Old 02-16-11, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Justified -- "The Life Inside" -- 2/16/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By null at 2011-02-08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Raylan and Tim transport a pregnant federal prisoner to a doctor's appointment, but things don't go as planned. Meanwhile, Loretta McCready learns that she'll be staying with the Bennetts. And Boyd Crowder takes a job in a coal mine. "My outlaw ways are behind me," he tells Raylan.

Episode 2 of 13

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hydfBtyVAo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-16-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Justified -- "The Life Inside" -- 2/16/11

I'm stoked.

I hope they show it again a few times like they did the last one. It was nice revisiting the episode and appreciating the excellent writing and performances even more with repeat viewings.

Terrific stuff for TV.
Old 02-16-11, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
I'm stoked.

I hope they show it again a few times like they did the last one. It was nice revisiting the episode and appreciating the excellent writing and performances even more with repeat viewings.

Terrific stuff for TV.
Exactly how I feel. I rewatch each episode at least once during the week. Amazing stuff.
Old 02-16-11, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

What is with FX dragging their feet getting old episodes online?
Old 02-16-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I don't know if FX lets Hulu stream Justified, but with most of its shows FX doesn't let Hulu stream them until 8 days after they initially air. Of course, that makes absolutely no sense because by the time that episode is available you've already missed another. It would make much more sense to make them available a few days after or even a week after, when you could still catch up in time for the new episode.

Of course, there are other places you can watch TV shows online, not that I would advocate that sort of thing.
Old 02-16-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
They probably want you go to out and buy the dvd/blu that came out recently.

edit: Oh guess you mean from the current season.
Old 02-16-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm stoked.

Terrific stuff for TV.
Great to see this show attracting new fans.
Old 02-16-11, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why didn't the EMT just sneak up behind the guy and slit his throat? Or stab him in the neck at the very least?
Old 02-16-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Remember how I liked the name Jess for a boy? I'm over that."
Old 02-16-11, 09:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

"This is how it's gonna wor*bang*
Old 02-16-11, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love when Tim just puts people down mid-sentence. He did it last season too, but wasn't even in the room, lol. It's great though because usually before Raylan kills people (or has them killed) he gives them an out, but they're too foolish to listen.

Really liked tonight's episode, but that's to be expected. Did a good job of telling a stand-alone story, but mixing it with continuing stories; that's one of the things this show does best.

Interesting to see Boyd showing up at Eva's. Have to admit, I didn't see Winona getting pregnant coming at all. Loved the joke about him being over the name. Although, I wonder if there's a chance it could be Gary's kid. I like too that Gary knows Winona's cheating on him; I suspect it will make for a more interesting back-and-forth.

Next week looks to be amazing, can't wait for the return of a certain character.

---

I can't believe the actor playing Tim is the same guy from EuroTrip. I see it now, but would have never guessed had I not seen his list of credits.

Last edited by kstublen; 02-16-11 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought the episode started slow, but it picked up quickly.

The way the Winona/pregnancy thing showed up really amped up an already hot story arc.

Tim's a badass!
Old 02-16-11, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Why didn't the EMT just sneak up behind the guy and slit his throat? Or stab him in the neck at the very least?
Because maybe he's not a murderer?
Old 02-16-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well he certainly didn't have a problem attempting to stab and slice the guy repeatedly; I don't know for sure, but it sorta looked like he might have been going for the throat or wrists during the scuffle. It seemed clear he had made up his mind as to what he was going to do (help the lady escape) and had to know the other guy wasn't going to let her go without a fight. I mean, that guy was willing to kill the lady just to get the baby.
Old 02-16-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Well he certainly didn't have a problem attempting to stab and slice the guy repeatedly; I don't know for sure, but it sorta looked like he might have been going for the throat or wrists during the scuffle. It seemed clear he had made up his mind as to what he was going to do (help the lady escape) and had to know the other guy wasn't going to let her go without a fight. I mean, that guy was willing to kill the lady just to get the baby.
I guess I saw him fighting the guy but it never entered my mind that the guy was attempting to kill him.

Regardless....Raylan and Tim are awesome.
Old 02-17-11, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Solid episode as usual.

Okay, I don't know if I was paying close attention, but when did Winona tell Raylan she was pregnant? I don't remember her saying anything in the opening segment of the episode. I saw the last scene where he was touching her belly, but didn't think it had something to do with a pregnancy. Anyways, just seeing Natalie Zea lying on the bed fully clothed sleeping was hot.

Nice little cameo by Chris Mulkey to just get dirt thrown on his face.

It's going to be interesting to see how this storyline with the Bennett's plays out now with Loretta staying with them and Mags lying to her face about her father's whereabouts.

Loved Tim shooting the guy in the head mid-sentence, that was badass.
Old 02-17-11, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I was thinking maybe a pregnancy or loss of one led to the ending of their first relationship.
Old 02-17-11, 07:04 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Mags is a horrible liar.
Old 02-17-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Mags is a horrible liar.
I was thinking the same thing. Count me as another that liked the mid-sentence head shot. Boyd showing up a Ava's was weird. Are they together? I kinda got the feeling Winona had a miscarriage in that last scene.

This show delivers the goods every week.
Old 02-17-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Margo keeps up these excellent performances she may get an Emmy nod, I hope so. She's simply fantastic.

Loved the writing getting it right in the details. Little things like knowing 'the apricot', and even the placement of the head shot effect being pretty damn correct for that type of shot on a downward angle. Nice to see a TV show getting things right for the sake of it. Does Elmore Leonard proud I'm sure.

Now, for you longer term fans, was season one like this? Little bits of the main plot intermixed with kind of left turns off into random assignments like the pregnant girl? It was well done, but there was kind of a 'well that was an odd little excursion' feel to it. I loved the 'coal train' monologue before getting with it like that.
Old 02-17-11, 12:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Season One was very much like this. The show is a blend of episodic/serialized storylines, and isn't afraid to give depth to one-shot characters. It's not uncommon for the "mark" to get as much screentime as the marshalls.
Old 02-17-11, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now, for you longer term fans, was season one like this? Little bits of the main plot intermixed with kind of left turns off into random assignments like the pregnant girl? It was well done, but there was kind of a 'well that was an odd little excursion' feel to it. I loved the 'coal train' monologue before getting with it like that.
My take on season 1 was the main plot not really developing too much till about 1/3 or 1/2 way through the season. The first handful of episodes seemed much more stand alone than the rest of the season. Once they did turn the focus up on the underlying plot threads there was usually still one off cases they dealt with on the surface. Although the writing/acting is so awesome I didn't seem to mind the 'criminal of the week' feel to some of it.
Old 02-17-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The best episode for me last season was one of the standalone ones, Blowback, with the hostage situation.

But yeah, the show does a great job of mixing in standalone and serialized. I think it makes sense for them to do it like that, given the nature of a US Marshall's job.
Old 02-17-11, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Ugh to the pregnancy - if there is one.

Winona is the only character I don't like, and I don't really want more of her or her interfering with Raylan
Old 02-17-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If Margo keeps up these excellent performances she may get an Emmy nod, I hope so. She's simply fantastic.
That was some great casting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.