them all up. I was going to get AC1 since it is dirt cheap, but will skip if it does not hold up to the other 2.
Old 05-06-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Skip the 1st one and get 2 and Brotherhood. If they went back and revamped the first one and kept it from being so damn monotonous I would play it again and actually finish it.
Old 05-06-11, 10:22 AM

I think you can get away with jumping right into AC2, but you may want to read the storyline from AC1 since there is a progression between the two.

I really liked AC1, but make no mistake: it has it's flaws, most of which were rectified in the later games.
Old 05-06-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
I was going to get AC1 since it is dirt cheap, but will skip if it does not hold up to the other 2.
Both the first and second entries are relatively inexpensive at this point, and they're all worth playing. With that in mind, yeah, the first Assassin's Creed can be a bit of a repetitive slog with the missions and combat, yet it still offers much more (design, history, little bit of strategy) than many other third-person action games. Since you can get it for $7-9 pretty much anywhere, it's worth the entry price.
Old 05-06-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I tried playing the first game, but I couldn't get into it. I had to keep trying missions over and over again and I honestly don't think I got that far into it. Really - should it be so hard to pickpocket somebody? In all fairness I didn't much like Mass Effect, but I had a blast going through the second one. Maybe AC2 would be the same?
Old 05-06-11, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ezio is pissed because the thread has "Assassin's" spelled wrong. I better start playing these games since I have 1 & 2 in my unplayed pile.
Old 05-06-11, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Pay one purchase for me.
Old 05-06-11, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Pay one purchase for me.
I don't think so, bub. Pay for it yourself!
Old 05-06-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think you can get away with jumping right into AC2, but you may want to read the storyline from AC1 since there is a progression between the two.

I really liked AC1, but make no mistake: it has it's flaws, most of which were rectified in the later games.
This man speaks the truth. For all intents, AC1 was the beta, AC2 was the finished product.
Old 05-06-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
This man speaks the truth. For all intents, AC1 was the beta, AC2 was the finished product.
I might have to follow your recommendations. Just skip AC1 then.
Old 05-06-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Assassassassain's Creed Revelations - Ezio is back, and he's pissed (assassaainas

I enjoyed the first game a lot more than the second or Brotherhood.

At the very least, I'd give it a chance before skipping it entirely.
Old 05-06-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Assassassassain's Creed Revelations - Ezio is back, and he's pissed (assassaainas

AC1 isn't a bad game, but it's frustratingly repetitive. I think that AC2 and AC:B are much, much better.
Old 05-06-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Fuck it. Play 'em all. Yes AC1 gets repetitive as hell, and the "pickpocket" missions are buggy and capricious, but it's a great story.

AC2 is the most satisfying of all 3, but only because AC:B is a continuation with additional gameplay elements that would have been superior if some of the final Ezio stages hadn't been COMPLETELY rushed out to meet a release date.

This is also a Pay One [*schnorkle*] purchase for me, but I would have liked a proper AC3 as well. But I'm also very peppy, like Peppy Schroeder.
Old 05-06-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
There's one HUGE fucking downside to Constantinople though. I fear that for the duration of the game I'll be humming
Funny enough, I wouldn't mindd them using the original or this cover as the opening titles track:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZfR33-m_tQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 05-06-11, 04:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If this isn't used as the opening sequence I'm boycotting the game:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ulsloBRDFzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-06-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

^ I loved that show and that MTV episode so much!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.