Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Need fast (ie today) comments on "Friends" on R2

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Need fast (ie today) comments on "Friends" on R2

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-00, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First I hated it, then I grudgingly admitted it was funny in a couple of places, now I’m addicted! What with the series not even being announced for release in the States I’ve come to the conclusion that I may have to..ulp... buy a region 2 disc ie the whole series on DVD. The reason for the speed is that I think the best price is going to be the DVDStreet 15% off which ends today. So anyone that has some or all of these please leave your comments as to how good/bad (quality wise) and if they are worth £16-17 per disc.

I thankyou.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 05-09-00, 02:17 PM

Not bad value for your money, but crap DVDs. The quality is only slightly above what you would expect from a VHS tape. Cheaper than buying the VHS though.
Old 05-09-00, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even if you don't decide in time, don't worry; Blackstar are currently selling the DVDs at £56 per series, which is pretty much what you'd be paying from DVDStreet. So don't go rushing into buying them just because the offer ends today. Plus, if you hold out a while, it'll only be a matter of weeks before DVDStreet has another 20% off anyway, most likely. In the meantime you could sit yourself down and write a load of reviews for DVDStreet and get building up those loyalty points; last time they had a 20% off sale, I got the first series of South Park for £3 per disc that way.

------------------
(insert amusing signature here)
ICQ# 61040969 Me and my DVDs...
Old 05-09-00, 05:50 PM

I agree with FastShow on the picture quality, and sorry to say the extras are rather crappy also, series 4 and 5 has the exact same extras on all 6 DVD...

But it's friends, and it's DVD so it's a must have anyway

I just see myself replacing my R2 discs if there is a superior R1 release in the future... hmmmm (I'm replacing my VHS tapes right now) damn my friends addiction is expensive ehehe