Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help with another movie I cannot remember the title of!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when I thought I had them all remembered and looked up I was reminded of one I've asked people about for years. I've tried about everything to find out about this film. First off this is an older film. Probably the 60's? Here's all I remember ...

A Cary Grant type guy is either a photographer or a painter in his own loft. A (I believe French) woman and her daughter live upstairs. Against his better judgment he agrees (after being forced to in some way) to photograph / paint her. When this hot girl comes down he decides to scare her off by holding out some very lacy lingerie (a bodice and fishnets I believe) for her to model for him and she says from behind the changing curtain "I've already got that on." or "But I'm already wearing that." and comes out in it to his shock. She is not shy and poses for him. The landlord (or friend) barges in and gets the wrong impression.

Our Cary Grant guy gets stuck with this girl for most of the film and of course they end up of falling in love. It's got to be a comedy with all of the constant misunderstandings. I also seem to recall a ladder being in his loft. Like he is on it when they first show up. That might be why I think he was a painter. Maybe he was painting a wall but is really a photographer. It makes more sense that way. I think he is also concerned the landlord will kick him out if he is up to any funny business.

I have tried searches for who I thought the guy was or the girl. No such luck. Does anyone know what movie this was?

The most key part is "He ask her to put on sexy lingerie and she says she's already wearing that." I believe they have to work on the photo / painting multiple times meaning she is dressed like that a lot. I wish I could remember more about the film. All it takes is to remember a single actor to be able to look a movie up eventually. But I cannot remember!

Please help!
Old 11-30-10, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Help with another movie I cannot remember the title of!

Don't know if this is it but, there's a 60's comedy called THE ART OF LOVE with Dick Van Dyke as a painter. Standard 60s sex comedy. Somebody plays his friend, I'm thinking James Garner but not sure.
Old 11-30-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure you're describing Die Hard 2.
Old 11-30-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Don't know if this is it but, there's a 60's comedy called THE ART OF LOVE with Dick Van Dyke as a painter. Standard 60s sex comedy. Somebody plays his friend, I'm thinking James Garner but not sure.
I immediately thought of this as well, and I saw it a long, long time ago, but the plot description on IMDB doesn't match it. Oh well...
Old 11-30-10, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds kind of like "The Seven Year Itch"
Old 11-30-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I thought of that, but if someone can't recognize Marilyn Monroe...
Old 11-30-10, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked up "The Art Of Love". That's not it. But man it seemed very close. "The Seven Year Itch" threw me until I rechecked it out. It's not that one either.

Thanks for all of the replies. I hope someone can remember this film. I am pretty sure I watched it with the family on TMC, AMC, or some channel like that years ago.