Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Any reputable sites stock Viva Elite cases?

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 01-10-11, 10:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried google, but the only thing that came up was a shitload of ebay listings. I need to find a place to get Viva Elite cases. Discmakers lists them, but the site refused to work for me. Created account. couldn't login. I don't think I like them anyway. 25 case minimum order and they don't stock the 4-6 disc cases.
Old 01-25-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Any reputable sites stock Viva Elite cases?

Casetopia has what you need, although they don't have any Viva Elite 4-disc cases:

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-B...Categories.bok
Old 01-26-11, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Discmakers was great when i ordered from them. Order processed and received within 3 days.
Old 01-28-11, 09:20 AM

Worked well for me:

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR025-00001
Old 04-09-11, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If anyone comes across a source for the four-disc version of these (or an equivalent even if made by another company), I'm all ears. My Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 BD case is cracked, and I'd like to replace it.

Thus far, the only four-disc cases I've been able to locate are 22 mm thick, while the Elite is 15 mm thick. (I wouldn't care about the thickness except I want the slipcover to fit over the replacement. Yes, I am that anal and I do keep the slipcovers).
Old 04-09-11, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
If anyone comes across a source for the four-disc version of these (or an equivalent even if made by another company), I'm all ears. My Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 BD case is cracked, and I'd like to replace it.

Thus far, the only four-disc cases I've been able to locate are 22 mm thick, while the Elite is 15 mm thick. (I wouldn't care about the thickness except I want the slipcover to fit over the replacement. Yes, I am that anal and I do keep the slipcovers).
Casetopia finally has the 4 disc. Just in time too. I was about to just use 5 disc cases to accomplish what I wanted. Now I'm just waiting for my order with this Parcel Post bullshit. I ordered $130 worth of cases, and they don't even stick with shipping methods that have tracking/DC. Not wise. I should've spent the extra $10 on Priority, but it pisses me off they're kissing the USPS ass to begin with. They could've done UPS Ground for the price of the goddamn Parcel Post.
Old 04-09-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Viper187
Casetopia finally has the 4 disc. Just in time too. I was about to just use 5 disc cases to accomplish what I wanted. Now I'm just waiting for my order with this Parcel Post bullshit. I ordered $130 worth of cases, and they don't even stick with shipping methods that have tracking/DC. Not wise. I should've spent the extra $10 on Priority, but it pisses me off they're kissing the USPS ass to begin with. They could've done UPS Ground for the price of the goddamn Parcel Post.
Thanks, Viper187! Sorry to hear shipping is slow, but this is what I've been looking for.
Old 04-09-11, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have a crapload of blu-ray cases. Including 3-4 disc cases and eco versions and non eco versions. I changed ALL of my blu's into the cases with the locking tab thing on the side and now have these all just laying in a box in the corner
Old 04-12-11, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another vote for discmakers.
Old 04-14-11, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I have a crapload of blu-ray cases. Including 3-4 disc cases and eco versions and non eco versions. I changed ALL of my blu's into the cases with the locking tab thing on the side and now have these all just laying in a box in the corner
What, Vortex cases? I hate those stupid tabs. I'd rather have hubs that protect the disc more. I've received movies in Viva Elite cases where half the hub was missing, but the disc was still sitting right where it belonged unharmed. I've swapped out most of my Vortex and eco crap Vivas for solid Vivas.

I just wish some place would start selling the regular/slim DVD cases with the goddamn Viva style hubs.
Old 04-21-11, 12:01 AM

These are the kind I use:
http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR020-00001
They are slightly slimmer than the other cases and I can actually store about 10 more movies per shelf by switcing the cases.
Old 04-21-11, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJE-187
These are the kind I use:
http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR020-00001
They are slightly slimmer than the other cases and I can actually store about 10 more movies per shelf by switcing the cases.
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 04-21-11, 02:04 PM

Yeah, i like them. If anyone is interested I would gladly trade my Viva elite's for any Vortex cases that someone has. i also have some extra Criterion style cases
Old 05-05-11, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Viper187

You have to pick UPS Ground when you check out. USPS Parcel Post was probably the default shipping method. You have to change it to UPS. I always do and have never had a problem.
Old 06-14-11, 02:45 AM

megadiscstore.com is a Canada based company (which apparently so is Viva) that carries all of the Viva Elite cases, including their 6mm single and double disc blu-ray cases. In fact, they currently have a special on right now of free shipping and 17% off the 4, 5, & 6 disc cases. The only restriction is they have a 5 case minimum purchase. I have bought from them before and will again in the future. The only problem I have is cost! I think that because they're the only retail sellers they have prices jacked up too high!