Old 04-04-11, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Being Human -- "You're the One that I Haunt" -- 4/04/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nora schedules an ultrasound after having some concerns about her pregnancy; Aidan meets an old flame; Sally's door appears.

Episode 12 of 13

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZ80fv6YdxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-04-11, 02:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Being Human -- "You're the One that I Haunt" -- 4/04/11

I had a backlog of the last 7 episodes that I plowed through in the last week and this show has really impressed me.
Old 04-04-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good episode, I liked how Sally defeated Danny. I like how SyFy handled that storyline and I think it was better handled than in the UK version with Annie and Owen.
Old 04-05-11, 01:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

They did a great job making Sally look creepy as hell in the beginning, and I like how they lightened the mood with The Grudge and Ring jokes.
Old 04-05-11, 08:55 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

great episode... the Sally makeup was amazing...

did I miss something, did they ever (or in the UK version) address why the vampires can walk around in daylight?

and at the end, when ______ attacked ______ he was smoking and sizzling... was it because of the daylight or because he wasn't invited into that home?
Old 04-05-11, 09:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Never directly addressed in the UK version either on why they can do that.

But that's why he was smoking and sizzling, he wasn't invited in the house.
Old 04-05-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
did I miss something, did they ever (or in the UK version) address why the vampires can walk around in daylight?
Evolution. It was briefly addressed early on in the season.
Old 04-06-11, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Wow that was a great episode. It alsmost felt like a season finale with the cliffhanger ending.

I was also backlogged 7 episodes coming into Monday night. I plowed through all 7 including this episode in the last 2 days and I'm glad I did. The show has gotten really good as the season has winded down. I've really enjoyed the character development with Aidan and Josh along with Sally.

If any of you here are still watching and majorly backlogged (which I know is so easy to happen), I encourage you to start watching. It gets really really good.

Was kind of disappointed that they killed off Rebecca in the previous episode.

Even though he's lapsed back to being a pussy several times, I think Josh has evolved alot. Like what they have done with him and Nora.

I was a little surprised that they resolved the Danny/Sally storyline so soon. Loved the Grudge makeup on Sally at the beginning of the episode.

So how was Bishop able to stake Aidan in the chest without him dying?
Old 04-06-11, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

I agree--really great episode.

It did feel like a season finale. I was wondering how they're going to keep Sally around, but that attack on Aidan looks like it will keep her from walking through that door in the immediate future. Maybe the door will go away and she'll be stuck again?

Both actresses who played Aidan's old flame were really hot--especially the older one. Looks like we'll see more of her next week.
Old 04-06-11, 07:25 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
So how was Bishop able to stake Aidan in the chest without him dying?
to me, it looked like the stake was too low to hit the heart...
Old 04-07-11, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to echo everyone else about how impressed I am with the evolution of this show. What we're seeing in the US version is exactly what I was hoping to get out of the original UK version.

I've had all 8 eps of the latest UK season sitting on my computer just waiting to be watched since the finale aired a few weeks ago. Problem is, I'm not sure I want to continue with it. I'd hate for it to really mar how I feel about the US series.

It's so easy to say the original is always better than the remake (so sick of this meme), but in this case, I really feel like the US version is far better than its UK predecessor.

My only concern for the US version? The baby.
Old 04-08-11, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aJOHNymous
Just wanted to echo everyone else about how impressed I am with the evolution of this show. What we're seeing in the US version is exactly what I was hoping to get out of the original UK version.

I've had all 8 eps of the latest UK season sitting on my computer just waiting to be watched since the finale aired a few weeks ago. Problem is, I'm not sure I want to continue with it. I'd hate for it to really mar how I feel about the US series.

It's so easy to say the original is always better than the remake (so sick of this meme), but in this case, I really feel like the US version is far better than its UK predecessor.

My only concern for the US version? The baby.
In the past four episodes, I have found myself liking the US version more than the UK verision. The US version has better production quality and I like that US shows have more episodes to develop storylines more. The UK version of Rebecca wasn't a well developed character. On the US version, I felt Rebecca was much better character because there was more backstory on her and I really felt sad she asked Aidan to kill her. I also like Josh much more than the UK version George.
Old 04-08-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great ep. I'm surprised Danny gave up so easily. I'm guessing Bishop was smoking cause he hadn't been invited into the house. I've love the Aidan/Bishop flashbacks from the last 2 weeks. I'm also guessing Aidan survives with the help of the Dutchman he saved, I can' imagine how else he would.
Old 01-02-12, 04:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

S1 is now available on instant netflix (as is series 1-3 of the UK version).

This was one of my favorite shows of the last year and I can't wait for its return.
Old 01-02-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts

Yeah, Syfy was playing a marathon of these the other day, so I rewatched the last few episodes. They were really well done. They did a great job of following the troubles of the three leads, and showing how all three of them care about and support each other. I'm looking forward to season 2.