Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best UK stores for good packaging?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually order via Amazon (UK), but had too many bad experiences with poor packaging causing damage to more fragile items (i.e. cardboard based boxed sets), due their to minimalistic approach to packaging.

An example:
I ordered the Star Wars Clone Wars - Season 1 and 2 (Blu-ray) from Amazon (UK), only to have the boxed set arrived squashed (causing several dents). The damage was due to one of those fold up boxes been used, which provide no real protection from squashing. I provided detailed packaging feedback, and requested replacement, but the replacement was sent the exact same way, and suffered worse damage from been squashed. Their packaging feedback seems pointless, since Amazon (UK) never seem to actually alter the packaging for replacements.

I have tried HMV (UK), but their packaging was no better, and HMV (UK) actually sent an unsealed/used DVD box set out for my last order.

So could anyone recommended online shops in the UK, that sell worldwide and use thorough packaging? with items packaged so well, there is little chance of damage during shipping, even if quite roughed up during the journey.

Right Stuf in the USA is a good example, of the type of thorough packaging I'm looking for. It is getting so difficult to find companies, that still use good packaging.