Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) $1.04 + $3 shipping for Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back 1965 Tour Deluxe Edition?!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) $1.04 + $3 shipping for Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back 1965 Tour Deluxe Edition?!

Old 12-09-10, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see on ebay that alibris_books_08 is selling Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back 1965 Tour Edition in Brand New condition for $1.04. However, in the Seller's Comments section it says "CD CD". Does anyone know what this means?

The obvious guess would be CD only, but to my knowledge there was no CD included in this edition.

I'd like to buy but am unsure of the description and the seller will not accept e-mails about the item.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: $1.04 + $3 shipping for Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back 1965 Tour Deluxe Edition?!

According to ebay's search engine, at this moment there is no seller with the id alibris_books_08 & their is no copy of the Dylan set priced below $4.44 including shipping, so I can't answer.
Old 12-09-10, 12:48 PM

Re: $1.04 + $3 shipping for Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back 1965 Tour Deluxe Edition?!

I really wish I could post a link. It's on half.com too.
Old 12-09-10, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
According to ebay's search engine, at this moment there is no seller with the id alibris_books_08 & their is no copy of the Dylan set priced below $4.44 including shipping, so I can't answer.
I just PM'd you the link.
Old 12-09-10, 01:26 PM

I believe I've figured it out. For some reason the comments will state what the item is two times. For example, any music CD would have "CD CD" listed or any VHS tape would state "VHS VHS". Strange.

So it seems to me that, since there is no Dylan CD called Don't Look Back and since the seller has the item in their Movies section, they just accidentally typed "CD CD" instead of "DVD DVD" since Dylan items are usually albums.

If I am correct, this seems like quite a deal considering the lowest Brand New price on Amazon is currently $19.75 plus shipping.
Old 12-09-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the link. No idea why it didn't come up for me on the search engine, but ebay has totally f'd up their dvd search algorhythms since the Sept changes so shouldn't be a surprise.......

The seller has changed the title to dvd, & it does look like a monster deal. Albiris is a large bookseller website that also doubles many of their listings on ebay. Whether alibris_books_08 is the real site or not, i don't know, but again a killer deal.
Old 12-09-10, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ebay's search engine is f'd up beyond belief. When I click on "see other items" from that seller, it brings up 0 items for sale.

In case anyone wants to buy this, here's the link that DD sent me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 12-10-10, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Ebay's search engine is f'd up beyond belief. When I click on "see other items" from that seller, it brings up 0 items for sale.

In case anyone wants to buy this, here's the link that DD sent me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I see that the auction has now ended after 18 sold. Hopefully they don't try to pull some bs and cancel my order...or maybe they legitimately sold out.
Old 12-10-10, 10:26 AM

Well, if you actually ordered this (as I did), did you get a shipping notice? I just got mine, and it looks like I'm getting a copy of "The Rocqueville Orchestra Performs the Music of the Beatles". So much for that deal.
Old 12-10-10, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Croissant!
Well, if you actually ordered this (as I did), did you get a shipping notice? I just got mine, and it looks like I'm getting a copy of "The Rocqueville Orchestra Performs the Music of the Beatles". So much for that deal.
Unbelievable. I got the same thing on my shipping notice. 90% of me believed this deal would work. I should've listened to the 10% realist that said the company would realize their mistake and then make absolutely no attempt to make it right.

I saw something funny after looking through their negative feedback for the last 30 days on ebay. A buyer complained that they did not send him his purchase after he used Buy It Now to get the complete series of The Sopranos (brand new!) for $13.93!

Last edited by Dining Dead; 12-10-10 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-10-10, 11:33 AM

They may not even realize they've made a mistake yet, assuming it's all automated. I emailed them and if they don't make good it should be a pretty pat case for an ebay refund. I think.
Old 12-10-10, 11:45 AM

They may not even realize they've made a mistake yet, assuming it's all automated. I emailed them and if they don't make good it should be a pretty pat case for an ebay refund. I think.
Yeah, I did the same thing. I'd be amazed if we got this deal. No complaints though. It was a nice try.

I remember one time when I had success with a similar scenerio about two years ago when I got a brand new copy of Night of the Hunter for $0.01 from Moviemars on Amazon. After making the purchase, they told me they were "out of stock." However, after noticing that they were still selling the same thing but for a higher price, I quickly responded and pointed that out. I received the DVD a few days later. I wasn't a jerk about it and commend them for upholding the purchase.
Old 12-10-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered it from Half.com.
Old 12-11-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same email too, if they send me the wrong item and want to hassle me to send it back, I'm going to be mad.
Old 12-13-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. Just got my copy in the mail today.
Old 12-13-10, 01:44 PM

I was refunded my money and told to gift or recycle the worthless CD they're sending.

The thing that ticks me off the most is how insulting they are to me as the customer. It is painfully obvious that they realized their price mistake on the Dylan DVD and covered by "accidentally" sending the wrong item (a completely worthless item that they would certainly never be able to sell). They never even offered to send the correct item.

I can respect the fact that sellers make mistakes but they should own up to them. They could have simply stated that they made an error and could not sell the item at that price. While that still would have made me a bit mad, at least it would have been honest. I just can't stand being lied to, especially when the company is trying to be so clever with their deception.

Also, I would wager that the company is large enough that they could have taken a hit on the 18 DVDs they sold at the $1.04 price. Instead, they've likely made 18 customers angry enough to never deal with them again, thus potentially losing a lot more than what they would've lost on the discounted DVDs.

To conclude my rant, since I've noticed from negative feedback on ebay that issues like this have happened several times before, this company either needs to correct their price entry process or get far, far better at lying.