Old 12-02-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Nikita -- "Dark Matter" -- 12/02/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Owen (guest star Devon Sawa) leaks secret information from Division's black boxes to the media, revealing that the U.S. Government was responsible for an assassination in Chile. As a result, Percy (Xander Berkeley) frames a C.I.A. agent, Ryan (guest star Noah Bean, "Damages") for the crime. Nikita (Maggie Q) and Owen go to Chile to rescue Ryan from mercenaries and in doing so end up getting captured. Nikita reveals the secrets of Division to Ryan in an effort to save all of their lives. Back inside Division, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) spies on Percy and Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) and witnesses a side to Percy she has never seen before.

Episode 10 of 22

1 more new episode left after tonight before the show goes on break until the new year.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-LD-bmD62o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-LD-bmD62o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't wait...Love this show, along with Fringe and Vampire Diaries on Thursday nights.
Old 12-02-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Dark Matter" -- 12/02/10

I've been going through Nikita withdrawal. Rewatched the last couple of eps online and they held up well.
Old 12-03-10, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great to have this show back.

If this is how they're going to shoehorn Owen in as a love interest, then "meh". Michael is a more interesting character - I think his chemistry with Nikita is much better.

Otherwise, I thought this was a solid episode. Percy snapping that computer guy's neck was a shocker, and we got a look at the layers of government and Percy's control over them. Maggie Q and Lyndsy Fonseca were excellent as usual.
Old 12-03-10, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aren't they going to still have problems with the lower-level CIA guy that they originally framed for the assassination? They ended up framing his boss and killing him, too. But, isn't the original patsie going to have to be dealt with in the storyline?
Old 12-03-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, they aren't done with the CIA guy yet.

What the the other girl find in Alex's room? Was it that the camera and flash was a fake and she didn't really have the picture, or was there something more?
Old 12-03-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wmansir
Yeah, they aren't done with the CIA guy yet.

What the the other girl find in Alex's room? Was it that the camera and flash was a fake and she didn't really have the picture, or was there something more?
Yeah I was scratching my head at what exactly Jaden thought she found. It looked like just a piece of plastic to me. Was she really that naive to think that Alex would leave the photo just sitting around in her room?

Very solid episode overall. I don't think they are trying to force Owen as a potential love interest for Nikita. It's so wrong 1st of all and I really don't see any connection between them. Some good fight/action scenes, especially at the camp site where Ryan was kidnapped.

to Michael Cram from Flashpoint guest starring. Good to see him get work on a non-Canadian production (even though Nikita is filmed in Toronto).

It was good to see Rob Stewart again as the cold assassin. They need to utilize him more. He's way too cool and badass to use every other episode. Not surprised that Division framed Ryan's boss and murdered him to cover up their tracks.

I definitely see them bringing back Ryan again to help Nikita and Owen.
Old 12-03-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the plastic piece was maybe a fake flash or something and the camera didn't work, but one review I found said it was the thumb print she used in a previous episode to get into Percy's office.
Old 12-03-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some info from EW on upcoming episodes (Spoiler alert!)

Spoiler:
Look for Lyndsy Fonseca’s Alex to finally get out of Division’s lair. “Alex will be graduating from recruit to full Division agent, but it will come at a terrible cost." “After our winter break hiatus, there will be a major shift in the show as Nikita and Alex will be working together on the OUTSIDE. No more recruit pajamas! No more Stephen Hawking computer voice! Like Nikita before her, Alex will be out in the real world, with her own apartment, wardrobe, and car.” Also, Alex will be getting a new potential love interest.

Meanwhile, we’ll get to know a little more about Alex’s mentor Nikita. Says Silverstein, “We will reveal the location and origin of Nikita’s lair, and yes — we’ll learn where she got all her ‘money.’ It may not be as much as you think… ” Plus, “Nikita and Michael’s relationship will take another turn, bringing them closer in an unexpected way.”

And, perhaps the most exciting plot point we were able to get out of Silverstein: “There will be sex. On this show. Finally.”
Old 12-03-10, 09:40 PM

Jaden found the thumb print belonging to Percy that Alex had made a few episodes back.
Old 12-03-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by xfusejc
Jaden found the thumb print belonging to Percy that Alex had made a few episodes back.
That's right. It was when Alex broke into Percy's office and watched Michael and Birkhoff. Thanks Now I remember that piece of plastic.
Old 12-03-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to see Uncle Rico as The Engineer. I half expected him to say to Berkoff "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw this hard drive over them mountains?"
Old 12-05-10, 12:32 AM

Why does Nikita think destroying a drive matters? If she gets one, Percy puts out 10 new ones she doesn't know about. It's a totally pointless exercise. Heck, if I'm Percy I'd put my encrypted data on every commercial online service too. The traffic they're generating for those drives must be trivial, it would be nearly impossible to separate and identify from the masses of traffic going into those sites. One TB on S3 wouldn't be noticed. What's Nikita going to do, bomb Amazon and Dropbox's data centers too? And Percy guards the drives with hot bodies? How stupid, a body draws attention and creates a focus for surveillance. Stick a unit in a super-cheap mini-office somewhere with the rent and utilities 3 years prepaid. Lock the door and never go back unless you need to retrieve or destroy it. Totally untraceable.
Old 12-05-10, 02:23 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This show is pretty cool. Has a few plot holes but entertaining