Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

dvd slip covers replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd slip covers replaced?

i just got stargate triple pack and they used to have a slipcover but this has the front part of it stuck on with glue instead. i noticed that some other dvds are doing the same thing now. only problem i have with them is the glue messes up the plastic on the case so it kinda ruins it. the glue they use don't keep it on long after you open it too so can't just leave it on. it is a little too big to fit in the front of the case too so you either put it in front of the insert or cut it to fit. anything to cuts cost i guess.
Old 03-10-11, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: dvd slip covers replaced?

Some companies are easier to get replacement covers from than others. Other than 3 covers that I wanted, I've gotten replacements for every cover from Disney that I wanted. Fox, on the other hand, is a bit "flip floppy" on the issue. One the good hand, they sent me a lenticular slipcover for Night At The Musuem. But they wouldn't send me a cover for Edward Scissorhands.
Old 03-11-11, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Some companies are easier to get replacement covers from than others. Other than 3 covers that I wanted, I've gotten replacements for every cover from Disney that I wanted. Fox, on the other hand, is a bit "flip floppy" on the issue. One the good hand, they sent me a lenticular slipcover for Night At The Musuem. But they wouldn't send me a cover for Edward Scissorhands.
not sure if you are misunderstanding me so linking pictures. i can't find the one i seen before that went around the whole case but get the idea still

the stuck on front when you buy it. this is part of the old slipcover that went around the case

photobucket.com/albums/q306/james42519/tech/dvd%20case/0311110035.jpg

when you take it off this is underneath. the real front insert.

photobucket.com/albums/q306/james42519/tech/dvd%20case/0311110036.jpg

this is the one that was with the slipcover slid under the plastic part way

photobucket.com/albums/q306/james42519/tech/dvd%20case/0311110037.jpg

this is under the plastic in front of the insert showing the line that was left by the glue.

photobucket.com/albums/q306/james42519/tech/dvd%20case/0311110039.jpg

only way to fix this is get another case. i noticed they did this with Alien 1-3 Triple Pack along with some others.

i still can't post links it seems
Old 03-11-11, 03:52 AM
Banned

I didn't see anything wrong with your dvd case. Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say.
Old 03-11-11, 01:01 PM

I didn't see anything wrong with your dvd case. Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to say.
look at the last one. that link in the middle is the plastic on the case messed up. i took the glue stuff off. it is like it got too hot or something

and i guess that they just thought sticking a piece of cardboard paper with a picture on it to the case with glue instead of having a slipcover that wraps around the case was a good idea is what i don't like. this looks like they could have just cut it off the slipcover to me.
Old 03-30-11, 07:54 PM

slipcover or cover artwork.
Old 05-26-11, 05:13 PM

How did you go about contacting Disney?
Old 05-26-11, 05:46 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Backlog
How did you go about contacting Disney?
http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/Contact_Us.html
Old 05-26-11, 10:11 PM
Banned

I've never had to get an actual cover replaced. I was talking about slipcovers.
Old 05-27-11, 02:08 PM

I don't believe I've ever seen a half-slipcover like you're describing, but think I know what you mean. As in so many other industries, it's a race to the bottom.