CW picks up Hellcats, Nikita and One Tree Hill for full seasons

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-22-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...ontent=Twitter

The CW is giving full-season orders to freshman dramas Hellcats and Nikita, along with veteran One Tree Hill.

Hellcats has been paired with America's Next Top Model on Wednesday nights, averaging 2.5 million viewers. Nikita has been matched with Vampire Diaries on Thursdays pulling 3.6 million viewers. Both have been more or less steady in recent weeks.

Absent from the list: Life Unexpected, which has been struggling paired with the eighth season of One Tree Hill on Tuesday nights. CW has picked up a couple scripts for the show, however.

“This fall, The CW made several strategic scheduling moves, including adding two of the most buzzed-about new series, ‘Hellcats’ and ‘Nikita,’ to our line-up, and we’re thrilled that they’ve paid off for us,” said CW entertainment president Dawn Ostroff. “By giving our two freshman series and proven performer ‘One Tree Hill’ full orders, we’ll be able to continue our success and momentum throughout the rest of the season.”
Nikita has been awesome and is getting better each week.

I like Hellcats for the cheese factor and eye candy.

I know a few of you here aren't happy with One Tree Hill and complain about it every week, but I'm glad the show is getting a full year to wrap up. I read that Mark Schwahn and Bethany Joy Galeotti (Haley) are expecting this to be the final season.

Life Unexpected is still at 13 episodes.
Old 10-22-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: CW picks up Hellcats, Nikita and One Tree Hill for full seasons

Glad about all 3. Hope LUX get a full season. I actually watch everything on CW except America'sNextTopModel.
Old 10-22-10, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

I have been surprised that I have actually enjoyed Hellcats, One Tree Hill needs to finally end.
Old 10-22-10, 08:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

LUX for an order for to additional scripts, but with a few Midseason shows planned (who knows with CW), it's toast.
Old 10-22-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
LUX for an order for to additional scripts, but with a few Midseason shows planned (who knows with CW), it's toast.
They should start putting messages on her BFF's giant forehead

"Save our show"
"We're better than 90210"

or have Slux make more appearances.
Old 10-23-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I would have been happier if they just killed OTH. It's a chore to watch (and pretty much has been ever since S4). If it weren't in its last season, I'd just dump it.
Old 10-23-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for Nikita. I don't watch those other shows.
Old 10-23-10, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the seasons 1-4 of One Tree Hill. But after season 5 what really bugged me about the show is that they involved the characters of Mouth and Skillz more. Both of them are annoying and the actors playing them can't act. Lee Norris will have always the annoying Minkus factor. I stopped watching the show after season 6. I think OTH could ended well in either season 4 or season 6.
Old 10-23-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I liked the seasons 1-4 of One Tree Hill. But after season 5 what really bugged me about the show is that they involved the characters of Mouth and Skillz more. Both of them are annoying and the actors playing them can't act. Lee Norris will have always the annoying Minkus factor. I stopped watching the show after season 6. I think OTH could ended well in either season 4 or season 6.
Yes, I agree season 4 after High School ended was a perfect ending and even season 6 when Lucas/Peyton were happy and Nate 1st joined the Bobcats was a perfect ending as well. But, I understand why the CW renewed it for season 7 and now 8. The ratings for pretty much all the shows on this network aren't good, but OTH is still one of the higher ratings performers. Plus, the CW has failed to develop any viable replacements...Melrose Place crashed and burned and Life Unexpected is hanging on to dear life.

This network has their work cut out for them next season as Smallville is done, Supernatural is probably done, One Tree Hill is finally going to be put to rest and Life Unexpected is probably going to get canned.
Old 10-24-10, 06:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Supernatural will be back. No question about that. As will 90210, Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.
Old 10-24-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While I feel like "One Tree Hill" hasn't been it's best in years - I'm still enjoying the series, especially last year and this year (eventhough it feels like I'm watching a spin-off versus the original series). I'm glad that CW gave them a back 9 so it can end knowing it's going out.
Old 10-27-10, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes, I agree season 4 after High School ended was a perfect ending and even season 6 when Lucas/Peyton were happy and Nate 1st joined the Bobcats was a perfect ending as well. But, I understand why the CW renewed it for season 7 and now 8. The ratings for pretty much all the shows on this network aren't good, but OTH is still one of the higher ratings performers. Plus, the CW has failed to develop any viable replacements...Melrose Place crashed and burned and Life Unexpected is hanging on to dear life.

This network has their work cut out for them next season as Smallville is done, Supernatural is probably done, One Tree Hill is finally going to be put to rest and Life Unexpected is probably going to get canned.
I also understand the reasons OTH got renewed but creatively the show had no juice after season 6. I did watch some of season 7 and I really didn't like Quinn or Clay and last year when OTH and Life Unexpected were on the bubble I found it odd that Paul Johannsen was the only pleading for the show. I also liked Smallville years ago but it got dragged out too much and Supernatural is a show that I watch sometimes but I think it should end already.
Old 10-27-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nikita and Hellcats were horrible but CW probably has no new shows to put on the air.
Old 10-28-10, 03:51 AM

Nikita is supposedly getting "tweaked" to get more female viewers, by which I presume female-oriented soap-opera elements will be added. I hate soap operas.
Old 10-28-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Supernatural will be back. No question about that.
Well just like One Tree Hill, why would they cancel a show that is in its final season?