Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

The Dish network and DD!

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

The Dish network and DD!

Old 09-14-00, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed several post over the last year or so inquiring about the ability to receive DD broadcasts on the Dish satelite. I was surfing the other day and as I passed by channel 350 (StarzE) I noticed that my receiver automatically switched itself to DD! I emailed them and sure enough, besides the pay-per-view DD broadcasts, they now show quite a few movies on Starz channel 350 in true DD. They don't show up in the description as DD, but they are. They say the rest are coming soon. Just a datapoint.
Old 09-14-00, 03:01 PM
klh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Dishplayer and that box actually comes with an optical output for dolby digital. They used to charge a dollar extra for dd movies as I recall. Quite honestly, I'd rather just purchase the DVD and sell it on half.com than deal with PPV.

If you want to go hardcore with Dish, they offer an HDTV converter and HDTV HBO and Showtime on the 61.5 bird. I'm actually considering that when the prices on the converter and the TVs come down.