Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

PayPal for us outside the US?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

PayPal for us outside the US?

Old 05-28-00, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else fustrated about the fact that you can shop at *any* store using your cc, but that all the "email-money" companies like paypal DOESN'T accept intn'l customers????

Anyone found a good way of transfering money over the net exept buying GC's at online stores ?
Old 05-29-00, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Flooz accepts international credit cards, but Webcertificate and Paypal don't. The only way to refill a Webcert, or to add money to it, is via Freeride points.
Old 05-29-00, 01:40 AM

Flooz isn't an alternative - I want a way to get someone in the US CASH - either as a US check or as a + on their creditcard

I just surfed by http://www.ecount.com who claims they are "for everyone" on their frontpage... Typical american arrogance to claim that, and in the small print say "Ecount currently available to U.S. residents only"... AAAAARGH!
Old 05-29-00, 01:46 PM

I have used www.Bidpay.com - costs a bit but it's a quick way to get a MO to a person in the US.
Old 05-29-00, 02:56 PM

www.iescrow.com is cheaper than Bidpay, and works internationally. It has the additional advantage of guaranteeing your purchase, but sellers may refuse to accept it, as they don't receive payment until you've reported that your purchase has arrived intact.

Iescrow charges $2.50 for purchases up to $100. If your purchase is $100 - $25,000, you'll be charged 4% for cash or 2% for credit. There are a wide range of payment options.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-29-00, 03:32 PM
bsc

<small>
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Flintstone: Anyone found a good way of transfering money over the net exept buying GC's at online stores ?<HR>
</small>Call me over-trusting, but when I made an eBay purchase I sent the guy cash dollars and had no problem.

If I was selling I'd be tempted to ask for payment in Amazon or B&N gift certificates. I use both stores, so credits are fine with me. I think both can be verified and banked online, so once that was accomplished, any goods could be despatched.

------------------
bsc
The facts expressed here belong to everybody; the opinions to me: the distinction is yours to draw....but remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Old 05-29-00, 08:11 PM

bsc:

That's ok for like small amounts ($50 or so) but for more than that it's not good (or legal for that matter)...

But thanks for the tips guys - I'll check out www.iescrow.com and www.bidpay.com the next time I need to xfer money!

...but just now I got a mail from onvia.com that my CC had been declined - if they have a problem with my CC beeing intn'l I'm gonna go MAD! (atleast since I'm considering purchasing a digital camera from them in the near future)