Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you!

Well, between some great sales, birthday and holiday gifts, my unwatched pile is now in the hundreds.. No point in buying anything anymore - will take until 2013 before I will see it!!

So will stop browsing this thread - at least for the time being : ) No point in being tempted!!

But I didn't want to leave without saying..

THANK YOU.

For all the wonderful tips you have given me.

Just in the last few months, as a result of this forum, I have gotten.

1) Tons of classic WB box sets for $11
2) ST:TNG complete set for $69 (and as far as I can tell, my set is not a bootleg).
3) Big lots.. need I say more?
4) 24 Season sets for $10.
5) L&H Universal 21 disk set for $42.
6) and too many other incredible deals to mention.

No way would I have ever known about these without the kind contribution of everyone here.

As the year ends (at least in my time zone - its 11:40 pm), I want to thank you for an incredible year of acquiring and appreciating my DVDs...

Have a happy new year everyone...

Stay safe, warm... and snuggle up with some movies..

Peace.

Steve
Old 01-01-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Thank you!

I want to add my thanks...and a New Year's reflection too.

This forum, and so many of the people on it, do a tremendous service to all who love film, and who enjoy collecting copies of films.

As a teenager, when I first started to read seriously about film, and have discussions with a fellow classmate in high school (he was a big horror film fan, me not so much, but we found common ground in that we both were big fans of Ray Harryhausen), I literally used to have dreams at night of having a projector and prints of films in my home. I could watch them whenever I wanted. The moviegoing experience was not limited to going to the theatre.

Now I have something I could never have imagined I would have as a teenager. High definition television, DVD and Blu-ray, films in near-pristine renditions, with stereo and surround sound where appropriate. A 1930s Hollywood mogul would probably envy what I have stashed in my basement office, in fact what we all have stored away. Films by Scorsese, Huston, Kurosawa, Akerman, Bergman, Disney, and yes, Harryhausen's animation, are literally at my fingertips. At will, I can disappear into other lives, or places that never existed outside of someone's imagination.

The bargains forum has, quite possibly, become my favorite subforum here. It helps me indulge this passion less expensively. As someone who believes that we may be seeing a diminishing number of films available on physical media in the years ahead, there has never been a better time to appreciate what we have, and to form the film collections we wish to have for the future.

Happy New Year, and thanks indeed. I think I'll watch a movie.
Old 01-01-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Happy New Year!!! I Love films and I love having people to talk to about films. Thank You

Last edited by nando820; 01-01-11 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-01-11, 01:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nando820
Happy New Year!!! I Love films and I love having people to talk to about films. Thank You
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 01-01-11, 01:44 PM

Oh, you'll be back ...
Old 01-01-11, 04:04 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

As a relative newbie, I very much appreciate having a place I can come to find out about new movies, good bargains, and voice an unedited opinion about some of the weird shit that goes on around me. I feel like I'm becoming a part of this community, whether or not I'm accepted has yet to be determined, but I like it here. I like being able to say what's on my mind, unlike another tech forum I moderate where you have to be on your best behaviour for the family element. I'm grateful for the ideas, the help, and the place to vent from time to time. There's a relatively decent group of people here, I just hope I can fit in some day...

Thanks everybody! -kd5-
Old 01-01-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my gf read what's been posted here so far, especially Super Daddy's heartfelt, eloquent contribution. Maybe she will understand me a little more, lol. Great idea for a thread and I echo its sentiments in thanking everyone here who "gets it" and shares all of the wealth therein.

As we enter this new year, remember my mantra against all the hordes who DON'T get it: It's not about watching everything. It's about watching what you want, when you want.
Old 01-01-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for introducing me to poverty. But at least I have more movies and video games than I know what to do with thanks to these sales. Just kidding (partially *grin*), I do thank DVD Talk for a great service they do to the community. It's much appreciated and I also enjoy the great banter between the members.