Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help adjusting LFE on Kenwood VR-407

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help adjusting LFE on Kenwood VR-407

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-00, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Kenwood VR-407, and am having trouble adjusting the deep bass. I am not using a subwoofer, as I cannot afford one at the moment (I have one hooked up to my Sony in the main "theater." This is upstairs to suppliment my PS2).
I have two large Cerwin-Vega speakers for my mains, and they go down to 30 Hz. Anyway, when I was calibrating (using Avia), and I went to adjust the LFE level, I found that it was about 10 dB lower than the normal frequency. But, I cannot figure out how to adjust the bass output on the receiver. I can adjust it when in anolog mode, but when I switch over to digital, I can't adjust it, and it seems to go back down. HELP!
Old 09-17-00, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cycle through the Reciever's Test Tones until you get to the Subwoofer's tone... Then use the Multi-Control wheel to adjust it. It should work when you use digital devices, while in DD/DTS, press "sound" until it says Subw. and adjust from there. Im not 100% sure it will work if you dont have a sub, give it a try.

------------------
A NEW DIMENSION to MP3... Bring life to your stereo system, your computer speakers, your home theater system, any size, any amount of speakers, these high-bitrate MP3s will bring life to your system:

MP3FX - CLICK HERE

Check it out... No matter how good or bad your speakers are, this will give sounds you never thought yout $8 computer speaks could put out!
Old 09-17-00, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, I have the sub turned off, beings as I don't have one.

So, no, there is no sub adjustment.

In the analog, there is an equalizer, where you can adjust the level of bass (among other things), but this goes away when I switch do digital.
Old 09-17-00, 05:25 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you tell the reciever that there is no sub? I believe that option is under setup. I'm not at home right now so I can't say for sure.

I am also looking for some low frequency related help as well. If you could please check out my thread HERE

------------------
DVD-ROM & PC Hardware Moderator
> DVD-ROM FAQ < - > [email protected] <
> MyList < - > MyWebSite < - > AIM: northrupjason <
Old 09-17-00, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I told the receiver I had no sub. But I don't think it was listening, cuz it doesn't want to cooperate.