Old 02-02-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Human Target -- "The Trouble with Harry" -- 2/02/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chance has a reunion with inept private investigator Harry (Tony Hale) when the girlfriend of the owner of a rival security firm needs protection. Meanwhile, Ilsa undergoes a baptism of fire on her first mission; and a case draws two team members closer.

Episode 12 of 13

to Tony Hale coming back again.
Old 02-02-11, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Human Target -- "The Trouble with Harry" -- 2/02/11

Also, tonight's episode airs at 9pm ET/PT. American Idol is now the lead-in for the next 2 weeks.
Old 02-02-11, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Other than Ames' annoying chatter, I thought this episode was very well done (fun), even Ilsa. Because while it was incredibly transparent, it was still executed nicely. (Those last 2 words are ones I wish I could type about the Ilsa Pucci character.)

But the last few minutes, with Harry telling Chance about his feelings for Ilsa and then the office scene at the very end just absolutely ruined it for me. (Aside from the fact that we know that's what everything has been building towards since day one of season two, as awesome as Chance was/is/can be, this just was like getting socked in the bread basket.)

As good as I thought Monday night's episode was, that's where I thought this was building to, but it just fell in a huge sinkhole.
Old 02-03-11, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not see how this show can be so good as in Monday night....then be so bad two nights later. Anytime Ilsa has a major part in an episode, it is total crap. Season one was great...season two has been hit or miss with more misses then hits. I do not see this coming back for a 3rd season.
Old 02-03-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thought this ep was a mixed bag, but enjoyable. I liked the scene where Chance and Ames broke into the computer room.
Old 02-03-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I thought this episode was all right. I liked the method of storytelling.

I did not like the ending kiss. Didn't seem to have enough backstory to it.
Old 02-04-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Thought this ep was a mixed bag, but enjoyable. I liked the scene where Chance and Ames broke into the computer room.

The ending kiss was deplorable. They have zero chemistry together.
Old 02-04-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoyed almost everything, except the last kiss. Actually I just FF'd the last scene.
Old 02-04-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I didn't care for this at all. All the lovey dovey BS with CHance and Ilsa was horribly telegraphed (even if you hadn't watched a single episode of this season) and dreadfully boring. Ames was dumber than usual. Why would she seriously ask what would happen if the security laser were tripped? Was that meant as a sarcastic question by the writer and then changed into lame/unneeded exposition at the last minute?

There was some good here but it was the polar opposite of the last episode (which was mostly good with a few scattered bad moments).

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-05-11 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-05-11, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

For what it's worth, Janet Montgomery (Ames) said on Twitter that there is no word on a season three yet. Of course I'm thinking cancellation, but who knows.
Old 02-05-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish they did the Captain America movie 10 years ago, Mark Valley is precisely the type to play Steve Rogers (though Valley is only 5'10", an inch shorter than Chris Evans).
Old 02-05-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
I wish they did the Captain America movie 10 years ago, Mark Valley is precisely the type to play Steve Rogers (though Valley is only 5'10", an inch shorter than Chris Evans).
For years, I've felt the same way.

I was so happy when he got this show. It's a shame how much they've ruined it in only one season.
Old 02-06-11, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk God

I'll echo what some of you have already said. For the most part, I would say 70% of this episode was solid. Some really good action sequences.

Ames annoying chatter about trying to get Chance laid.

to Harry getting Chance to realize his feelings for Ilsa and the final kiss. Mark Valley and Indira Varma have absolutely no chemistry at all.

I'm still mad as hell about the whole Amy Acker debacle that never got resolved. Valley and Amy Acker or even Emmanuelle Vaugier (who they didn't even bother to bring back) had much more believable chemistry.
Old 02-08-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
For what it's worth, Janet Montgomery (Ames) said on Twitter that there is no word on a season three yet. Of course I'm thinking cancellation, but who knows.
At this point I'm hoping for cancellation b/c I don't think they will fix the problems with the show that they created this year. I know I could just quit watching, but there are still parts of the show that I kinda sorta still like. If they want to cut costs I know some fat they could trim from the cast.

As for this episode...horrifying ending aside...the reason I don't think the Tony Hale character works at all is the whole lasting friendship with Chance that we've never seen or heard about in other episodes. Even in his first episode this year Chance didn't really have anything to do with his storyline (he goes to Chance to bail him out again...again???).
Old 02-08-11, 08:07 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
For years, I've felt the same way.

I was so happy when he got this show. It's a shame how much they've ruined it in only one season.
Maybe they can resurrect him in Fringe.
Old 02-25-11, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
Other than Ames' annoying chatter, I thought this episode was very well done (fun), even Ilsa. Because while it was incredibly transparent, it was still executed nicely. (Those last 2 words are ones I wish I could type about the Ilsa Pucci character.)

But the last few minutes, with Harry telling Chance about his feelings for Ilsa and then the office scene at the very end just absolutely ruined it for me. (Aside from the fact that we know that's what everything has been building towards since day one of season two, as awesome as Chance was/is/can be, this just was like getting socked in the bread basket.)

As good as I thought Monday night's episode was, that's where I thought this was building to, but it just fell in a huge sinkhole.
+1

I'm behind, but that's because I've lost so much love for this show. I think the double parter with them stuck in the jungle is what did me in. I then noticed the next 2 parter was prempted, but I'm not botherd to see what they were.

I will say the episode before this where the wife was trying to kill the husband was great. One of the best of the season easy.

Then Ilsa pulls back into the picture and ruins everything. She and Chance have no chemistry what so ever and the fact the new producers can't see that is an insult to the fans.

The only redeeming thing about this episode was the badass sequence when Chance was rushing to get to the office with Ilsa and one of the best room entrances ever. So awesome.

Seems like finale thread is getting a lot of attention, so hoepfully that's soemthing to look forward to.