Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DDDHouse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDDHouse Issue

Over the last couple weeks, I've tried to place an order with DDDHouse. Every thing goes fine until I enter my payment info on the third-party payment service's site. I get a message that the service is unavailable and that I should try again later. I've used different cards, different browsers, and different computers with no luck. I've sent an email to DDDHouse over a week ago but haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone else successfully placed an order with DDDHouse within the last month? Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?
Old 05-03-11, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DDDHouse Issue

I had the same issue and had to manually allow the page in my adblocker/popup blocker settings.
Old 05-03-11, 09:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

well I thought I had placed an order for Iron Monkey (bluray) but I've never received it, maybe that's why? hmmmm
Old 05-03-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nitin77
I had the same issue and had to manually allow the page in my adblocker/popup blocker settings.
I'm pretty sure one of the browsers I used didn't have an adblocker, but this makes sense and I'll give it a try.

Giles, check your order history on the DDDHouse page. Any order that didn't go through shows up as "Order Cancelled".
Old 05-03-11, 02:22 PM

^ nope, in my order history, the disc was ordered and sent out, okay... now I'm officially pissed off - it's lost in transit (or should I go to my post office and raise holy hell)
Old 05-03-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tried with pop-up blocker disabled, tried with the site(s) added to the pop-up blocker exception list, installed latest version of Java.... and no luck. I would just give up and try another vendor, but a couple of discs I want to give as gifts are only available through DDD.
Old 05-04-11, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Giles
^ nope, in my order history, the disc was ordered and sent out, okay... now I'm officially pissed off - it's lost in transit (or should I go to my post office and raise holy hell)
tell dddhouse. i've had things take an age at times, and they normally give a hint they'll replace it if it doesn't turn up within a certain amount of time.
Old 05-04-11, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Preterite
I've sent an email to DDDHouse over a week ago but haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone else successfully placed an order with DDDHouse within the last month? Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?
Ive had the same problem too. However, I contacted them and recieved an invoice and was able to pay through paypal. You might wanna shoot them another email becuz theyve been on easter holiday for the last week or so.

Originally Posted by Giles
Just be patient becuz my Iron Monkey blu took a month to arrive. But it arrived.
Old 05-06-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the tip about Paypal. I eventually had to go that route.

The payment gateway tech support had me reinstall browsers and Java and such until I finally got a result from their site - that they were not able to process any of my cards. Even the corporate card that I have successfully used in Europe and India. I can't believe how hard eNets makes it for me to give them my money.

I've been buying from DDDHouse for years. I have always been happy with their prices and service, However, unless they change things, this will most likely be my last order with them. It's too much hassle.
Old 05-23-11, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Lee
Ive had the same problem too. However, I contacted them and recieved an invoice and was able to pay through paypal. You might wanna shoot them another email becuz theyve been on easter holiday for the last week or so.

Just be patient becuz my Iron Monkey blu took a month to arrive. But it arrived.
well, I waited, waited and waited and it finally arrived today - the order date they sent it out February 2nd...