Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Over 75 Rogers Video's across Canada are going out of business. buy 1 get 2 free.

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Over 75 Rogers Video's across Canada are going out of business. buy 1 get 2 free.

Old 01-10-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I picked up 42 dvd's today for 160 dollars.

Included in the lot.

Stray Dog criterion 3.33
Brazil Criterion 3.33
Sword of Doom Criterion 3.33
Dazed & Confused Criterion 3.33
Olympia 2 disc 3.33

I'll list the rest if anyone interested.

They have pretty decent foreign and documentry sections as well. Each store has 3 or 4 criterions. But the trick is finding a store no one goes to. We showed up and lined up 3.5 hours before opening for the first location and were second in line of about 50 people. There were a few good finds. Then, 3 hours after opening we went to a different local store and CLEANED UP. Almost everything was untouched. The girl at the counter told me she sold the Seven Samurai box set for 5 dollars.

Anyways, I think all the closing locations started liquidating today, and will be doing so for about 20 days.
Old 01-10-11, 06:08 PM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Over 75 Rogers Video's across Canada are going out of business. buy 1 get 2 free.

Are they the previously viewed DVDs or are they getting rid of new ones as well?
Old 01-10-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Over 75 Rogers Video's across Canada are going out of business. buy 1 get 2 free.

of the 2 I went to today it was PV. But the last time around some stores had new items. If you have any locations in mind you might want to give them a call.
Old 01-11-11, 08:04 AM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

It's been forever since I've been to Rodgers, but I hope to pick up some horror movies.
Old 01-11-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

A lot of Blockbusters are closing here in Toronto, and presumably elsewhere in the country, with similar deals. Some stores appeared to be more looted than others, but I've only driven by them so far, and not gone in. I'm assuming these closing sales started after the holidays?
Old 01-12-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

29 Rogers in B.C starting liquidating yesterday.