Sons of Anarchy -- "Lochan Mor" -- 10/26/10

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-10, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Lochan Mor" -- 10/26/10

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
When Samcro pays a visit to another charter, not everyone’s happy to see the mother chapter.

NOTE: This episode is 91 minutes.
Old 10-26-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Lochan Mor" -- 10/26/10

I really hope this kicks off a lot of action and understandable Irish dialogue that is not mumbled.
Old 10-26-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Off to a decent start. I loved when Chibbs just took off his sunglasses, spit in the guy's face, and then started beating him.

Okay, so Jimmy wants the sons gone. He tried to just get them sent back to America in custody. But wouldn't have killing them just been much easier? Why not have the Belfast Sons that are apparently on his side just take them out from the get go? Unless he doesn't have enough of them on his side and thinks they'd get killed too quickly. I guess that makes sense because by the looks of it there's a lot of Belfast Sons that seem pretty happy to see the Charming Sons. Still, I find it odd that Jimmy's main way to stop the Charming Sons was to have them deported. There has to be some sort of back-up plan.

I liked that the theme song had an Irish twist to it. That was a pretty cool touch.

Happy saying, "Oh yes I will," cracked me up.

Last edited by kstublen; 10-26-10 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Opening with some Black 47, won my vote.
Old 10-26-10, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chibs has always been one of my favourite characters, but can someone refresh me on why his wife and daughter didn't come with him to America when he was kicked out of the True IRA? I mean, I know that Jimmy is responsible for his scars and that he took the wife and daughter, but how? How did he just take them?

Regardless, I hope Chibs is the one that gets to kill Jimmy when it's all said and done.
Old 10-26-10, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the idea that his wife at that point actually wanted to be with Jimmy, so he took her that way and the daughter came with him. Things changed, I'm guessing, when she came to see Chibs when he almost died.
Old 10-26-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, I really hope nothing happens between Jax and Trinity, lol.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I got the idea that his wife at that point actually wanted to be with Jimmy, so he took her that way and the daughter came with him. Things changed, I'm guessing, when she came to see Chibs when he almost died.
Yeah, I was never clear on that particular aspect; if she actually wanted to stay with Jimmy or if he just sort of was holding her prisoner. And we still don't know what Chibs did to have Jimmy give him the scars and kick him out of the True IRA, right? I imagine we might get some of those questions answered while the Sons are in Ireland. But the downside is that the Priest will be the one answering the questions and I won't be able to understand any of it because of his incessant mumbling, haha.

That drive-by was well done. They're going to have to know now that someone within their midst is a mole for Jimmy. EDIT: Yeah, I'm not buying that it was whoever those Belfast guys said it was. Seems like way too much of a coincidence to me.

---

Wow, that Prospect sucks. I miss Half-Sack. He wouldn't have hesitated and would've shot the guy as soon as he busted the window. That guy just cowers in the corner while the old man stands up for himself. How pathetic. He better just disappear because Tig and the other guy are not going to react kindly.

Last edited by kstublen; 10-26-10 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like he just disappeared.
Old 10-26-10, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked this episode, but that's if I just completely ignore the ridiculousness of this whole Abel kidnapping plot. So let me address that first, then the actual episode.

This Abel storyline is just awful. It's such an unrealistic stretch. They've made it so unnecessarily convoluted by having people speaking in codes and being all cryptic about things. People don't talk that way, it just comes off as unnatural. All of it was done by the writers to just stretch out a weak premise. I thought Sons Of Anarchy was above that, but I guess not. If they had actually been realistic about it, this storyline could've been resolved in 3 episodes, max. As it stands, they've stretched it beyond the point of belief and have had all the characters acting like idiots.

I liked the episode though. At least some stuff actually started to happen. I am getting sort of sick of all the double-crossing and scheming though. I mean, why not just kill the Sons when they first arrived? It just doesn't make much sense. I'm much more interested in what's going on in Charming and wish they'd focus on that, but obviously they can't. Again, that Prospect sucks. I'm glad he's gone. I feel like someone may have mentioned it last week, but anyone else find it funny that the Sons left their cuts back in America, but are still wearing Sons sweatshirts or whatever? I just want this storyline to conclude as soon as possible, but at least stuff's actually happening now as opposed to before when people are talking over the phone in code. The "fight" between Jax and the Belfast guy was a big disappointment. Nothing happened. Best scene was Chibs reuniting with his wife and daughter.

