Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Cat Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cat Run

All I knew was that Paz Vega was in this movie, and so was Janet McTeer. So off I went to see it.

This was a mild surprise in tone and tomfoolery at times. 2 bumbling childhood friends, Anythony and Julian, somehow get the idea to start up a detective agency, and their first case involves Cat (Paz Vega) who is on the run from people who want to kill her because of something she has in her possession. So the bad guy hires some assassins to put the hit on Cat, and in the mix is Janet McTeer's character, who is full of surprises, and reminiscent of Helen Mirren's character in "Red" at times. It's rated R, and the tone harkened back to full use of the R rating with a full plate of violence, profanity, and sexuality. It's not a great film, but it's a film that appears to have a good time throughout its running time, and those films are harder and harder to come across. Plus, having the film bounce around Europe, it made it even more of a zany case for the "detectives".

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Last edited by Patman; 04-02-11 at 03:21 PM.