Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Patricia Arquette says that "Medium" has been canceled (not official yet)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 12:18 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...quette/?hpt=T2

Though CBS cut the episodic order on Medium from 22 to 13 last month, the network has not said whether the drama has officially been canned. But star Patricia Arquette is saying as much: The actress told EW that “we got canceled” and the show only has two more episodes to shoot.

“I was trying to get information from the writers about the last episode,” Arquette told EW this weekend while attending a gala at The Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. “I don’t know what it’s going to be, but they’re really excited about it. They’re like, `we’re just going to burn the whole thing down!’ I’m really excited.” She’s not looking forward to saying goodbye, however. “It’s been a great time. I love that time in my life.”

The CBS-owned Medium, which airs Fridays at 8 p.m., is currently averaging 7.1 million viewers. – With reporting from Nicholas White
Old 11-16-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Patricia Arquette says that "Medium" has been canceled (not official yet)

Eh, she should feel lucky that the show has run as long as it has, even with the jump from NBC to CBS. Probably quit watching it somewhere in its 3rd season.
Old 11-16-10, 01:31 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Agreed. This show was on the air longer than I ever thought it would.
Old 11-16-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, the show was good for what it was, but the few episodes I saw recently felt like they were spinning their wheels.
Old 11-16-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Yeah, the show was good for what it was, but the few episodes I saw recently felt like they were spinning their wheels.
See I felt this season was back on track (last season was kind of stalled IMHO). The oldest daughter off to college, the middle daughter coming into her own, etc. Still I'm happy they're getting a chance to go out with a bang!
Old 11-16-10, 03:32 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

^ Exactly, rfduncan. I was excited to see what was in store, Medium capabilities-wise, for Ariel off at college, too.

I used to poke fun at my wife for enjoying this show so much. Police procedural plus the supernatural? Count me out. And as the years went on... I watched it more often. The last two seasons? It's not unusual for me to say, "Wow, have you seen the new episode of Medium yet?!" to her... and I mean it! I never thought that would happen and we both really dig the show.

Guess there's a complete series box set in our future, for better or worse.
Old 11-16-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I agree that this season was better than the previous few. Oh well, it had to end sometime, hopefully the finale isn't some sobfest.
Old 11-16-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the first season or two, but I got incredibly tired of everyone on the show doubting her abilities after she demonstrated her reliability over and over again. I know the show is based on a "real psychic" so I imagine they took that aspect from real life. Except in real life she would be pulling stuff out of her ass and be frequently wrong instead of having actual powers and always being right.
Old 11-16-10, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Shouldn't she have seen it coming?
Old 11-16-10, 05:55 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-17-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She's going to wake up in a moment and realize it was just a bad dream.
Old 11-17-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I'm not afraid to say I'm a fan of the show. However, I've only watched sporatically since the move to CBS, but the show is in it's 7th season and will have 130 episodes in it's archive when it finishes. That's a pretty solid run for a paranormal/family drama procedural that was never a mega ratings hit.
Old 11-17-10, 02:13 AM

Bummed about this, I really enjoyed this show...sigh.
Old 11-17-10, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eve1972
Bummed about this, I really enjoyed this show...sigh.
Yeah, me too. It was a little up and down but I could always count on it satisfying. I would place it in the top 5 shows I like right now. Very bummed.
Old 11-17-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to see this go, if it is indeed cancelled. The writing was always solid and I loved the characters. But it had a good run, and I hope it finishes in good fashion.
Old 11-17-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I used to love this show but for no reason I just stopped watching, probably somewhere around the end of Season 2. Still would like to catch up on the show someday.
Old 11-17-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I will miss Patty A. and her boobs.
Old 11-18-10, 03:36 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Officially Canceled.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

CBS has canceled long-running drama series Medium.

The network is axing the five-year-old thriller, which has been a weak link in its Friday night lineup. RELATED: Another TV show that bit the dust.

Series creator Glenn Gordon Caron announced the news online: "It's true. Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on Fri 1/21. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink." PHOTOS: Hollywood's most promising young stars.

The most recent Medium pulled 6.8 million viewers and a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. That's still better than several other non-CBS shows on Friday, but after several years a scripted drama carries a higher production cost that raises the bar to continue.

CBS rescued Medium from cancellation after NBC axed the program last year, but the writing was on the wall when last month the network declined to pick up the show's back nine episodes for the season.
That's a bummer. See post #6 on how I ended up liking it (almost) as much as my wife does.

Also, maybe they did a rush job to get the scoop, but I had to correct two spelling errors in the above story when I posted it here. Weird.
Old 01-23-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe this was the last post and thread regarding this. I just now watched the final episode and despite ending with one of the corniest last lines in TV history my daughter and i got a little misty eyed at it. We've been watching this show together for years and it seems like the end of an era for "Daddy/daughter time". It is nice to see a show end well, wrapping things up as best they could within one episode.
Old 01-24-11, 12:01 AM

It was a very good series finale although I had to chuckle at them
Spoiler:
killing Joe after all the years of him being woken up in the middle of the night or having to deal with Allison losing one of her senses.
I really enjoyed the cast credits, that was a very neat thing to do.

I will admit though that after I saw the real Allison DuBois on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I lost interest in the show.
Old 01-24-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gmanca
I will admit though that after I saw the real Allison DuBois on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I lost interest in the show.
Wow, I thought that last bit at the end was some sort of joke until I just read your post and looked her up. I had no idea the show was based on a real person.
Old 01-24-11, 10:42 PM

Yeah, she's in the credits as an executive producer; have you seen what she's said on that Beverly Hills show? Vile stuff.
Old 01-25-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gmanca
Yeah, she's in the credits as an executive producer; have you seen what she's said on that Beverly Hills show? Vile stuff.
Any links to vids online?
Old 01-25-11, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1Gqdexq62o&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1Gqdexq62o&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SmhGHH6Q1jo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SmhGHH6Q1jo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Old 01-25-11, 01:38 AM

Thanks for the clips Seantn; the thing that got me was later on when she said something like "Even if their kids were missing, I wouldn't help them" and "I can tell you when she'll die, that's how awesome I am."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.