Sons of Anarchy -- "Turas" -- 11/02/10

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Turas" -- 11/02/10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The club embarks on a protection run, the likes of which they’ve never seen before.

This is episode 9 of 13.
Old 11-02-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Turas" -- 11/02/10

They should have just killed Jimmy and his goon. But even if they didn't kill him because of the repercussions, why let him go? At least kill the other guy and tie Jimmy up to hold him there until this was all sorted out.

And they're really going to buy that Jimmy wasn't behind the explosion? How many things have to go wrong before they wise up and realize those two Irish Sons are working with Jimmy? Also, for as infamous as the True IRA is apparently supposed to be, they really suck at getting rid of their enemies.
Old 11-02-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait, what?

What the hell was that tattoo on the admin woman??

Loved this episode. I need to watch it again.
Old 11-02-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's sad when the wannabe gang former leader is more effective than this True IRA group.
Old 11-02-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, that ended sort of abruptly. I don't know what it is about this season, but the characters are 100 times dumber than they were in Seasons 1 and 2. At least Jax acknowledged at the beginning that a lot of what's going on is their fault for running guns.

Gemma, for example. You see that your son is getting close to his half sister. Sure, there is some bad history and infidelity there that no one wants to talk about. But isn't it better to just get that out in the open to prevent your son from having sex with his half sister?

The Sons in general have run into trouble at least three times since arriving in Ireland, and all three times those two Irish Sons have been around or sent them where they were going. First almost getting deported or killed by the police, then the drive by, and now the explosion. At least Jax is starting to wise up, but if these were the Sons from Seasons 1 and 2, those two Irish Sons would already be tied up and interrogated.

And Stahl, who is real good at covering her tracks, just leaves the phone there for her girlfriend to look at?

I did get a laugh out of Tara's boss having a big tattoo on her back. I guess in the past she might have been involved with a biker gang and is trying to help Tara avoid making some of the same mistakes she made?

Oh, and that assassination attempt with the bomb on the truck had to have been one of the worst attempts in the history of television. You don't tie it to starting the truck, and wait for a few minutes to detonate it? It makes no sense. Then, you have your guys run off and leave them alive? Why not just gun them down right then and there? Or, while they're all recovering, you just shoot them yourself? Yeah, I'd be real scared that if I killed Jimmy they'd come after my family wit their full force. They've been so effective thus far at killing their enemies. Give me a break. Also what happened with the cops at the border check? Did Jimmy's check just not clear or something?

Now Tara is kidnapped? Just great. Part of me wishes he would just kill Tara and get it over with. She's such dead weight at this point in the show. Not to mention her character has become completely unlikeable and irrational. Well, at least Tig, Piney, and the guy Tig hates are in Charming and seem to be exercising some common sense in what they're doing. They know it isn't Alvarez or the Mayans that roughed up the guy and are exercising some caution in what they're doing and are trying to steer Uncer in the right direction as well. What's going on in Charming has been far more interesting this season.

EDIT: The best part of the episode for me was when Piney and Tig went to Uncer to tell him Hale was involved. When Uncer asked what they wanted him to do about it, Tig's response of "I don't know...cop shit," cracked me up.

Last edited by kstublen; 11-02-10 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-02-10, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe the plan was to have the Sons arrested but was changed to blowing them up. The local guy seemed to go along with the arrest but wouldnt want them killed so they had to hide that from him.
Old 11-02-10, 10:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

This show is testing my patience. It's like the writers thought a big explosion would distract people from the fact absolutely nothing happened with that story this week/
Old 11-03-10, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts

Agreed this season has been really disapointing. I like the characters enough that I'm still excited to see it each week though.
Old 11-03-10, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, a shitty episode.

What on earth would make that chick think that Jimmy would just leave them alone if she let him go. I'm not saying kill him, but at least hold on to him until the Sons or the priest can deal with him. Now that Jimmy killed one of the priest's men himself does that mean the priest can take direct action or do they have to keep doing this bullshit Able extortion for murder with the Sons...god I hate this storyline.

I guess the IRA just stuck at making car bombs now. They must have gotten rusty of something. What a shitty plan. Here's an idea, don't lock them in the barn to tip the off that something is up, don't give them a few minutes to escape or at the very least disable the truck so they don't have a ready made means of escape/bomb removal.

From what I gather, the SOA Belfast guy who was "taking a shit" was the only member in on the bomb plot. Grey beard apparently thought they would try the police pickup again.

