Reload this Page >

Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-20-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out? What do you guys think? Is it worth getting them now or should i wait and see?
Old 10-20-10, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Question

Originally Posted by james2025a
I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out?
100% likely
Old 10-20-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Each time a new movie has come out, there's always been another box set that people seem to buy, for some reason.
Old 10-20-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out? What do you guys think? Is it worth getting them now or should i wait and see?
I say get em now. There only doing 2 a year which means 5 & 6 come out next year & Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 Ultimate will come out 2012. Who wants to wait until 2013 for a box set? Not me.
Old 10-20-10, 05:57 PM
Banned

I'll wait till they are all done and get the inevitable monster box set uber edition!
Old 10-20-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smurr05
I'll wait till they are all done and get the inevitable monster box set uber edition!
I bet that within a couple of years of the first box set with the very last movie, they come out with an ever better one.
Old 10-21-10, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I guess the only good answer is to wait until you only have one day to live, that way a better version definitely won't be released in your lifetime.
Old 10-21-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
I guess the only good answer is to wait until you only have one day to live, that way a better version definitely won't be released in your lifetime.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 10-23-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I picked up #3 and went to download the Digital Copy because if I don't do it right away I never do it. Unlike previous editions, the Digital Copy was not on a separate disc, which I don't mind. If we're going to itunes anyway, why do we need a physical disc, right? But the link to wbdigitalcopy/harrypotter3ue was dead, and scrolling through the selections at wbdigitalcopy.com showed the first two Potter ultimates but not the third and fourth. I'll check again later, but this is looking like a big fail four days after street.
Old 12-08-10, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap! The digital copy code paper for my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Edition (the 2nd movie) came with a Sorceror's Stone code, instead of a Chamber of Secrets code. I couldn't figure out why iTunes kept telling me that the code was invalid until I looked at the piece of paper carefully and it was for the 1st movie, not the 2nd one. If anyone here is kind enough to PM me their digital copy code for the 2nd movie, I would be most appreciative and I will do you a solid favor in the future. It's somewhat urgent, since the digital copy code expires today, 12/8. Thanks.

TLK
Old 12-08-10, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I say get em now. There only doing 2 a year which means 5 & 6 come out next year & Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 Ultimate will come out 2012. Who wants to wait until 2013 for a box set? Not me.
I want them now as well, I think the packaging is great and don't want to wait for who knows what they'll put together at the end....besides, I can always buy them again.
Old 12-08-10, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smurr05
I am waiting for that uber edition, and hopefully on a good DOTD on amazon.com!
Old 12-08-10, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Lizard King
Crap! The digital copy code paper for my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Edition (the 2nd movie) came with a Sorceror's Stone code, instead of a Chamber of Secrets code. I couldn't figure out why iTunes kept telling me that the code was invalid until I looked at the piece of paper carefully and it was for the 1st movie, not the 2nd one. If anyone here is kind enough to PM me their digital copy code for the 2nd movie, I would be most appreciative and I will do you a solid favor in the future. It's somewhat urgent, since the digital copy code expires today, 12/8. Thanks.

TLK
Two kind members sent me their codes. Thanks!

TLK
Old 12-08-10, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Lizard King
Two kind members sent me their codes. Thanks!

TLK
Glad you got them. I was going to send you mine, if you'd needed it.
Old 12-08-10, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Glad you got them. I was going to send you mine, if you'd needed it.
Thanks. I only needed one, but two members sent me their codes at virtually identical times.

TLK
Old 12-05-13, 09:12 PM
Cool New Member

So are all these Ultimate Editions going out of print now? The blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Ultimate edition is $135 on Amazon from a marketplace seller followed by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at $75.
Old 12-06-13, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,676 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRealJoeBen
So are all these Ultimate Editions going out of print now? The blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Ultimate edition is $135 on Amazon from a marketplace seller followed by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at $75.
I remember two years ago that WB announced all of the Harry Potter movies would be going out of print.

Since the DVDs and blu-rays are still readily available and have, to my knowledge, never actually been unavailable in the two years since the announcement, I'd assume that there's still plenty of stock out there. They were selling for $1.96 and $3.96 at Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale this year.

The Ultimate Editions are probably just now becoming unavailable.
Old 12-08-13, 11:01 PM
Cool New Member

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.