Old 03-29-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Traffic Light -- "Kiss Me, Kate" -- 3/29/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Callie's free-spirited and sex-obsessed sister, Kate (guest star Kathryn Hahn), wears out her welcome at Adam and Callie's place, so the couple sets her up with a part-time job at Adam's office. When Ethan saves Lisa's life at a swimming pool, Mike shows his gratitude by giving him his beloved college t-shirt. But when Ethan flaunts the garment, Mike stages a table-tennis challenge to settle the score for rightful ownership. Meanwhile, Kate and Adam's obnoxious boss, Kev (guest star Rob Huebel), start hooking up, making the work environment even more uncomfortable for Adam.

Episode 8 of 13
Old 03-29-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Traffic Light -- "Kiss Me, Kate" -- 3/29/11

Adam: "Why are the crazy ones always so crazy?"
Old 03-29-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hated the pilot with a passion, as I've mentioned multiple times. Now this is my second favorite comedy on tv right now, next to Raising Hope. It's genius, the actors were well casted and have chemistry, and it's just... Genius. I truly love it. Such a shame it's destined for the trash bin of mid-season Fox replacements. Another incredible episode tonight.
Old 03-30-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coladar
I hated the pilot with a passion, as I've mentioned multiple times. Now this is my second favorite comedy on tv right now, next to Raising Hope. It's genius, the actors were well casted and have chemistry, and it's just... Genius. I truly love it. Such a shame it's destined for the trash bin of mid-season Fox replacements. Another incredible episode tonight.
See, I just find it "meh". Were it not on right after Raising Hope, I'd have passed it on by. And I wouldn't say it was perfectly cast. The guy who plays Ethan is not good looking enough to be the "player" he is supposed to be. In fact he may be the least handsome of the guys. The show is fun enough, but I'm not going to miss it. A little bit of a shame on FOX for airing new episodes without giving it a continuous feed from new Raising Hope episodes. What's up with that?
Old 03-30-11, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like some of the actors, but I think the writing isn't very clever. I thought Perfect Couples is a much better show overall. I think this got the axe already, along with Couples.
Old 03-30-11, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boc4ever
I like some of the actors, but I think the writing isn't very clever. I thought Perfect Couples is a much better show overall. I think this got the axe already, along with Couples.
Perfect Couples is getting pulled on April 14th, and rightfully so. That show is a disaster. I feel like they're screaming jokes at me the entire 22 minutes.

Traffic Light is the better show. I haven't seen anything about it being canceled yet, but I won't be surprised when it is.
Old 03-30-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at the baby almost peeing on Mike. "Whoa, dude! That's what pools are for."

I also loved Adam chasing Callie's sister through the office and Mike refusing Ethan's help when he was choking.

That shirt must not have been custom-made, because it fit Ethan perfectly and it wouldn't have made it halfway down Mike's stomach.
Old 03-30-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Callie taking one final picture at the very end cracked me up to cap off another fun episode.

And I watched the chase through the office twice. It was the almost-running that got me. I do enjoy this show.