Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Question about Wonder Boys DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question about Wonder Boys DVD

Okay -- So my sister just got Wonder Boys on DVD today and started to watch it. We were both shocked to see a note at the beginning stating that the film had been edited for content. Upon doing a quick Google search I found an old DVDTalk thread in which it was explained that someone was mentioned as having committed suicide in the film during it's theatrical run. According to IMDB this was a mistake made by the film-makers. To avoid litigation with the family Paramount removed this scene. I saw someone else online mention that some language had been altered too, but I don't see any definite proof of that. I'm certainly not going to go through a thorough comparison.

My copy does not have the edited warning at the beginning though. That's what I am most curious about. Do I have a rare "collectors item" copy of this film? Or is this simply a matter of Paramount fixing future pressings?
Old 02-11-11, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Question about Wonder Boys DVD

Watch it and see if it has the excised dialogue.