Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

gohastings.com .99 shipping code

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-10, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gohastings.com .99 shipping code

I got this from another website, apparently it just went live today and must be USED by today. I thought I'd just post it here. I didn't want it to get lost in a huge thread, like the "free shipping" coupon one...

CODE: 99CENTSHIP

Just like the code says, it ships .99 per item.

I guess it's still good, but my shipping would still come out to $50-60 dollars.

I hope someone can use it. I posted it in the Blu-Ray section too. I hope that is okay.
Old 11-24-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: gohastings.com .99 shipping code

Hey guys, the code is giving free shipping on your entire order. Hurry up!!! The code is only good for a few more hours.
Old 11-24-10, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had problems accessing the site all night so I had no choice but to forfeit this deal.
Old 11-25-10, 11:31 AM

You can use this code: blackfriday

DVDs 30% off
http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MOV...Name/MOVIE.uts

Blus 25% off
http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MOV...Name/MOVIE.uts
Old 11-25-10, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcdoctor
Haha, 25-30% barely covers the cost of shipping from them nowadays. I'll pass.
Old 11-25-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by supermike07
Haha, 25-30% barely covers the cost of shipping from them nowadays. I'll pass.
If you're looking for a box set or a tv series it's a really good deal. Any dvd $8 and up ($9 and up for blu-ray) and shipping is covered.
Old 11-25-10, 08:11 PM

None of these coupns work anymore.

Gohastings shipping prices are really bad. If they returned the 99 cent shipping or any better shipping coupon I'd defintely make an order with them. Otherwise forget it, it's cheaper elsewhere.
Old 11-26-10, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by dino88
Hey guys, the code is giving free shipping on your entire order. Hurry up!!! The code is only good for a few more hours.
My order said the same thing, a shipping charged was added AFTER the order was made. This is my first time ordering from them and never again. If it says free and it was their fault, I shouldn't be charged later. Guess I'll be calling them in a few hours.
Old 11-26-10, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pvdfan
My order said the same thing, a shipping charged was added AFTER the order was made. This is my first time ordering from them and never again. If it says free and it was their fault, I shouldn't be charged later. Guess I'll be calling them in a few hours.
I just checked my order and they did they same thing. I order from them quite regularly and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I'll be calling them as soon as their customer service is open. Thanks for catching this.

If you need the number it's 1-877-427-8464. They open at 9am CST.
Old 11-26-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Happened to me a couple weeks ago. They gave me a refund on the shipping, but didn't include the tax they charged on it. I also returned some items and they didn't refund the tax on those either. I feel petty calling and asking them to refund a ten or fifteen cent difference, but a mistake is a mistake.
Old 11-26-10, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joe_b
^ Happened to me a couple weeks ago. They gave me a refund on the shipping, but didn't include the tax they charged. I had some returns I mailed back and they didn't refund the tax on those either. I feel a little pety calling and asking them to refund a ten or fifteen cent difference, but a mistake is a mistake.
I'm sure we'll get our refund and your experience makes me feel even better. I've contacted customer service numerous times and it's always been hassle free. It's still pretty dodgy of them charging more than you agreed to during checkout. My past experience will keep me coming back, but I can understand pvdfan's frustration this being his first experience with hastings. Thankfully pvdfan pointed this out or I probably wouldn't have caught it.
Old 11-26-10, 06:18 AM

^Thanks for the phone number. I would not even noticed it if they had not sent me a shipping e-mail for each item, I thought there was a mistake and I made 14 orders lol.
Old 11-26-10, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I just checked my order and they did they same thing. I order from them quite regularly and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I'll be calling them as soon as their customer service is open. Thanks for catching this.

If you need the number it's 1-877-427-8464. They open at 9am CST.
Can I ask you where are you seeing the shipping charge? Is it in the confirmation e-mail or are you seeing it on your credit card? Thanks.
Old 11-26-10, 07:03 AM

^It's in the order status when you log into your account with them.
Old 11-26-10, 09:22 AM

Just called. Since not all items have been sent, they can't adjust today. However, once they are all shipped, the shipping cost will be removed is what I was told.

If someone has an order where everything is shipped, let up know how it went.
Old 11-26-10, 09:52 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

My order had not shipped,and they were not willing to price adjust, my only option was to cancel the order completely or eat the shipping.

I told them to cancel the order (I sort of regretted placing it in the 1st place), but I did tell them that I thought it was bullshit that they don't at least send you out a f/u email notifying you that you will be charged in addition to what is listed on the order email. He didn't seem to be phased.
Old 11-26-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They tried to blame it on an expired promo code making it's way onto an internet forum. Not quite sure what she meant, since we used the code on the only day it was valid.

pvdfan...yeah, I was told pretty much the same thing. I'm going to be charged the higher price, but then immediately get a refund for the shipping costs. I don't understand why they can't just remove that charge, but I was too tired to argue.

Jaymole...like pvdfan said, check your order status on the gohastings website to see if a shipping charge has been added.
Old 11-28-10, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Thanks pvdfan & dino88

Very weird...my 2 orders in the order status page on their website show free shipping, but I just received an order completion e-mail for both orders and the charge to my credit card has shipping added...looks like I will have to make a call to them.
Old 11-28-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Everything in my order has shipped and I just received the "Your order has been completed" email. The email shows the correct amount I was originally charged (no shipping charge) and the website reflects this as well.

edit: Actually, I just noticed I was charged $0.98 total for shipping. 10 dvds and 1 book...yeah, I'm not complaining.