The tat Tara's supervisor had wasn't SOA but apparently she was a club girl somewhere. It had a skull, maybe someone's name written on a banner and a heart at the bottom with My Love written inside.
Old 11-03-10, 09:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

This season is so frustrating. I keep holding out hope that it will all of a sudden kick into high gear, but no dice.
Old 11-03-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

I get what the writers are trying to do this season, but the execution of it is terrible. It is almost like they had a plan going in, dumped it and brought back pieces of it. Unless something happens soon, this season may go down as the worst the show can have. Season 4 would have to come back incredibly strong.
Old 11-03-10, 10:32 AM

Maybe I had other stuff on my mind at the time, but I couldn't get into this episode at all. I just don't really care about the characters right now. I think I may bail on the show and revisit it on Blu-Ray if it's worth it.
Old 11-03-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
The Sons in general have run into trouble at least three times since arriving in Ireland, and all three times those two Irish Sons have been around or sent them where they were going. First almost getting deported or killed by the police, then the drive by, and now the explosion. At least Jax is starting to wise up, but if these were the Sons from Seasons 1 and 2, those two Irish Sons would already be tied up and interrogated.
This is by FAR my biggest problem with this whole Ireland trip (that is starting to feel like a shark in the water): Are they really THAT stupid that they can't piece together that these same two whispering guys have been a part of every bad thing that's happened since they got there?? After a truck is blown up, they BELIEVE that the one guy just HAD to take a dump in the woods at that exact moment?? REALLY? ? ?
Old 11-03-10, 12:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree this is the worst season. I do not follow the writers and producers changes but did they all leave after the first 2 seasons? TPTB then hired people that have no clue to the shows characters?

One thing that annoys me (and maybe I missed something) why has Unser taken a complete 180 against the club? I can see some hesitations being a little more cautious but....
Old 11-03-10, 12:48 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by leacha
One thing that annoys me (and maybe I missed something) why has Unser taken a complete 180 against the club? I can see some hesitations being a little more cautious but....
He's trying to save Charming PD from being absorbed into the Sheriff's department. His agreement with SAMCRO was he would look the other way as long as they kept Charming safe, which they aren't living up to anymore given the drive-by where Hale was run over.

He needs the the older Hale, who's running for Mayor, to stop that from happening. There's obviously a lot of bad blood between the Hale family and SAMCRO.
Old 11-03-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
This is by FAR my biggest problem with this whole Ireland trip (that is starting to feel like a shark in the water): Are they really THAT stupid that they can't piece together that these same two whispering guys have been a part of every bad thing that's happened since they got there?? After a truck is blown up, they BELIEVE that the one guy just HAD to take a dump in the woods at that exact moment?? REALLY? ? ?
He is a master of the OJ defense.

You tried to blow us up. "wasn't me"
you were the only one not accounted for when we were blown up.
"wasn't me"
You claim you were taking a dump in the woods like bear, were you wiping your arse with a detonator?
"It's toilet paper"
Made out of plastic with the words "Detonator" on it?
"Let's bare knuckle brawl"
ok, cool.
Old 11-03-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thought that the show did move things forward but it still dragging in how it does it like how the Charming crew "just" missed Salazar and the Belfast crew "just" missed O'Neil with the detonator.
Old 11-03-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is rapidly going downhill, it's like all the characters spent the offseason eating lead paint chips.

Oh Jimmy just burst in and capped some dude in the head. Oh no, but we turned the tables and got his guns. I have an idea, lets let him go, that way he won't be angry and kill us. Cause if we killed him, he would have been mad and killed all of our families. From beyond the grave apparently.
Old 11-03-10, 03:11 PM

I signed up to post a still shot I have of the tat.. but newbies can't post pics I guess?
Old 11-03-10, 03:17 PM

Tried using it as my signature... *test*

Nope.. they took it out. Sorry
Old 11-03-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I don't need to start a thread next week, since everyone is giving up on the show.

I thought this episode was great. The story zoomed along, the whole cast was involved, we got action and a WTF? ending. I also thought they did a nice job of alternating between Charming and Ireland. Plus, Jeff Kober's awesome surfer dude haircut and the return of the Vag Punch!

As for Gemma not killing/detaining Jimmy O, I can't remember the exact line, but last season Gemma said something about only being afraid of the Devil and Fiona. So when Fiona had a gun to her head, Gemma knew she meant business and did as she was told.
Old 11-03-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
He is a master of the OJ defense.

You tried to blow us up. "wasn't me"
you were the only one not accounted for when we were blown up.
"wasn't me"
Isn't that the Shaggy defense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4axo9rmJY
Old 11-03-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Gemma, for example. You see that your son is getting close to his half sister. Sure, there is some bad history and infidelity there that no one wants to talk about. But isn't it better to just get that out in the open to prevent your son from having sex with his half sister?
You're assuming that Jax is John Teller's son.
Old 11-03-10, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

When they cut away from the long distance shots that were actually filmed in Ireland to the close-ups that are so obviously in California it's pretty jarring. Couldn't they at least frame things a little better so we're not staring at scrubby hills and Ponderosa pines all the time? Or they could've done the smart thing and shot in Vancouver for a few weeks as the PacNW can pass as Ireland much easier.

It's a sign that I'm not at all invested in the characters this season that I have so much time to nit-pick about the background scenery. I'll ride it out to the end since these cable series are so short but at this point I'm really looking forward to next season.
Old 11-03-10, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

the episode was pretty boring, but damn if the preview didn't make next week look awesome. hopefully it's not just a good editing job.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.