Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of nowhere

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of nowhere

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by Seantn; 12-09-10 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-04-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of now

Con Air. - Body right onto General Hammond's car. Why didn't they just put the bunny back?
Old 11-04-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I'm trying to make a list of horror movies where dead bodies drop down out of now

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, just after Kirk et al arrive at the Genesis station
Old 11-04-10, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah yes, Star Trek II. One of the greatest horror movies of all time.
Old 11-04-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And you should really spoilerize the descriptions when describing the scenes and especially character names.
Old 11-04-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Ah yes, Star Trek II. One of the greatest horror movies of all time.
Well, I couldn't remember a body falling from the ceiling in Star Trek V.
Old 11-04-10, 03:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid
And you should really spoilerize the descriptions when describing the scenes and especially character names.
For the Friday the 13th flicks just replace the names with "Dead Teenager" because that's all we remember anyway.
Old 11-04-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I'd like to compile a list of horror movies where the camera does a close-up on a character is doing something mundane, and as they turn around the camera pans quickly over and the musical cue SHRIEKS and the character screams as they come face to face with someone they didn't expect to be there, but it's only a friend or a cat or someone harmless...
Old 11-04-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What is this list for? Why would this list matter? At least Hokey's comment is about a cliche... It's like trying to make a list of old westerns where the bad guy rode on a brown horse with white feet.

Is this like for some drinking game you are trying to come up with? Did someone bet you that you couldn't come up with 10? I wanna know!
Old 11-04-10, 04:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

You sure IMDB doesn't already have a keyword for this? The other day while looking at The Exorcist, I noticed one of the many keywords was *SPOILER*
Spoiler:
"masturbation with a cross".
Luckily, it was the only film for that, but someone seriously wanted to track them? some of the keywords in IMDB are quite bizarre and unique.
Old 11-04-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure if [REC] would apply.
Spoiler:
Out of no where a body falls from an upper floor to the landing full of actors who weren't previously informed of the effect
Old 11-04-10, 05:17 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I'd like to compile a list of horror movies where the camera does a close-up on a character is doing something mundane, and as they turn around the camera pans quickly over and the musical cue SHRIEKS and the character screams as they come face to face with someone they didn't expect to be there, but it's only a friend or a cat or someone harmless...
Well, #1 on your list would be David Lean's Great Expectations. Not a horror film, but he invented that shot.
Old 11-04-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Every slasher ever.
Old 11-04-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
You sure IMDB doesn't already have a keyword for this? The other day while looking at The Exorcist, I noticed one of the many keywords was *SPOILER*
Spoiler:
"masturbation with a cross".
Luckily, it was the only film for that, but someone seriously wanted to track them? some of the keywords in IMDB are quite bizarre and unique.
They called that "masturbation"?

I'd hate to see what they called stabbing and mutilating a pussy with a cross then.
Old 11-04-10, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a Dead Teenager who falls onto a car in Friday the 13th (2009), scaring the About-to-be-Dead-Teenager in the driver's seat.
Old 11-04-10, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
and add the Open/Close Mirror jump-scare.

After watching as many films as I did for the October Horror Challenge, that shit got tired.
Old 11-05-10, 02:04 AM
En vacance

The Last Hunter- italo nam actioner has dead rotting pilot who falls and hangs on straps.
Old 11-05-10, 08:40 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seantn
Friday the 13th (Steve Christy drops down from the tree above)
It's one thing when Jason does it, but I've always found it amusing that
Spoiler:
Mrs. Voorhees, who is supposed to be 50 at the time of the original Friday the 13th, had the strength to rig up all those bodies by herself, dead weight no less.
Old 11-05-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Fly II - when that security guard's body comes flying in from right field. It's actually really funny.