Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon's Pony Express Shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I made the big mistake of paying for shipping. Ordered a dvd for my dad for his birthday and it shipped Monday from Kentucky(they should have shipped on Friday since it was a new release) and he live's in Tennessee and as of Thursday still no delivery. Wow-it takes 4 days(that's if it arrives on Friday) for a package to go one state. Amazon -your shipping sucks. If I would have chosen free shipping-it probably would have been received already. Beware of paying for shipping thru Amazon-its a big waste of money.
Old 02-17-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon's Pony Express Shipping

You chose ground, it can take 7 days. There are faster options
Old 02-17-11, 07:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I pay for shipping indirectly (Prime) and don't regret a single dime. When you take the free shipping option they'll frequently sit on the package for a few days before it even leaves the warehouse.
Old 02-18-11, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Groucho
I pay for shipping indirectly (Prime) and don't regret a single dime. When you take the free shipping option they'll frequently sit on the package for a few days before it even leaves the warehouse.
and sometimes it looks like 2 or more people sat on the package for a few days.
Old 02-18-11, 02:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How is it Amazon's fault and not that of the courier? Unless you paid for 2 or 3 days shipping, there are no guarantees as to when you get something.
Old 02-18-11, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
How is it Amazon's fault and not that of the courier? Unless you paid for 2 or 3 days shipping, there are no guarantees as to when you get something.
Agreed 100%.
Old 02-18-11, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually, there is a tracking number attached to your shipment, even if it is free shipping (not Prime). When I ordered "The Bank Job" last month, it had free shipping (again, not Prime). I ordered it on January 21st. Amazon shipped it on the 21st (same day), and I had it on the 26th.

So, check the tracking to see where the item is, and don't blame Amazon for the amount of time it takes to be delivered, unless they did not ship it out for 4 or 5 business days.
Old 02-19-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a recent free-shipping order with a book, DVD, and CD. The CD and DVD arrived in 3 days, but the book was sent by "Federal Express Smartpost", which is neither federal, express, nor smart.

So far, it's taken 3 days to go from Phoenix to LA, and is now (presumably) making its way to me on the East Coast. If it arrives on the projected date, it will be 14 days after placing the order. Piss-poor.
Old 02-19-11, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

FED Ex smart post sounds like UPS Mail Innovations. Basically it's UPS until they drop it into a mailbox to let the USPS deal with it.
Old 02-19-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
Amazon should practice what they preach. With Amazon Marketplace-orders are suppose to ship within 2 business days. Does Amazon do that--no. I pre-ordered and paid for shipping but they didn't ship until a day before release. Most places ship on Friday on new releases. They should see how DVD Empire operates. You order something from them--they ship it(unless its the weekend)-no games played. One time you order from Amazon -it ships right away-next time they hold it for a week. When you pay for shipping with Amazon-the order should arrive before it would arrive if it was thru free shipping.