Old 10-25-10, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Aisle of Terror" -- 10/25/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chuck, Sarah and Casey battle a sinister scientist (Robert Englund) who is plotting to release toxins that induce nightmares. Meanwhile, the true allegiances of Chuck's mother (Linda Hamilton) come under scrutiny, and the Buy More gang celebrates Halloween. Morgan Fairchild also guest stars.

Episode 6 of 24

The premise sounds a little goofy, but it's a Halloween themed episode.
Old 10-25-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Aisle of Terror" -- 10/25/10

Bump since this is close to finishing up in the East.
Old 10-25-10, 08:34 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

good episode... I really enjoyed this one.
Old 10-25-10, 11:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah, I thought this was the best episode of the season. It had a good balance with all the characters.
Old 10-25-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming whoever the .gif creators are, they are busily working on a .gif to post in this thread. You know the scene I'm talking about...
Old 10-26-10, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Otters??
Old 10-26-10, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It's weird, last week I mentioned that it seemed they were dragging their feet with the mom stuff, and this week they tried to jam everything together suddenly. I thought the episode was generally fine, but it seemed really rushed now after taking their time with coincidence after coincidence with links to Chuck's mom only for her to just show up. Not to mention already flipping her back and forth as a double agent/spy twice in the same episode.
Old 10-26-10, 06:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

.gif = Jeffster in front of the game system. LOL.

"Is it a baby? Is it a snail? I can't tell!"
Old 10-26-10, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone else notice the stack of HD DVD boxes during one of the scenes near the end? I think the Buy More needs to get some updated product.
Old 10-26-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Did anyone else notice the stack of HD DVD boxes during one of the scenes near the end? I think the Buy More needs to get some updated product.
I thought I saw HD DVD on those boxes but was too lazy to go back. Too funny.
Old 10-26-10, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Chuck has been rocking XA2's since Season One. I always get a kick when I see them. They really need to get some more merchandise in the store. Outdated games, movies with no shrinkwrap etc.
Old 10-26-10, 10:18 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Chuck has been rocking XA2's since Season One. I always get a kick when I see them. They really need to get some more merchandise in the store. Outdated games, movies with no shrinkwrap etc.
I think that's the point. I think it's hilarious that this fictional Best Buy is stocked with out of date crap.
Old 10-26-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I always notice the off-brand "Guitar Hero"-type game ("Power Shredder" or something like that) they have, but I swear I've seen the actual game too.

Where Jeff and Lester playing a Kinect? I didn't rewind it to check.

Good episode - lots of movement in the stories. Sad that that Ellie is getting screwed in the parent department once again.
Old 10-26-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I too was surprised by all the Mom-story advancement in just one ep, but I thought it was pretty well handled. As much as the Ellie character can get annoying with all she puts on Chuck, I felt so bad for her. (It was fairly transparent that she was going to try to see Ellie, so building up to that idea and then having ripped away was a shock. Then again, being that it was TV, that should have been fairly obvious too, I suppose.)

I also wonder what ramifications this will have on Chuck and Sarah's relationship. Being that they've seemed fairly even keel the last few weeks, they needed some kind of wrench thrown in the works. (Or if Chuck finds out Morgan was involved in the operation that obtained the info that made them capture his mom.)
Old 10-26-10, 12:07 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
I also wonder what ramifications this will have on Chuck and Sarah's relationship. Being that they've seemed fairly even keel the last few weeks, they needed some kind of wrench thrown in the works. (Or if Chuck finds out Morgan was involved in the operation that obtained the info that made them capture his mom.)

I suspect there won't be an issue here, once he is shown that she was bad all along, he really doesn't have much of a reason to be pissed. Especially if they ultimately kept her away from his pregnant sister.
Old 10-26-10, 12:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Where Jeff and Lester playing a Kinect? I didn't rewind it to check.

Yeah, it was kind of funny that on the front page of Yahoo they had a story about Kinect and they used a photo from one of the events with Levi and Gomez playing it.
Old 10-26-10, 01:47 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing I was somewhat let down by from this episode was the Aisle of Terror. I was really expecting some fucked up shit in there, and what we got was... kinda meh.
Old 10-26-10, 02:26 PM

About the HD-DVD boxes. I took that as an inside joke on the part of the creators. The way they were so prominently displayed when Chuck hits the floor made it too easy to identify them if they were trying to just fill the background.
Old 10-26-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I suspect there won't be an issue here, once he is shown that she was bad all along, he really doesn't have much of a reason to be pissed. Especially if they ultimately kept her away from his pregnant sister.
As long as he believes it; they made a pretty strong effort to show how much Sarah believed that Chuck really "knew" his mom.

Still miss Papa B.
Old 10-26-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
I too was surprised by all the Mom-story advancement in just one ep, but I thought it was pretty well handled. As much as the Ellie character can get annoying with all she puts on Chuck, I felt so bad for her. (It was fairly transparent that she was going to try to see Ellie, so building up to that idea and then having ripped away was a shock. Then again, being that it was TV, that should have been fairly obvious too, I suppose.)

Ellie whining can get to be a bit much at times; Chuck you don't tell me anything, Chuck you don't confide in me, Chuck get a job, Chuck get a girl, Chuck ram it in her fartbox (well maybe not that last one). I picture the scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin pulling the string from his chest when she talks.

They may have Mamma B be like Jill. He keeps believing in her and she keeps dumping on him until he mans up, grows a pair and does the right thing.

Yup, that was funny
Old 10-26-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm surprised there was no mention of Chuck's dad. Does she even know he's dead? Why was it that he "did it for her" if she's supposedly a bad guy?

I just hope they don't go full Alias on us.
Old 10-26-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I thought this was the best of the season. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the best episodes are those that balance the spy stuff, the Buy More crew and family. When all three plot lines intersect it's even better.

Would have been better if Sarah didn't say anything. Ellie should have run out to see Chuck holding the bear.

Is Morgan Fairchild supposed to be around more? That was a very weak episode to use her on if she was in it for such a short amount of time. Where's Bruce B?!
Old 10-27-10, 06:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

It was kinda cool to see Linda's character gas Roland Kickinger's character (he played T800 in Termnator salvation)
Old 10-27-10, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup! Maybe Chuck really takes place 3 years ago.

I was hoping they'd get more use out of Chip Rommel. Seeing him play a serious roll just doesn't work.

Linda's blurry face is WAY more distracting than just showing her age. The previews for next week did not have her touched up yet and you could really see her wrikles.
Old 10-27-10, 07:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Linda's blurry face is WAY more distracting than just showing her age. The previews for next week did not have her touched up yet and you could really see her wrikles.
They are blurring her face?

I thought her face looked a bit puffy.

Whats wrong with showing some wrinkles on a mom? Its not like she is supposed to be 35.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.