I love how Abel is safe at an orphanage, where anyone can come and apparently adopt him. You'd think they'd just keep him there but not let anyone adopt him, but it looks like we may actually see another family take Abel. Way to go creative team! Once Jimmy is dead and the Sons go to get Abel from the orphanage, he won't be there and you'll stretch it out another episode (at least) with having them track down the people who adopted the kid, lol.
Old 10-26-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

why does that old man want Jax to kill Jimmy Fallon?
Old 10-26-10, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by redrum
why does that old man want Jax to kill Jimmy Fallon?
He got sick of him ruining sketches on SNL by laughing and just want The Roots to go on tour.
Old 10-26-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by redrum
why does that old man want Jax to kill Jimmy O'Phelan?
Fixed.

My understanding is he's tired of Jimmy being greedy and putting himself ahead of the cause and so he wants him dead. Jimmy is trying to sever ties with the Sons to sell to Russians and break a decades-old bond, and that apparently isn't sitting well with some of the True IRA. Only problem is that if word got out that one of the True IRA's leaders (Jimmy) was killed by another leader (the Priest), it would be devastating to the cause. They can't risk it getting out that there was dissent and infighting within the group as their enemies would seize upon it and if the members of the True IRA chose sides and split down the middle their cause might come to an end.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
He got sick of him ruining sketches on SNL by laughing and just want The Roots to go on tour.
Old 10-27-10, 12:16 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Man, I really hope nothing happens between Jax and Trinity, lol.
The promo they were running for this Thursday's Sunny made that pretty funny.

The Abel story didn't bother me that much until the end of tonight's episode, which pretty much means to me they have no idea what the fuck to write about and are going to drag this out as long as possible.
Old 10-27-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I think the end shows that the priest's plan is for neither the Sons nor Jimmy to survive the conflict. He's setting them up to kill each other. They described his church as "like a fortress." If his true goal was just to keep Abel safe, he would have been kept there.
Old 10-27-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

[Dramatic final shot of loving couple taking adorable baby] --> fade slowly to me -->

I mean, COME ON: Now when Jax finally tracks the lil' tyke to the orphanage, his search will continue and drag this whole nonsense on even LONGER? U g h.
Old 10-27-10, 02:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If this is the storyline for the entire season, they're going to have to put in a lot of other good shit to make up for it.

I'm wondering; is it possible for Jax not to get Abel back? Then when he returns to Charming, somehow finds out Tara is(was) pregnant and then that she had an abortion, sending him further over the edge that he lost 2 children in a matter of a week or so. Wouldn't be the brightest story arc, but may be (if not nearly inconceivable) a possibility.
Old 10-27-10, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Losing interest in the show, this season has been a bust so far.
Old 10-27-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

The sweeping intro was full of promise but pretty soon it was right back to the same old nonsense but with a different accent. I suppose if the people in the Samcro universe acted normally each season would be one episode...

Hey, where's my kid?
He's in Belfast.
Huh, that's weird. Guess I'll go get him.
Here he is and you get a sister too!
Yippee!

Meanwhile back in Charming not a single person or group can outwit a motorcycle club.
Old 10-27-10, 05:09 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Was let-down by this episode. Expected more out of it. Oh well...at least it's been consistent with the sub-par season.
Old 10-27-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have about 5 episodes of this waiting for me on my DVR, but every time I go to watch, I just cannot get into the plot. After reading this thread, I don't feel like I'm missing much.
Old 10-27-10, 07:25 PM
Banned

You'd think they'd tell Jax about his sister only to avoid the awkward scene where he is caught tapping that ass.
Old 10-27-10, 08:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if Jax is going to end up killing both the Priest and Jimmy; everything the Priest was saying about Jimmy hiding Abel to use him as leverage against Jax is what the Priest is doing himself.

I figured going to Belfast would be a reset on what's been happening, in particular the whole truce with the Mayans.
Old 10-27-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the Mayan truce is for real this time. My guess is that Darby is going to implicate Hale in the attack, and he will lose the mayor race. Something will go down in Charming to make Charming lose its police force (Unser's death), and the county police will start to be a big hassle for the Sons. I think they may actually sort of go straight-ish but get pulled into crap one way or another. That's just my guess for what gets set up to give us a season 4 arc.
Old 10-27-10, 08:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a very good idea for an arc.
Old 10-27-10, 08:49 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I kind of dug this last episode... still have a wee bit o'trouble understanding the Irish tho...

chuckled when they called "Sarah Palin?" in for her abortion.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.